October 31, 2014 | 1620 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently discovered this. It's been about 2 weeks. I have normal, but color treated hair. It's super fine and a semi sensitive scalp. This has caused no irritation or itchiness. It has the nicest mild scent and it really does do a fantastic job. I alternate between this and Jason Tea Tree shampoo. I honestly don't need to use the Jason shampoo because my scalp feels really good after switching. I just need to use it up :)

I have very red hair, I find that is hasn't faded it any more than my other color safe shampoos. It also doesn't leave a coating or greasy feeling on the hair but still provides silky shine. I enjoy it. I don't use conditioner. I know, I know for PH balancing purposes I should. I do use a spray in conditioner and that's better than nothing. I don't like to use cream rinse conditioners on my super fine hair because it leaves it flat.

I just love how clean and nice this makes my hair. I paid under $5 for my bottle on sale. I am going to buy it again for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

I remember this from the 90s, and was in the mood for the lovely banana scent. It smells so good! Unfortunately the shampoo is hard to spread through the hair and doesn't lather very well, and the conditioner gives very little slip or moisture. I ignored the bad reviews, hoping that since my hair is fine with oiler roots, it would work for me. But after it's dry, my hair feels very dry and matted, and a bit tangled. This might be good for oiler hair types who are avoiding silicones or heavy ingredients. I do prefer some light silicones for the slip. Overall, a great smelling shampoo & conditioner combo, but expensive & drying on my hair. The shampoo is, however, better on my hair than the conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of the results this shampoo and conditioner gave me. I feel like it did nothing to my hair to give it body or life - didn't even make my hair feel softer. I enjoy the smell but it doesn't seem to work with my body chemistry. Meh...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by juliaday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have dry-ish, very curly hair with a very dry, sensitive, dermatitis-affected scalp. I was excited to try this shampoo because I usually like Body Shop products and I loved the scent and high banana content, as I'd heard banana is nice and hydrating for dry, irritated scalps. I had read the (mixed) reviews here and chose to ignore the ones that found it drying and listen to the rave reviews, bearing in mind it was a cult product brought back from the 90's...

Well it should stay in the 90's. I HATED it. It completely stripped my hair and turned me into a frizzy mess, and after about a week and a half (I don't wash my hair every day, only every other day so that's only a few washes) I had to stop using it because it flared up my dermatitis so badly that I was noticeably flaking, too. I had to put oil all over my scalp and hair (incidentally the Body Shop's coconut hair oil, which I really like) for an hour before shampooing for the next two or three washes just to calm it down and get my hair back to normal.

I can't answer for other hair types, but if you have in any way dry hair or a sensitive scalp, STAY AWAY from this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The main reason I was attracted to this product was because of the scent. It smells like a bunch of bananas! It resembles what I think synthetic bananas would smell like, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it in my shower time.
Other than smelling great, the product itself was OK. It was a decent shampoo and didn't strip my hair. It conditioned my slightly damaged hair well. However, my biggest peeve with this shampoo was that I felt like it was a bit too moisturizing. My scalp would begin to look oily after the 2nd day. On the 3rd day, I definitely needed to wash my hair again. From my experience, if you're someone who has a moderately dry scalp then I would suggest you try this.
The price isn't too bad for this product. You can get it to work out to $4 when they have one of their usual sales - either 50% off or BOGO deals.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mariangelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doen't offer any hydration or treatment to my hair. It's a normal shampoo with nothing special about it except a nice fruity scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by JennaferSmall

I HATE this product! It is cheap crap not worth a penny, so paying any price for it is too much. I have never had problems with my scalp, except from the odd manageable bout of product build up, but after using this my scalp erupted with flakes and scabs, and it's only now, after splashing out on Aveda shampoo that I've managed to sort it out. It made my hair soft, but so soft that it was wispy and was a nightmare to style. Horrid, horrid product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is great for leaving your hair squeaky clean, shiny, and soft. I love the fact that it's made from natural ingredients. I love the smell too; it's a strong banana smell but not over powering. This shampoo lathers easily and lasts me usually about a month or more. I prefer using it with the matching conditioner however, because it can sometimes leave your hair feeling a bit dry without. Also, without using the conditioner, wet hair can be difficult to comb through. It is a bit pricy for the amount of product but the body shop is is slightly more expensive. Overall though, I do like this product. I have repurchased it in the past and plan to again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

It's one of my favs. I have wavy, rather thick black hair as I am Indian. I find it makes my hair look shiny, glossy and just as good as Frederick's Olive Oil which I cannot afford right now, so I really like it. I have stocked up on two bottles. I use it on my body as well sometimes. It's sooo yummy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by thechain

Nom nom nom!
This shampoo smells delicious!
To me, the texture is pretty standard for shampoo- but creamier.

It hydrates and de-tangles hair beautifully.
Even my damaged hair looks glossy after using this product.