NARS Turkish Delight

3.7

This is one of those must have cult classic glosses and actually my first NARS gloss. However, I have to agree with MUAsAlbino. This product is an expensive light pink gloss that can be found pretty much anywhere.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Turkish Delight is a terribly overhyped lipgloss thanks to morons like Kim Kardashian in the beauty world. The shade is really nothing unique, so if that's the reason you're shelling out $$$ for this - don't. There are plenty of drugstore dupes. Turkish Delight is simply a milky light pink.

NARs formula is nothing special, either. This gloss is sheer and the color just sits on top of my lips, pooling into my lip lines. I will give it credit for being moisturizing, although the lasting power sucks. I am naturally extremely pale. So if Turkish Delight was way too pale and white based for me, I can't imagine how awful it must look on others. It gives me that dreaded chalky corpse look.

I will never repurchase. To be honest I should probably just toss the one already in my collection because I'm never going to touch it.

A little on the light side but great with a natural pencil underneath. If your lips are even the teeniest bit dry, this will look so bad. Lovely for the summer. Really pretty.

I am not a lip gloss person but I always wanted to try Turkish Delight due to the cult status. I purchased TD about 9 months ago and have used half of the tube.

PROS:
-I love the colour. I have pigmented lips and it starts sheer and can't be seen on my lips but can be built up. I especially love to add TD over the top of other lip sticks (usually in the middle of the lips) to add extra dimension or lighten the colour.
-I like the formulation. It wears like a typical gloss, coming off on things your lips touch, but it isn't sticky or goopy.

I am an NC20 with pink, pigmented lips. I tried this lipgloss after learning it is one used frequently by Kim Kardashian. However, when I tried it, the colour was too pale and milky for my skin. It washed me out and made me look like a corpse. Chihuahua was a much better alternative and is a colour I would recommend for those with more pigmented lips. I did not buy this product and would not recommend to girls with warm colouring and pigmented lips.

I love the Nars lipgloss, but I preferred it prior to reformulation. Textures have thinned down, therefore the wearing time has also decreased. The color is milky, lovely, baby pale pink. Yes, it's a lovely color, no it does not last. Yes, you will be reapplying often. No, it is impossible to look cakey.

However, those with fine lines in lips, I would be concerned as it does sink into those liplines.
The chemical/rubbery scent is gone, as is the taste. It is virtually scentless and tasteless, which is good. But not worth it for the reformulation in my genuine opinion.

Very flattering colour, works on everyone I've seen. A little product goes a long way, and it's a nice wand that doesn't unscrew in your messy purse. It makes lips look fantastic. Like, bottled Victoria secret lips. Problems are expected of a gloss: it doesn't stay on long.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Just beautiful color and I don't mind the smell although I know it does bother some. NARS packaging is in my top 3 of any makeup brand. The only con is the price that's why I make sure to not be careless with this product and lose it lol!

I love love love this lipgloss but it really does have its pros and cons.
Pros: beautiful colour, long lasting, applies easily, flattering
Cons: Smells really weird, very sticky, very expensive

I'll always be a big fan of this lipgloss and i've yet to find an alternative so for now I will always be a repurchaser but I am on the hunt for a dupe!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've always wanted to try this gloss because the color looked right up my alley, but I had heard mixed reviews about the formula. Well once Nars reformulated their lip glosses, I was sold. This is a beautiful milky pink. It's a very smooth, non sticky gloss with zero scent and it lasts pretty well. Sometimes it does wear off a little wonky and will leave that gross film on your lips or in the corners, but that's usually only if my lips are super dry. Other than that it's a beautiful gloss and has quickly become a staple in my purse!

Recommended for Medium Skin