Marcelle Silky Finish Face Powder

4.6

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a good powder for touch-ups or to set your makeup with a fluffy brush. Fragrance-free, soft, disappears into the skin, absorbs oil. I like that there's a separate compartment for the pad and mirror.

I mostly just blend the four colors together so there's not much point in having the four colors for me. They all look the same once applied anyway; if I used just one shade (e.g. the lightest shade under my eyes), it looked the same as if I had used any other shade. I'd just as soon have just one shade in the pan, I think having four is a bit gimmicky.

What irks me about the product is the packaging, which is a bit too clunky and doesn't fit in an evening bag very well (and you definitely want to have your compact if you're going somewhere where you need an evening bag!), and the way the four colours are raised up with little "valleys" (for lack of a better term) in between. They COULD be flat in the pan, but no, they're raised up. So you can't rub the sponge smoothly over the product. This situation doesn't even improve as it wears down because the "valleys" are so deep. So you have to really rub the sponge back and forth to pick up an even amount of product on the sponge. This isn't a problem at all when you're using a brush, but I don't want to carry a brush on the go especially if my compact barely fits in my evening bag.

I found these issues really annoying so I'll be looking for a product with a better design. If you plan on only using your pressed powder with a brush, and if you don't carry small bags, then go for it.

on 4/23/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it so much. Great coverage and it feels AMAZING on my skin. Absords my oil pretty well, but I do tend to get oily if I don't wear a mattifying primer.

on 11/20/2006 7:55:00 PM

I have this in translucent Medium, it goes on soft and silky with my quo powder brush, has no smell, gives nice soft coverage, and had some very subtle iridescent shimmer. Best loose powder i've used. Only paid $8 Can for it too!

on 8/1/2006 4:30:00 PM

This is really silky. I got the trensclucent medium for $8.999 (sale price?) at Shoppers' Drug Mart. This minimizes pore size and relatively stays put even when you sweat. I can just go with a liquid or cream blush and apply this and look polished. I apply this with a big powder puff and then buff, buff, buff it with my Jane Iredale handi brush. I find this better, in appearance and staying power,than my YSL and Estee Lauder ultraluscent powder. This comes in light, medium and dark. As long as any of the shades suits your skintone, this is really an excellent buy. EDIT: If you're on a budget, certainly go for this one. But I've seen bought Cledepeau loose powder, a very expensive one, and, I think, my search is over for the perfect loose powder.

on 4/30/2005 4:32:00 PM

You Canadians are lucky, lucky gals to have this. This is FANTASTIC powder,for this or any other price. If you are oily, though, it can be a little shiny. But the texture is like silk and the tad bit of shininess helps diffuse lines and flaws. I forgot I had this and bought some LeClerc a while back. Honestly, I like this just as much, if not a wee bit better, than my LeClerc. And I loooooove LeClerc! If you are Canadian, you need to go buy this now. Now!

on 6/1/2004 1:44:00 PM

Silky as silk my friends. It goes on smooth and you can't even notice it. It is smell free, so it is even better. And if that was not enough... it lasts forever!!!!

on 2/6/2004 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I could not agree more! I love this stuff! I have it in translucent dark, which is a good color for darker, olive skinned people. I had transluced medium before (which I found in cleareance for $2) and it was waaaaay too peachey in color, but i thought for that price i'd give it a try! even though the translucent medium was a wrong color for me, i noticed how nice, soft and silky the powder was. I did not use this color too much, and it sat in my drawer for a couple of years. I found the translucent medium at a drug store (Pharmasave), it retails for $8, and I'm very very happy I purchased it. The color match is perfect, it seems to adapt very well to olive complexions. The quality is comparable, if not better than Clinique's Blended face powder, even though the container is not as nice. This is a loose powder. I will defenately repurchase. My HG in loose powders.

on 12/29/2003 10:23:00 PM

I'm on my fourth tin of this, I think. This is the smaller container than the regular face powder. The Silky Finish has a much sheerer and more natural coverage than the regular - it never looks chalky and is very smooth. I use Translucent Fair; many of the other colours seem to have really pink tones so choose carefully. It's a bit more expensive than the regular powder but is definitely worth it, since the quality is like night and day. I've used the regular powder but for daily use the Silky Finish is far more beautiful.