July 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Powders - Marcelle - Silky Finish Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

I have this in translucent Medium, it goes on soft and silky with my quo powder brush, has no smell, gives nice soft coverage, and had some very subtle iridescent shimmer. Best loose powder i've used. Only paid $8 Can for it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2006 4:30:00 PM More reviews by saver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really silky. I got the trensclucent medium for $8.999 (sale price?) at Shoppers' Drug Mart. This minimizes pore size and relatively stays put even when you sweat. I can just go with a liquid or cream blush and apply this and look polished. I apply this with a big powder puff and then buff, buff, buff it with my Jane Iredale handi brush. I find this better, in appearance and staying power,than my YSL and Estee Lauder ultraluscent powder. This comes in light, medium and dark. As long as any of the shades suits your skintone, this is really an excellent buy. EDIT: If you're on a budget, certainly go for this one. But I've seen bought Cledepeau loose powder, a very expensive one, and, I think, my search is over for the perfect loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Hellykitto

You Canadians are lucky, lucky gals to have this. This is FANTASTIC powder,for this or any other price. If you are oily, though, it can be a little shiny. But the texture is like silk and the tad bit of shininess helps diffuse lines and flaws. I forgot I had this and bought some LeClerc a while back. Honestly, I like this just as much, if not a wee bit better, than my LeClerc. And I loooooove LeClerc! If you are Canadian, you need to go buy this now. Now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kafkamom

Silky as silk my friends. It goes on smooth and you can't even notice it. It is smell free, so it is even better. And if that was not enough... it lasts forever!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Livia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could not agree more! I love this stuff! I have it in translucent dark, which is a good color for darker, olive skinned people. I had transluced medium before (which I found in cleareance for $2) and it was waaaaay too peachey in color, but i thought for that price i'd give it a try! even though the translucent medium was a wrong color for me, i noticed how nice, soft and silky the powder was. I did not use this color too much, and it sat in my drawer for a couple of years. I found the translucent medium at a drug store (Pharmasave), it retails for $8, and I'm very very happy I purchased it. The color match is perfect, it seems to adapt very well to olive complexions. The quality is comparable, if not better than Clinique's Blended face powder, even though the container is not as nice. This is a loose powder. I will defenately repurchase. My HG in loose powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 10:23:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my fourth tin of this, I think. This is the smaller container than the regular face powder. The Silky Finish has a much sheerer and more natural coverage than the regular - it never looks chalky and is very smooth. I use Translucent Fair; many of the other colours seem to have really pink tones so choose carefully. It's a bit more expensive than the regular powder but is definitely worth it, since the quality is like night and day. I've used the regular powder but for daily use the Silky Finish is far more beautiful.