August 23, 2014 | 1038 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Cafe Au Lait 3-in-1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

This smells so yummy! It has a mild coffee-scent with a hint of caramel. It smells so delicious and it's smooth and creamy. I love that the recipe of a cafe au lait is on the front of the package. My only problem is that I don't feel very refreshed when using it, it's almost too indulgent.. Even though it's a great scent I want to try a different one next time!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by wendirr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the least-scented Philosophy 3-in-1 that I have ever tried. I was looking for a very "coffee" smell and this is definitely not it. In fact, it has such a faint scent that I really couldn't tell you what it smells of. It's not that it smells bad or offensive, it just doesn't smell much of anything at all. The only reason I gave it an overall rating of 2 is because, like all Philosopy 3-in-1s, it gives lots of creamy lather with just a small amount of product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kawright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was very disappointing for what it cost. While it smells good and has a very strong scent in the shower, the scent lingers longer in your bathroom than it does on your skin. The scent is also more caramel than cafe au lait...sort of like caramel coffee creamer. It also dried out my skin a little and left me with some flaky patches on my arms and legs. I never used it on my hair, but if it was drying to my skin I can't imagine what it would do to the hair. Unless you have oily skin and absolutely can't resist the scent, pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is another one of my favorites along with White Chocolate Hazelnut and most of the other chocolate scents. I have a weakenss for Philosophy chocolatey scents. I have yet to meet one that I don't like.
This is a very sweet, mocha chocolate scent and very comforting. I plan to buy another.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by cyncord4

This was my first Philosphy scent, partially cause my husband loved the smell so much. I didn't say WOW like some of the otheres we smelled, but I humored him. I like how you can smell it AMAZINGLY in the shower and this definately satisfies some cravings for coffee without the actualy coffee, but I'm starting to get a little sick of the smell and now i have this HUGE 16oz bottle that I have to get rid of somehow. I like the other scents of Philosphy, but I think this one was a little off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first Philosophy 3 in 1, and it's going to be my last. I loved the coffee smell in the store, but when I got it in the shower, I got nothing unless I held the product directly under my nose. Needless to say there is no scent lingering when I get out of the shower either, which is part of why I wanted this so much. I would never use this as a shampoo, so I don't know how it would be for hair. I did however try it was a bubble bath-- I got NO bubbles and of course NO SCENT. I shave my legs and arms with extra virgin olive oil, and oddly this was good for getting the excess residue off of my skin, but it's no reason to pay $16 for a glorified, unscented gel that is supposed to be scented. It's hard to find coffee-scented bath and body items, and I can't begin to express my disappointment in this. If holding your nose over a bottle to get your scent kicks is your bag this might be OK, but you're better off without this junk.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

Another Ew! It doesn't smell like coffee at all.. I was sad because I was so excited about trying this one. Only to my disappointment, it smells like cheap chocolates... Like cheap caramel chocolates all mixed together in a bag... I also wouldn't recommend it as a shampoo though because it really dried out my hair... and if I used conditioner after I used it as a shampoo, the smell would be gone from my hair anyway... So this is only good as a shower gel.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

I agree with the reviewer who said this is the worst Philosophy 3-in-1 I've ever tried. Really bad. Doesn't smell like much of anything to me. Very blah!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

My mother bought me this 3-in-1 because I am a huge coffee drinker. This doesn't really smell like coffee to me though. It smells more chocolately than anything. I wouldn't say this is unpleasant at all, but it just doesn't smell like it is supposed to. I was kind of disappointed in it. Wouldn't recommend this one. There are too many other great scents by Philosophy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a huge coffee girl, but to me, this smells like coffee with one of those flavored nondairy creamers in it. Not a true coffee and milk scent like I was hoping for at all!