April 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Shampoo - Nature's Gate - Herbal Hair Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best smelling shampoo around. Bought Aveda's Shampure because people said it had a smell similar to this... No! Nothing can compare to this stuff. It's sweet, spicy, and earthy. Every time I use it I will catch a whiff of it in my hair throughout the day. I'm a picky hair girl and have just purchased my 3rd bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've tried all but a couple of Nature's Gate shampoos from this line. The HERBAL one is the most gentle of all of them. It does not dry my hair out. The scent is that of incense. I do like this shampoo a lot and I have repurchased it a few times within the past 6 months. I go back to it after I try a different scent/formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

this is one of my favorite 'natural' shampoos I've tried so far. Yes, the scent is a very heavy herbal one, but that's what i like about it. i've found that other natural shampoos lack the fragrance (obviously) and my hair can end up smelling a bit off by the end of the day. But with this one, my hair smells clean and herbal-ly all day.

I also have very normal hair, so the formulation of this does not make my hair frizzy, dry or unmanageable. but I can tolerate a lot when it comes to hair products.

overall - great product and have repurchased a few times already.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of some of the Nature's Gate shampoos, but this is not one of them. The only reason really being the fragrance which seems almost medicinal. It could be the best shampoo in the world but the fragrance is too strong for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by addicar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unlike many of the reviews on here, I wouldn't call this shampoo a "miracle-shampoo". That said, my hair is fairly manageable and most shampoos work reasonably well, so I usually have the same amount of success across the board.

I try to wash my hair everyday, which is usually a necessity regardless because my hair is naturally rather oily, and the scent of this particular shampoo can be a bit overpowering if used so often. But I am happy to overcome that small complaint on the basis that this does really clean my hair. Furthermore, it does so without parabens, sulfates, or butylene glycol, which is perfect for anyone trying to limit the amount of toxins in their personal care supplies. And it is really a good value, which can be sometimes hard to find with "organic" lines. This is one shampoo though that I must use with a conditioner... which isn't all that surprising personally, because my hair is long and tangles readily.

Overall, I recommend this product, but if you are particularly sensitive to strong perfumes, I would advise you to look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

This is tied with one other shampoo to be my Holy Grail shampoo.
Hair: fine, flat, letting color grow out, greasy roots, dry ends.
For years I have been looking for a shampoo that just cleaned my hair. Impossible to find. They all volumize, smooth, moisturize, clarify, ect. Well I FINALLY found a shampoo that just cleaned my hair and nothing else! Ive been using it everyday for 2 weeks. It seems weird but my super slow growing hair actually grew a noticeable amount since using this shampoo! It doesn't lather, like at all, but it cleans really well without over drying. And I'm an everyday washer. I do have to use conditioner after because it tends to leave little wisps of hair frizzy. I haven't tried the matching conditioner because I use Pureology hydra light conditioner. Ive tried other organic shampoos which left my hair super greasy and gross. I was afraid to try this one but it was on clearance for $6 so I gave it a try. So glad I did!!! The only con is the smell. I hate, hate, hate the smell! It reminds me of nuetragena antiresidue shampoo. Like a medicine smell. And it stays in my hair all day. But I'm willing to walk around with a clothes pin on my nose to have awesome hair!
UPDATE: I was cleaning out my bathroom cabinets to donate all the shampoos that I bought and didn't like (I donate every 3 months) and found this bottle hidden in the back. I instantly remembered how healthy my hair looked when I used it. I jumped in the shower immediately and washed my hair with this miracle shampoo. Dried my hair and was so unbelievably happy with the results! Why did I ever stop using this to stray to other shampoos? Will always have this in my stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by diane617

This is a great shampoo from a great brand. I have used a lot of their products and they always smell amazing and leave my hair feeling great. I think the price is super reasonable as well. I would definitely recommend this product as well as their aloe vera shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine, abundant slightly wavy, virgin hair. I have been suffering with dry, itchy, scalp for years. I mean a red-hot itch and lots of flaking. Conditioners without dimethicone helped a little. But the flakes and itch would be back within 24 hours. I ditched conditioners with dimethicone years ago. Three days ago I picked up this shampoo out of sheer desperation. My itchy scalp and flakes on my primarily black wardrobe was driving me crazy. I decided to give a sulfate-free shampoo a try. I love the earthy cola fragrance. I was stunned at how a little goes a long way. Lots of suds and rinses completely clean. I didn't even need conditioner. My hair is full of body, bounce, and shine. Not only that, NO itch. NO flakes! My whole family tried it and they too are happy with this shampoo. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been reformulated several times since I started using it in the late 1990s. Originally, it was a clear green liquid in a clear bottle - it was all-natural, and very gentle. Then the packaging changed to a white opaque bottle, and the shampoo went from clear green to clear yellowish, and Sodium lauryl sulfate was added to the ingredients. I don't use sulfates, so I stopped using it at that point. Now, more recently, the shampoo was reformulated once again to be sulfate-free. I guess there was a lot of customer backlash when they added the SLS.
I was happy to see that the shampoo is sulfate-free once again, so I picked up a bottle the other day at Whole Foods, along with the matching conditioner. This is a nostalgia product for me, mainly due to the smell, which thankfully hasn't changed through all the reformulations. The smell is very strong and it really lingers on your hair. It's an earthy smell, woodsy and warm, rather unusual for a shampoo. The smell is sentimental for me and takes me back to my college years.
As for the product performance, it's a garden-variety "natural" shampoo, not too exceptional among the other Whole Foods offerings, except for the smell. It makes my hair feel like I washed it with dish soap, and it builds up over time. I find this to be true of most sulfate-free shampoo, though - Mastey and DermOrganic being the exceptions. I have long, fine, wavy, color treated hair. This definitely should be used along with its companion conditioner. The conditioner has the same smell, but even stronger! The conditioner seems to have remained mostly the same while the shampoo got reformulated, except the conditioner seems slightly less gloopy. I need to use a LOT of the conditioner in order to achieve the detangling and moisturizing that my hair needs. Also, I do a really half-hearted job rinsing it out, so that a little conditioner remains on my hair, or else I can't even get a comb through it. These products are really average in terms of the results I get. I keep buying them because of the smell and the nostalgia factor. Also, they're cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by indierocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thick, natural black wavy hair.

I have never been a fan of hair products but this one is totally worth raving about.

Its genetic in my family both my mum and dads side to have very healthy and gorgeous looking hair.

But as I grew up and let my hair grow people were wondering where did i come from? My grandmothers,grandfathers,mum,dad and sisters all have beautiful brown, straight and thin hair. So we were quite curious.

But this has made my hair the most natural it has ever been I dont like washes that make my hair straight or wavy i want something that would make it natural. To be honest I have never brushed my hair even if my parents dismay and tell me too. I dont feel the need to.

Basically ever since i wanted to go natural I stopped using chemical based products like herbal essences or pantene.

So I tried various baby shampoos and they were wonderful but it just dint feel like my scalp was refreshed.

My mum had used this brand before and enjoyed it.
So I gave it a try myself and enjoyed it a lot. My hair looks and feels natural.

and my friends have always said they like my hair and wish they could have it but now they LOVE IT and say that THEY WOULD KILL FOR IT.
So if you want a more natural look than go with this.
so go natural i dont suggest using hot tools either or any other product.

It cleanses my hair, makes me feel refreshed with its wonderful natural herbal scent and it makes my hair beautiful!

great product!