September 23, 2014 | 1145 users online

Shampoo - Nature's Gate - Herbal Hair Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I just started using this. I have used the same two shampoo's for over 10 years, hard to believe I know lol. If something works I stick with it. I still use Giovanni's 50/50 shampoo once a week for a deep cleaning..this removes cones/build up, great shampoo. My other natural daily shampoo after all these years has changed it's ingredients..sucks! I tried two others, hated them, this was my 3rd buy, and so far I am really liking this..

It lathers very well, cleans well and my hair is super shiny using this..the smell is strong which I kinda liked until I noticed it said "fragrance" on the bottle..meaning who knows what's really in this..Will update.

9-2014 - I have used this for a few months now, love it! I mix a litle bit of Giovanni 50/50 for extra cleaning..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by janne1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on the quest for the new natural shampoo and this looked promising. Unfortunately right after I've used it for the first time my head felt really itchy and tingly, not in a good way. I think something in this shampoo I am allergic to, however usually I am not that sensitive to shampoos. I did not like the scent either it seemed a bit too strong for me. The shampoo was not lathering much (which I expected ) but it seemed to clean the hair fine and the hair seemed to be OK after it. However the itchiness it gave and the scent is a big NO NO. After feeling itchy for an 1 hour after washing the hair I went and rewashed the hair using simple Dove soap bar just to get the shampoo away and the itchiness is gone (mostly). Too bad it did not work for me, I can totally see it working for other people who is not allergic to one of the components in this shampoo. Luckily I could return it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I am so jealous of everyone who loves this shampoo and conditioner set. The shampoo cleaned thoroughly and hubby and I actually really like the scent.

The love ends there though. Somehow this aggravated my scalp really intensely. If I washed my hair daily, it does not get too itchy. However, when I leave it for two days, I get the most excruciating itchy scalp I have ever experienced. It was so bad that my scalp felt raw and painful. It was the first time I was worried about scalp issues in a severe manner. So unfortunately I had to stop using this.

I guess, if I do wash my hair every single day, then I would avoid the painful scalp problems, but I don't like the consequences if I don't. I am giving it an extra lippie because it seems to work really well for everyone else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best smelling shampoo around. Bought Aveda's Shampure because people said it had a smell similar to this... No! Nothing can compare to this stuff. It's sweet, spicy, and earthy. Every time I use it I will catch a whiff of it in my hair throughout the day. I'm a picky hair girl and have just purchased my 3rd bottle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've tried all but a couple of Nature's Gate shampoos from this line. The HERBAL one is the most gentle of all of them. It does not dry my hair out. The scent is that of incense. I do like this shampoo a lot and I have repurchased it a few times within the past 6 months. I go back to it after I try a different scent/formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

this is one of my favorite 'natural' shampoos I've tried so far. Yes, the scent is a very heavy herbal one, but that's what i like about it. i've found that other natural shampoos lack the fragrance (obviously) and my hair can end up smelling a bit off by the end of the day. But with this one, my hair smells clean and herbal-ly all day.

I also have very normal hair, so the formulation of this does not make my hair frizzy, dry or unmanageable. but I can tolerate a lot when it comes to hair products.

overall - great product and have repurchased a few times already.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of some of the Nature's Gate shampoos, but this is not one of them. The only reason really being the fragrance which seems almost medicinal. It could be the best shampoo in the world but the fragrance is too strong for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by addicar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unlike many of the reviews on here, I wouldn't call this shampoo a "miracle-shampoo". That said, my hair is fairly manageable and most shampoos work reasonably well, so I usually have the same amount of success across the board.

I try to wash my hair everyday, which is usually a necessity regardless because my hair is naturally rather oily, and the scent of this particular shampoo can be a bit overpowering if used so often. But I am happy to overcome that small complaint on the basis that this does really clean my hair. Furthermore, it does so without parabens, sulfates, or butylene glycol, which is perfect for anyone trying to limit the amount of toxins in their personal care supplies. And it is really a good value, which can be sometimes hard to find with "organic" lines. This is one shampoo though that I must use with a conditioner... which isn't all that surprising personally, because my hair is long and tangles readily.

Overall, I recommend this product, but if you are particularly sensitive to strong perfumes, I would advise you to look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

This is tied with one other shampoo to be my Holy Grail shampoo.
Hair: fine, flat, letting color grow out, greasy roots, dry ends.
For years I have been looking for a shampoo that just cleaned my hair. Impossible to find. They all volumize, smooth, moisturize, clarify, ect. Well I FINALLY found a shampoo that just cleaned my hair and nothing else! Ive been using it everyday for 2 weeks. It seems weird but my super slow growing hair actually grew a noticeable amount since using this shampoo! It doesn't lather, like at all, but it cleans really well without over drying. And I'm an everyday washer. I do have to use conditioner after because it tends to leave little wisps of hair frizzy. I haven't tried the matching conditioner because I use Pureology hydra light conditioner. Ive tried other organic shampoos which left my hair super greasy and gross. I was afraid to try this one but it was on clearance for $6 so I gave it a try. So glad I did!!! The only con is the smell. I hate, hate, hate the smell! It reminds me of nuetragena antiresidue shampoo. Like a medicine smell. And it stays in my hair all day. But I'm willing to walk around with a clothes pin on my nose to have awesome hair!
UPDATE: I was cleaning out my bathroom cabinets to donate all the shampoos that I bought and didn't like (I donate every 3 months) and found this bottle hidden in the back. I instantly remembered how healthy my hair looked when I used it. I jumped in the shower immediately and washed my hair with this miracle shampoo. Dried my hair and was so unbelievably happy with the results! Why did I ever stop using this to stray to other shampoos? Will always have this in my stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by diane617

This is a great shampoo from a great brand. I have used a lot of their products and they always smell amazing and leave my hair feeling great. I think the price is super reasonable as well. I would definitely recommend this product as well as their aloe vera shampoo.