November 24, 2014 | 1013 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Marasdoe51

Beautiful and natural looking are the best two words to describe this foundation. The pigmentation is wonderful I have Rosacea and it covers all my redness. Also a little bit defiantly goes a long way.. However, it can oxidize and later give an orange tint, (These are jsut personal experiences of mine and with certain brushes it can get a little cakey. I found that it works best with just using your fingers. This is for right now my favorite drugstore foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie. I am always looking for the next best thing, because I am never really completely satisfied with all of the foundations I've tried. Estee Lauder DoubleWear is my favorite because I desire a long-wearing foundation that evens my skintone and it does that. Still, I keep looking. Anyway, L'Oreal makes a lot of claims about this product, the main ones being: you WILL find your match and you will be flawless (those are my words, although they basically state it another way). With 33 or so shades to choose from, spread across 3 different skin undertones, one would think that there would be no way that you don't find a match. Yet and still, when watching various YouTube reviews on this foundation I came across more than one where the reviewer stated that the color closest to her complexion was still "slightly off" or, in the case of some women of color reviewers, they had to mix colors to find an acceptable shade. I personally refuse to mix anything to suit me, either it's going to work as formulated or it's a no-go. Anyway, I'm typically MAC NC44 (fall/winter/spring)/NW43 (summer) so I grabbed W7 in this. My general impression is that it's not a bad foundation at all, and I'm sure that many will find it to work really well for them. It is pretty thin, but offers light to medium buildable coverage. I tend to get dry on certain areas of my face in the colder months and I find that I have to moisturize really well before wearing this (or any) liquid foundation because those dry areas tend to be emphasized by foundation. I did not have oxidation problems, nor did it transfer onto clothing. Then again, I am wearing it in these colder months and can't yet testify to what it will do once it gets warm out. Overall, it is a decent foundation, especially for a drugstore brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Dramos620

I am very picking!! I tried different foundation out in the market, from drug stores to high end. I have sensitive skin n my skin reacts very quickly to a product that r going to break me out. I want a full coverage without looking Carey or fake. So using my Armani which is gorgeous but I need a everyday foundation for work because Armani is pricey... I used Mac studio finish liquid it broke me out n I hated it. I went to try loreal tru match in w6!! WTH is the hype about!!! I couldn't stand it!!! I rather stick to my Covergirl 3-1.. Way better in my opinion. I gave Mac studio fluid another try in nyc 30. OMG IM IN LOVE!!! Full coverage but I use a beauty blender, what a beautiful coverage. This is now by holy grail...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by AngelaLOVE123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was just okay for me. It looks great at first, but I feel like after several hours it just fades off. I do use a primer and setting powder, but it just doesn't last and doesn't look right. It is also a watery texture, and I hate that it doesn't have a pump. I could see this working for some people (lots of color options!), but it just wasn't that amazing. I'm just mixing this with other foundations to use it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by sashacolewood

This product. Where do I even begin.
Everything that could have gone wrong with this foundation, did for me. I have oily porous skin.
1. This foundation was straight up greasy at first application
2. It oxidized instantly and DID NOT match my yellow tone skin. As soon as it oxidized, even the yellowest shade turned pink.
3. The staying power is ridiculous in my opinion.
4. Emphasized my pores, blemished, everything!!

Overall, the worst foundation I have tried, and is not worth its price, although its not as expensive as some other products.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by xKatAB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because I heard so many great reviews about it. I was extremely disappointed in it to say the least. I bought it in W4, which to begin with isn't even warm toned, so it didn't even match properly, so I made do and blended it and bronzed and highlighted enough that it didn't matter because it wasn't THAT off. And also to my disappointment people said it was full coverage, but this is a very light coverage and that isn't what I'm looking for in a foundation at all. So on top of my crappy start to that, I wore it for maybe an hour and even with my primer and setting powder and setting spray it became SUPER oily and if I wore it for 5 or more hours my face literally looked like I had just gotten out of the shower and was wet. When I blotted my face with blotting papers, the foundation would come off with it and I would end up with a blotchy face. If I used a powder it would streak, and actually my blush/bronzer/highlighter would streak anyways without me touching my face and it would show the bare skin under and I would have gross streaks of bare skin in the middle of a blushed cheek and it was so unattractive. I don't know if it wore off, or reacted badly with every makeup choice I had in my drawer and caused it to oxidize or what but I've never had a foundation do that before in all the foundations I've ever tried. I thought since there were so many good reviews about it that maybe I just had a bad batch so I bought it a second time and it was still just as bad. I'm never buying this again. It was a waste of money, even for the low price that it is. You probably couldn't pay me to wear this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by kiyoshi001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a gift from my mom and she got me 3 bottles all in the wrong tone. I'm am NC in MAC and she got this in cool which is kinda red or pinkish after a few hours I look red. So I have 3 bottles and nothing to do with em. What a waste just glad I didn't pay for them. But the product blends so wonderfully well. I have the powder to and together they are great minus the redness. However it does absolutely nothing to control oil after 2 hours maybe less my nose gets super oily it's embarrassing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by thesojourner

I have tried soooo many foundations over the years. High end, mid-range, low-end, expensive, cheap, middle-of-the-road, dept. store brands, drug store brands, etc. It gets tiring, and expensive. And every time, I always come back L'Oreal True Match. It goes on very nicely, and stays on. They have a color that matches me wonderfully. It does not dry out my skin, nor break me out. It does not settle into fine lines and the coverage is awsome. I can control the coverage - if I want more shear coverage I apply with my beauty buffer, and heavier full coverage I just rub in with my fingers. I have not noticed any 'glitter' effect that some have mentioned.

I have also, unfortunately, recently purchased the L'Oreal Vita Lift that comes in the pump bottle, and I believe it has blue lettering on it, thinking this would be basically similar to the regular True Match, but with some type of 'serum' added that would benefit my skin, since I am getting older. This foundation was a total bust and I do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I love this foundation. In MAC , my shade is NC37.. In the true match line I'm in the colour W5 which matches me perfectly. My recommendation for trying this is know what undertone you are. You will have a hard time finding the right match if you're in the wrong colour range. Consistency is quite thin and runny, but the coverage it gives is amazing. Medium to build-able full coverage for sure. It is extremely long lasting, I set it with powder and a setting spray and it doesn't move. Doesn't crease, doesn't make acne more visible. Evens out the skin tone, so well that sometimes I don't bother using concealer with this. The finish is a little bit dewy, but not enough to make your face shiny (like MAC face & body). As far as price goes, it's really cheap. My only complain is I wish there was pump since sometimes I waste some of the product by pouring out too much. Other than that, it's perfect. My new HG. will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by amberr98

I really like this product, and for most people it works very well. The consistency coverage and everything was so good. The application was smooth and in Australia, we have the pump with this foundation so the packaging was pretty good too. The only downside is that it oxidised on my skin. There was a hint of grey-brown on my skin, it looked weird and i was so upset, i don't think this is the foundation for people with oily skin or for people who find that most foundations oxidize for them. Thought overall, it's great!