L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 5/2/2015 6:25:00 PM

I really, really like this foundation! I have oily/combination skin and I'm acne prone. My #1 foundation is MAC Pro Longwear but I ran out of it while on vacation and ended up buying this on a whim. SO GLAD I DID! I actually find this foundation to be sort of comparable to my MAC one. This foundation I'd say has a medium to full coverage, full being 2 layers or more. I actually like the way this applies much better than Pro Longwear, it feels lighter and definitely more blendable! They both wear almost the same on my skin, but the Loreal finds the smile lines in my face which I barely have and manages to settle into them after 5+ hours of wear.
Overall this foundation is the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried and now I always keep a few bottles of it in different shades to wear throughout the year or to mix in with other foundations to adjust shade or texture. Not a huge fan of the packaging/lack of a pump but it's really not that bad.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation for me is the ultimate multi-purpose foundation and I really, really like it. This is not the best foundation I have ever tried but it is one that I can rely on to make my skin look naturally flawless, no matter what the occasion is. Right now, I am using this as my everyday foundation. I have very, very fair skin and contrary to popular belief, most makeup brands do an incredibly poor job at catering to those with fair skin and this is one of the few lines I have foundation that is an exact match for me- I wear shade N1 Soft Ivory. The foundation comes in a small glass bottle with a spout which isn't ideal but the size of the bottle makes it great for travelling and it doesn't take up much room on my counter. It comes with the standard 1 fluid ounce and I purchased mine at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for $21+ tax. Pricey for a drugstore foundation but not horrible unreasonable. I have combination skin with dry patches and find this works best without a primer, blended into the skin with either a Beauty Blender sponge or the Urban Decay optical blurring brush. I find this method makes the foundation look the most natural while maintaining decent medium coverage. It covers up redness and discolouration but if you have any moderate to sever acne, you will need a concealer. I find this lasts on my skin for about 8 hours with just a small amount of powder under my eyes and my nose so it is perfect for daily wear or for a night out. The foundation also has a very natural, satiny finish and is not overly matte or dewy. Overall I really, really like this foundation. I tend to switch up my foundation every couple of days because I feel different formulations can look better on different days, but I have been using this exclusively for the past few weeks and I feel no desire to change that. I highly recommend this, especially on a budget.

on 4/27/2015 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is literally the only drugstore foundation that makes a shade light enough for me. The color selection is incredible, the foundation is buildable and you can definitely acheive full coverage. It lasts through my 9 hour workshifts with the help of translucent powder and setting spray. I love that it has spf 17. The things I don't like are that it doesn't have a pump, and that if you apply this too close to your eyes they start to water (I'm guessing from the spf). Simply put, it is great if you have a hard time finding your shade, want a fuller coverage that blends in nicely, have a budget, and want fuller coverage with spf. I will repurchase as long as they make it.

on 4/24/2015 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation looks incredible when I first put it on, but it separates like craaazy all over my face after about an hour. It could be because I moisturize about 10 minutes before applying my foundation, but this is the only foundation I've ever tried that separated that much.

on 4/23/2015 12:14:00 AM

This has been my go to foundation since I can remember. Being one with very fair, sensitive, acne-prone skin, I have gone through multiple foundations to find one to suit my very reactive skin and this has been a great fall back for me. Although I still get my flare-ups, some more severe than others, this makeup has helped me keep them at bay (it didnt break me out more than i already had). Cons: For a while I had trouble building a strong coverage until I switched to a Beauty Blender sponge and dabbed it on. Also, this foundation has a tendency to really wear off after a couple hours of wearing it and especially if you skip your primer before. Overall I think this is a decent foundation for what you're paying.

on 4/19/2015 1:50:00 AM

Just a disclaimer that I use Caramel Beige as a contour shade, not as a foundation. I wanted a smaller bottle of foundation to use to contour forehead, cheekbones, and chin, and this foundation works really well as such. I have yellow-toned skin, and this shade works well as a contour. Although there is SPF, as a contour shade, it doesn't whiten at all with flash photography. Blends really well as a contour shade too. You don't need much product at all, but this foundation is slightly runny.

Yet, the bottle is annoying since it's just a simple cap and a lottt of product can pour out at once. Although the bottle is small, it's not the most travel-friendly since it's glass, and I feel the cap might easily fall off if not screwed completely (definitely put in a sealed plastic bag before using to travel).

on 4/17/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

As an oily girl, the most important thing to consider is how long the foundation will last. This one lasts about 3 hours before I start to see oil. That's better than most oil - free foundations. Most foundations don't even last 1 hour on my face and I've tried many from different brands. Overall, it lasts about 6 to 8 hours before I can't stand to have it on my face anymore which is pretty awesome.
When I saw the color selection, I was amazed. I can never find the right shade. It's always too dark, pink, or gray. I am very light with yellowish - olive tone. I got W3 thinking warm means yellow but it isn't yellow enough. At least it doesn't make me pink. I wish W shades were more yellow. So still no match.
Blends so easily and evenly. I just use my fingers. No need for sponges or brushes.
The packaging isn't ideal, although it looks cute. It would be great if there was a pump.
There is no scent or irritation. Great!
The coverage is good also, med to full coverage.
The best thing about this foundation is the price. It's about $12 Canadian. Comparing this to some brands that costed me over $50 with poor lasting power, I would definitely choose this foundation and I would buy again!!!

on 4/16/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay after using this a while, here goes.

I'm an NC25-NC30 in M•A•C. I'm an NC25 in studio fix fluid, C30(yellow olive shade) in studio fix powder and NC30(a tad lighter than the usual NC30s) in Full Coverage.
I am of Asian, Latina and native descent.
I've been told I have more of the yellow/cool coloring because despite being yellow toned I've also got the green/olive tones(which is close to blue on the colorwheel) unlike the more common yellow/golden/peachy tone.
I usually have a tough time with drugstore foundations cause they're too peachy/orange whenever it's supposed to be "warm"

I picked up the shade W4.5 just because it was a fairly medium shade and had a lot more warmth in it compared to W3, W4 and W5
I tried it on and it was too dark, and turned orange on me. I'd say that W4.5 is more for NC35-40 skin with more yellow tones.

I exchanged it the next day for W4. I was skeptical because it looked very neutral/slightly pink on the bottle. It's confusing because their lighter shades in the warm range look a bit neutral and some of the darker shades in the neutral and cool range look quite warm. Then the neutral shades in general look peachy.
Anyway, I used W4 and it looked too light/a bit too neutral but then within like 5-7 minutes it started to warm up and I noticed it didn't look so neutral and looked more yellow toned and nice.
It's just a smidgen too neutral but i can set it with a yellow powder or my studio fix in C30.

For the foundation, I actually really like it.
My skin is quite oily and I feel this keeps me looking semi matte with powder over.
Without powder it looks naturally dewy/glowy.
This is an "oil-free" foundation and probably one of the only ones that don't end up making me look super oily in half an hour.

The texture is watery and very blendable. I said "Oil-free" because it actually has silicone in it which I usually hate because it usually feels greasy on me but this foundation is water based with added silicone whereas the primers and foundations I've used before were fully silicone based.
This gives light-medium coverage.
Using a sponge or fingers will give you light coverage and a beauty blender or stippling brush will give you medium coverage since you're patting it on.

I've used this foundation before back in 08 when I was quite tan and in the shade W7.
I remember taking pics and didn't get flashback. It actually looked amazing before.
Now, I get flashback. I noticed it says it has titanium dioxide in the front.
I'm not sure if it always has but I never had flashback with it before.
So I would have to say that's the only con of this foundation.
Doesn't photograph the best with direct flash photography.
Which is a huge downer cause I love wearing this now. It makes my face look very smooth and perfect yet not heavy looking or feeling.
This has become my all time favorite drugstore foundation all over again.
I don't know why I ditched it in 09.
Maybe because I moved on the more mid-high end foundations?
Probably, but this will always be my fave drugstore one, I've been trying out more high end and low end stuff and this is probably the only one that's yellow toned, not peachy or orange and actually light enough. (Most drugstore ones, ahem; Revlon, Covergirl, Maybelline. Have warm toned stuff but it's too dark making me orange or peach)
From the formula, the color range, and of course the price.
Gotta love it.

on 4/14/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been wanting to review this foundation for the longest time but have never gotten around to it. After two years, I finally have come to my final thoughts:
Pros:
1)Long lasting: I always used to put this foundation on at about 6 am and I didn't talk it off until 8 pm; at the end of the day other products would show no sign on my face but this foundation still provided amazing coverage after 14 hours. Of course it wouldn't look as good as it originally did, but it was still presentable.
2)Colour range: I probably don't need to run anyone by with the colours provided, but I will anyways. The colours are arranged by W-warm, N-neutral and C-cool. Warm is for yellow gals (like myself); cool is for redder folks; and neutral is of you've got a bit of both. Honestly, if your confused about your undertone I would got with the warm varieties. Althought my shade W4 didn't quite match me (it was not yellow enough), it was still better than anything else available at the drugstore.
3)Application: I needed only a dime-sized amount to cover my whole face. With a beauty blender it gave me a flawless, full-coverage finish and with a brush (elf powder brush) it gave me a medium-coverage veil to work upon. It takes a bit of work to blend in, but that doesn't bother me.
4)Price: at about $13-15 CAD this isn't bad. It might be a little too expensive for some, but it lasts a looooong time.
5)Coverage: This can give you a medium-full coverage depending on which tool you use. You can also achieve something more sheer by blending it into your moisture. I have a lot of acne scars on my cheeks that can be difficult to cover; this covered up redness and any discolouration with ease. Most definately look into this if you are looking to cover any hyper pigmentation left behind by acne, scars, birthmarks, etc.

Cons:
1)Smell: It has a very makeup-y scent to it which I know can be irritating to some. It almost smells chalky.
2)Final look: Although the final look wasn't horrible, I DID notice that I accentuated the dry spots near the sides of my mouth. It was difficult to work with this product during winter as I felt like my skin had to be in top shape.
3)Glitter: I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but my foundation contains glitter/shimmer in it. This doesn't work well for me because of my uneven skintone on my cheeks (left behind by acne and dehydration); it really just accentuates it after a few hours.
4)Oxidization: It oxidized on me evvvver so slighty. No a huge deal for me, but I could imagine it would be an issue for fair-skin ladies.
5)PACKAGING: oh my lord. Probably the biggest complaint is the glass, twist-off packaging. Just add a pump. Please. BUT, I could see this type of packaging being beneficial for those who put makeup on others/do some body paint.

Overall: Would I repurchase? Probably. Even after all these cons, this foundation is still on the list of my top 3 drugstore foundations. It provides good coverage, stands through many different temperatures (even on hot days it did not melt off my face). If you are someone looking for a good coverage foundation at a drugstore price, this is for you.

*Note: I have oily skin (in my t-zone) and even though my skin got oily about 4-5 hours in, I found that the foundation still provided coverage/ the foundation did not come off with my blotting sheet.

on 4/14/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation because I read so many great reviews and saw a lot of YouTube videos saying it was a great foundation. And it probably is, but I it isn't the best option for my skin... I have dry skin and this foundation tends to attach to dry patches. If I only apply a thin layer it's okay, but if i try to build it up it just doesn't work, and its such a shame because i bought this foundation because I wanted a fuller coverage one, but I can't build it up. The texture is liquidy and on the skin it feels silky, almost powdery. The great thing about this foundation is obviously the color range, and i finally found a match for my pale skin with the shade n1.

Video Reviews & Tutorials