September 2, 2014 | 1871 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Rhiannonblackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start off saying I love this foundation and it's my go to. But it really bothers me that it doesn't have a pump. It spills all over and to much always comes out of the bottle. I feel like there is a lot of waste and that it's less sanitary to have an unrestricted opening like this.
Otherwise I like how this product works. It's easily medium coverage and defiantly buildable. The texture is good and it has passable shine control. The fact that it has tons of shades is a bonus for me because my face gets a good three shades darker in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by NikoK

This product is one of my holy grail products. After years of searching for a foundation that matched my pale, but warm skin, I finally found what I have been looking for. This foundation looks light and natural, has spf, is oil free, doesn't oxidize and has the nicest finish I've ever had in a foundation. All this being said, I do understand some of the frustrations other reviewers have had with this product. The first time I tried it out, I didn't like it at all. It seemed watery and lacked coverage; it just seemed like a streakier version of my own skin. I decided, since its hard to find any reasonably priced foundations fair enough for my skin tone, that i would experiment with the application of this product and combining it with others. I'm so glad I did. The first thing i noticed it the best thing to do it to apply is in globs to the face where needed, then pat with a sponge. I recommend one of the rip off beauty blenders. Make sure that it has been run under water and rung out, other wise it will soak up the liquid, which isn't good. I also wouldn't advise you to blend with your fingers, which makes the foundation look odd and not settle well. The next thing i recommend, is using a high coverage foundation (such as the Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation) or a good concealer with it. After applying the True Match foundation, apply the higher coverage product on to areas that get red or are oilier than the rest of your face. Also apply this over pimples/under bags etc in small quantities. I found this way i get enough coverage, plus a natural finish that lasts all day. I love this product, and with the right application, I think this is a product that anyone can enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I was on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation that I can wear everyday. I have combination skin and wear makeup (on average) from 5 am- 6 pm.

This glided beautifully on the skin and blended well.. I wear the color nude ivory and it matches my skin well (I wear Nars Sheerglow in Ceylan, YSL Youth Liberator Foundation in BD10 and Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation in O20). It had a bit of shimmer and dries down to an odd blend of dewy matte which works. I get shiny in pretty much most foundations and my skin became shiny about 4 hours later but nothing a little pat of tissue cannot handle. It looked natural all day.

I would have to say it does not last as long as my Shiseido foundation. This one lasts a decent 10 hours (I just apply baby powder over my foundation once and pat occasionally) but 6 hours if am running around. Would repurchase for daily use given the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got pretty severe acne and very oily skin.. Some dryness around pimples from topical creams. This stuff SLIDES OFF YO FACE! I liked how it looked in the morning but when I saw it as few hours later in the mirror I was so embarrassed that I was walking around with an oil slick of a face and no more coverage! No thanks buddy not again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by heatherstanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It's so light on my face and it's great for daytime wear. It is buildable up to medium coverage. There are so many shades to choose from and it's so easy to find the right shade. I would like it even more if it had a pump. This is awesome for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by meghall90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite drug store foundation. What's great about this line is their color selection. It breaks it into Cool, neutral and warm. It makes it a bit easier to find your color match. It is a build able foundation with a bit of a gold shine to it. No glitter at all. It gives you a beautiful healthy light glow to the skin. I would say this is a medium to full coverage foundation. I love to apply this foundation with a makeup sponge. It also has SPF 17 which is always a plus! I've never had any skin irritations with this foundations. Absolutely love!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by CloMaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal True Match foundation was much of a disappointment. Whilst on search for a good foundation, I came across this. With it's speculations of being similar to M.A.C foundations, I spent the £10.99 and gave it a try. Using my Real Techniques expert face brush, I blended the foundation in. I found that it had a very light coverage with a watery consistancy. To get a 'flawless' look, two layers were provided! For my dry skin, this foundation stuck to every patch! The life of this foundation upon the skin is short. It lasts goodly for up to 3 hours before touching up is provided. This product was not worth the money or hype and I will not be repurchasing!!! Ashamed of L'Oreal due to being one of my favourite makeup brands!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lexibebe26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product.
I've only found one thing wrong with it, which is since I have dry skin, mostly in the winter time, it had a tendency to catch onto the dry parts of my face and cake up a little bit in those areas. Other than that, the formula is amazing, they have an incredible colour range, it's easy to blend, has great coverage, which is also still buildable if you need to. I also have extremely sensitive skin, and it didn't break me out at all. It also lasted for a pretty long time- 7 hours at least- and it didn't even feel like I was wearing any foundation. I just wish it came with a pump!! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mlmc

I love this foundation!
It covers up my acne pretty well and is really easy to work with. I have used a beauty blender, fingers and standard foundation brush to apply this and it seems to work with either technique.
A bummer that I accidentally got a neutral undertone instead of the warm undertone but luckily the neutral still works aright with my yellow undertone, although it does look a tad too pale on my skin.
One major downside is that the price. It is pretty expensive in Australia at $32 but I like how it has a pump as opposed to the American version.
Also a little side note. DO NOT WEAR THIS IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON TAKING FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY AT NIGHT. It gives off an almost ghostly white cast due to it containing SPF 17 (although for me it may also be because the foundation is already slightly too light for my skin to begin with)
Other than that, great foundation, highly recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by soella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Nope.

It's one of the least blendable foundations I've ever used. It's overrated.

Pros
- It's cheap

Cons
- Streaky
- Doesn't sit or blend well into the skin
- meh packaging