November 24, 2014 | 1933 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Almost Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

Gross. I found it very orange and it also made me very very itchy! I felt horrible putting it on my skin it felt very heavy and oily and was taking forever to dry into a flaky mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would buy this again if I could but it looks like it was discontinued--nevertheless, I am sure I could purchase it at my CCO or on e-bay if I want to stock up. I think "Almost Concealer" would have been a better name for this because it is really so full in coverage for me, that is what I use it for. This is great to add around the eyes for SPF coverage and for spot coverage on days when I need it. It is really too much coverage for me for all over. It is quite moisturizing, so as it does not stay on my really oily areas without a good primer, which is why it does not give a 5 rating from me. There is no settling in fine lines for me or cakiness. There is a little creasing around the eyes, but not too noticeable.

It is not too pink like many Clinique foundations for me. It lasts about 6-8 hours for me, except on really oily areas. It is easy to remove with standard detergent based cleaner and washcloth or make up wipes. It does not break me out at all, although it is very dewy coverage--I would describe as not matte at all. If you are looking for a foundation that is very moisturing with good SPF, you may like this one. If you like a TM with a lot of coverage, this could be HG for you. If you want a foundation that will go the distance over oily areas, I would check out Even Better with SPF. Clinique is my go to company for foundation, I keep going back to them even after trying the higher end stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by flowerpuppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow, I am powerfully allergic to this! I can't figure out what the offending ingredient is - my skin loves most silicone based products. When I put this on my face, I broke out in large itchy hives within one hour. I've also developed an allergy t lanolin, so just to make sure I wasn't responding to someting else - say, a lipstick, I swatched some Almost Makeup on my arm. Within 5 seconds my whole arm was covered in raised gooseflesh. The color was nice, but it had to go in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by paula04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

oh noooo...the girl at the clinique counter told me this makeup ha been discontinued cos they are bringing out a new tinted moisturiser in april!! better stock up if its ur HG foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have this in 02 Light and it's perfect for my incredibly fair skin. i don't wear makeup very often, only on special occasions, but when i do wear this it looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i needed something that was one up from tinted moist., and one down from foundation. this is perfect. it comes in a tube and is easy to apply with your fingers, and it evens out my skin tone and covers some of my lighter acne scarring. i still have to conceal, which i wish it covered more, but it gives better results than a power foundation. it doesn't feel heavy like a foundation, either, which is what i was looking for. also, unexpectedly, this foundation kept my skin matte for longer!! (with my usual mac matte and mac prep+prime powder) i was so pleasantly surprised!
however, if you love this product, hurry and buy your backups now because when i was purchasing this (1/11/11), the MA at clinique told me it was going to be DISCONTINUED.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by arodwhat

I love this stuff during winter. I almost didn't buy it based on the reviews here, but I am glad that I did. It is my go-to foundation during the day because it's so easy and quick to apply and it evens out my complexion so nicely with a dewy glow. It doesn't highlight any dry spots I might have either. It applies kind of like a tinted moisturizer, but I actually had the Clinique TM and like this product better. I apply a thin layer all over my face and blend it in really quickly, then I use the Almost Powder make up to set it. It is "almost" make up, so if I have any really bad blemishes, I do need to use a spot concealer on top. This foundation stays on my face all day, from 6:30 in the morning until 10 at night. I do need to blot or powder once during the day, but I am really oily so I have to do that with any foundation. I've been using it for a month and no break outs either. As I said, I love this stuff for winter. I don't think I'd even try to use it in the summer because I need something more matte for my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lola817f

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up a sample of this from my clinique counter and really wanted to love it. I bought it in "light" and it matches my skin tone perfectly, and the application is smooth, but after 30 minutes, my face is an oil slick. If you have oily skin, stay far away from this one. Setting it with powder didnt help one bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by loverlyevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation for several months. It's great for providing a sheer layer of coverage, just to even out skin tone, but I found that it doesn't do much for imperfections such as spots and scars. I also found that it caused my skin to break out around my chin and left my face feeling pretty oily by the end of the day. It's a satisfactory product but for how expensive it is I expect more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry/normal skin and i have pretty clear skin. I had been using Mac Face and Body in C3 and liked it but for some reason, by the end of the day, i felt like my skin was looking shiny and dull. I like dewy skin but this was a little too much for me. So i went to sephora and tried this on in Medium. This is peeeeeeeerfect for me!!! The coverage is sheer compared to other foundations but its just right for me. It feels very light and evens out my skin. I read the reviews and people keep saying that its in between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation but this gives me more coverage than the Mac F&B. The finish is not matte but gives a healthy glow without the use of any sheen or shimmer in the foundation. However, if you have darker skin tones, this might not work for you as the color selection is on the light side. Also, the foundation isnt that expensive. It comes with 1.5 fluid ounces compared to the standard 1.0 oz. You are getting 50% more foundation than most other foundations and its 21.00 USD. In my opinion, its a pretty good price and considering that almost all drugstore foundations come with 1 oz and cost around 10-15 $, if you were to buy it in a container with 1.5 oz you would be paying around 15-22$ anyways.
I think that perhaps a lot of the negative reviews people leave for any foundation is because they are using the wrong foundation to begin with. If you have oily skin and you use a dewy foundation, yes you will look greasy at the end of the day, and yes, you wont like it. So overall, awesome product and I recommend it for people that have decent skin and are looking for something thats not full coverage.