September 17, 2014 | 1796 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by MES

Packaging is very nice for a drugstore foundation, airless pump in a glass bottle. It's a little thicker than most liquids and therefore provides a bit more coverage, though it can look a bit heavy. I don't think this is best choice for dry or aging skin, it really magnified my pores and looked downright terrible on my under eye area. This does wear well, and provide a good amount of coverage but it looked terrible on my skin. I moisturized before I applied and blended it well and I just wasn't impressed. The downfall of this wearing well is that it's very hard to wash off. I washed twice with a gentle non foaming cleanser and there was still residue when I used toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Worst foundation ever.
Cakey and leaves streaks on your skin, even when applied with the best brush.

Raise your standards and invest in a more expensive foundation that will do the job 10x better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Mymakeupthoughts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im really enjoying this product !
It gives a beautiful light coverage that does well with the redness around my face.its not cakey at all.It first go on nice and smooth with a little bit of a satiny look and slowly turns matte so i see no reason for me to powder which is always a good thing! My skins been a bit dry lately so this works well with that by not emphasising my dry spots.Overall great product !

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by xmakeuphoarderx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I really wanted to love this foundation. I bought it, the shade matched PERFECTLY and it even had yellow undertones, which is rare for a drugstore foundation (d2, and im an nc42 for reference) and I fell in love with the texture and blendability the SECOND i put it on. It wasn't liquidy, but it spread super easily, and one pump was more than enough for my whole face. This foundation and I were soul mates.

Up until the morning after I used it.

I broke out with cystic acne SO BAD, in places I never got acne before, mainly my cheeks. This was the only new product I added to my routine. My brushes were clean, everything should have been fine. It had to be the foundation. It broke my heart to return it, but something in the ingredients just didn't get along with my skin. It's now been 2 months, and I'm still battling the scars as well as new acne, but that's another story.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by strawberrybonbon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the color, formula, and blendability. I really like a liquid foundation instead of a souffle, stick, powder etc. The problem is the pump. So many reviewers love the pump foundations and seem to dislike the bottled foundation without a pump. I just disagree. This pump, like almost every other pump I've tried, gets clogged. I end up opening the bottle and using it as if there was no pump, but now I've got this messy pump I have to put somewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ds17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really am angry with this COVERGIRL foundation.Right off the bat this foundation is called TRUBLEND so you would think oh this must be super blendable given the name of the product... but no. I have not tried a ton of foundations, but I do know a good formula when I try it and this is far from it.
My biggest dissapointment with this product was the patchiness, which concerning the nature of the product should not be a problem. I tried applying this foundation with a damp beauty blender, a damp flat top kabuki, a dry rounded kabuki, and my fingers. Yet not one of those applications methods could I achieve a nicely blended look.
Maybe I could understand if the product was full coverage, similar to the revlon photoready which can be difficult to blend. But this is a very light covergae foundation and I still cannot get an even finnish, I found this product extremely disspointing.
Theonly reason I gave it two stars was becaus eof the wide range of foundation shade, which is not commonly found in the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by emilypat

I like this new trublend. I've always like covergirl foundations but never found my color. im nc40 and tried caramel beige. I liked the matching powder as well and it feels very good, doesn't even out skintone, but does fill in pores and give a clean look.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Jnsbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is horrible. It broke me out so bad. I have little itchy bumps everywhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

CoverGirl recently repackaged and re-promoted this foundation, so I decided to give it a go because I remembered liking it back in the day (way, way back in the day) when I first started out with makeup. However, a lot has changed in drugstore makeup since then, but this product seems to be the same subpar foundation it used to be. It didn't cause me to break out, it matched my skin well, and I liked the pump packaging, but those are the only good things I can really say. The texture is thin and liquid-y and doesn't seem to blend into the skin - it merely sits on top of it, making it very obvious that you're wearing foundation. The coverage isn't great and it's definitely not build-able. I tried setting it with a few different powders, but it still felt a little greasy and it transferred to other surfaces. Overall, I didn't like this foundation and wouldn't repurchase. I guess I'll stick with my tried-and-true CG Clean!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I didn't like anything about this foundation. It oxidizes horribly, and the coverage is-erm-odd. It gives the skin an orange sheen, while accentuating any fine lines or dry spots. The lasting power sucks, an hour at best, even with powder. It's a shame since the packaging with a pump is lovely, and it's so inexpensive. Unfortunately, the oxidizing alone is a reason I wouldn't recommend anyone use this foundation. Unless you're a fan of being orange.