Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

on 4/23/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

pros:
- great colour match (L1 for my very fair cool skin)
- easy to apply and blend out
- mixes well with liquid illuminator
- inexpensive

cons:
- doesn't provide much coverage

packaging: it's a glass bottle with a pump. i've dropped the glass bottle on my bathroom tiles and it's survived. the pump doesn't dispense much product compared to other foundation pump bottles i've used, but that's not a problem, just an observation.

buy it again: maybe. it's decent for the price, and good on days when i just want to even out my skin without actually covering it up with foundation. but i like to try new things and it's not a holy grail product, so i likely won't repurchase.

on 4/12/2015 2:03:00 PM

I think another reviewer said it best when comparing this foundation to tinted moisturizer. It really doesn't cover imperfections at all and it barely evens out skin tone. I still see a lot of redness poke through even after doing more than one layer. It's a shame, really, because the L2 color is a perfect match for me. I ended up mixing this with Kat Von Ds tattoo foundation which is full coverage. It helped some, but still not my favorite.

on 4/7/2015 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I impulsively purchased this foundation in the colour M4 after running out of my utterly beloved Boots Botanics Age Defence foundation, and to sum up this product... It's awful; absolutely f**king GHASTLY. My skin is sensitive, oily with large pores, moderate to severe acne, a metric ton of hyperpigmentation marks, and a borderline jaundice looking yellow tone, so I generally have quite a difficult time finding a proper foundation, but nothing can compare the hellish experience that I had with Covergirl's "Tru Blend" foundation.

Before I applied this, I cleansed my face with Johnson's Head To Toe baby wash, then moisturised with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturising gel then proceeded to apply/blend this disgusting foundation to half of my face with adequately clean fingers, followed by dabbing with a damp sponge (no foundation on sponge) to ensure an even, cakeless finish. I applied to only half of my face because I wanted to see how it would look using brush application on the other side; however, the finger/sponge method has always been my fool proof technique for applying liquid foundation, so I was a bit shocked and appalled by the finished result.

Firstly, the coverage was complete rubbish and any attempt at building the opacity resulted in a caked mess, regardless of how well I blended. At first I thought that perhaps my usual technique was somehow not suited to this foundation, so I went over the bare half of my face with a brush and again tried to build the coverage with even worse results. No matter what I did, I could not get this foundation to look anything other than disturbingly grotesque on my face. Every pore was so ridiculously emphasised that I could drop a coin and make a wish inside one.

Secondly, the colour was f**king filth. It looked like a nice creamy yellow inside of the bottle, and even when I had a glob pumped out onto the back of my hand. I thought that I had finally found a shade comparable to the previously mentioned Boots foundation in "almond", but when blended out onto my face I instead found that it had a colour more reminiscent of a dirty orange traffic cone; absolute madness.

Thirdly, my skin reacted horridly to this crap. Within less than 3 hours my skin was flaking/peeling as if I'd been sunburnt! Then to top it all off, my face developed many tiny bumps as well as massively inflamed spots on my cheeks, chin, and jawline. I promptly removed the makeup, then nearly had a fit when I saw how truly angry my skin became after using this product. I'm ready to believe that perhaps this bottle was tainted because I've never had such an insane reaction to a "hypoallergenic" formula.

I would certainly not recommend this foundation and cannot wrap my mind around the fact that many people swear by this stuff. But if you feel that you must purchase this, proceed with caution because it messed my face up so badly that I essentially became a hermit until the condition of my skin improved; yes, it was that bad.

on 4/7/2015 1:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this in m4, I bought it to offset my other relatively pink foundations to better match my yellow-toned skin.

Pros
-great for yellow-toned skin
-no scent
-blendable formula
-buildable coverage

Cons
-can make dry patches a tad obvious
-lasting power is average

This foundation is average. The shade I have is L5 creamy natural and I found this shade to be very pink. I also found this foundation to oxidize on my skin and turn a few shades darker. The coverage is light to medium. The makeup is very streaky and took quite long to blend evenly onto the skin. The only good thing about this product is the packaging with the pump.

HOWEVER, I found that this foundation caused me to break out and cause bumps under the skin after using it (my skin is not sensitive). I also think this foundation does not sit well on the skin. I can definitely feel that I am wearing makeup even when I did not apply it all over my face.

I will not be repurchasing due to bad color match and break outs.

on 3/17/2015 10:01:00 PM

This felt very light on my skin, and covered literally nothing. It covered worse than a tinted moisturizer really. The price of this was okay, and I enjoyed that it has a pump. I'll probably clean it out, and store my revlon colorstay in it instead.

on 2/25/2015 6:20:00 PM

Love it. Undetectable coverage. Works like a colored primer when you set it with powder. I set it with coty airspun powder and I've also used covergirl simply powder over it and the effect is flawless.

I had I hopes with this product but I also have acne and mine is red and splotchy so the coverage isn't as much as I needed and when I squirt it out of the bottle onto my brush its never one certain color its a mix of dark and light whenever I put it on my face I can see the lines and I don't like that if you're looking for a drug store foundation I highly recommend Loreal Infallible pro matte foundation!

on 1/24/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've FINALLY found a foundation shade that matches my skin/neck. I am in L1 which is the lightest shade in the collection. With two light layers it gives a medium/full coverage. I use both a flattop an my beauty blender and I love it either way. In my opinion, it sets to a full matte look but it's still in a way radiant! I'm completely amazed at the color match for this collection!!

on 1/9/2015 11:30:00 AM

I gravitated towards this because the shades are so neutral, and of course the pump bottle. I had such high hopes. I don't know what it was with this foundation but it just refused to blend. No matter what I did it looked like a streaky mess. The texture of it is very thin, like water. And I mean that in the worst way possible. Maybe it would work for people who have nearly flawless skin and only use a tiny bit of foundation? Any more than a few dots of this on your face and it's just incredibly hard to blend evenly.