December 20, 2014 | 870 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by AndiSaysHi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So I contacted CG's consumer care and they told me that the formula of this has in fact not been changed, but that that there were shades added and an updated bottle. I suspected as much since I used the older plainer bottled version, as well as the updated prettier bottle, and could not tell a difference at all. I use "Ivory-L1- #405" which is the lightest shade, and it's a great very fair, neutral shade. This formula has more "play time" than others, but once blended and set has a lovely satin finish, that will need to be set with powder if you have an oily t-zone like I do. This melds with my skin well, and looks very natural, which is important to me. The coverage is light, but can be medium if you apply it with a good flat top brush. I usually just use my *clean* fingers, because I like light coverage. While the pump bottle is very pretty (now), it's rather large and takes up a lot of space in my makeup bag. So while I do appreciate having a pump bottle, I wish it were more compact, but that's not a deal-breaker. This does not highlight my dry, flaky areas, which makes it a winner for cooler months. This does not break me out either, and I tend to break out easily from foundations. Also, this contains a high amount of Tit. Dioxide (based on it's place in the ingredients list), so even though there is no SPF listed, this probably does provide sun protection. I do really like this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is not w bad foundation. It's probably not best for oily skin though. Somewhat dewy finish. It comes out quite thick and looked very streaky going on. But it blends out and sets much thinner then I expected. You can build to medium coverage. It's quite natural looking. I put it on with fingers as I find that warms up thicker foundations and BB creams. The shades are good. I am an NC20 and No. 1 Ivory is not pink at all and quite pale for a DS foundation. It was very hard to tell them apart in the store though. It lasts fairly well - 4 or 5 hours.. Doesn't not cover the very noticeable redness around the nose or under eye circles. I am tempted to try their concealer. i like more coverage, but if you want light coverage this isn't bad.. It does even out the skin tone, doesn't settle into lines or look shiney. It is a bit dewy, so it don't think it help with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because the color range actually had yellow undertones. The shade I first bought was M5 "Caramel Beige" and it was a bit dark for me & actually looked orange on my skin. It's the darker of the yellows. So i bought M4 "Sand Beige" thinking it would match me better but they were both kind of the same, except M4 is a bit more brighter but it still looked orangey. It still looked too dark because it oxidizes. Regardless, my skin type is extremely oily. This foundation has a dewy finish. Not matte but a little dewy. If you have oily skin like me this foundation isn't for you. The coverage is on the lighter/sheer side too. It basically sucks at covering anything. Literally. Unless your skin is perfect you might think the coverage is good but it's not. I liked this foundation at first but now i really don't. It's just bad. Plus it's on the more pricier side of drugstore foundations for a product that doesn't even do much. I think I'll pass on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by exaltedfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is probably my favourite foundation that I have ever used. It blends so well and lasts well. I don't know why I ever stopped using it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by MES

Packaging is very nice for a drugstore foundation, airless pump in a glass bottle. It's a little thicker than most liquids and therefore provides a bit more coverage, though it can look a bit heavy. I don't think this is best choice for dry or aging skin, it really magnified my pores and looked downright terrible on my under eye area. This does wear well, and provide a good amount of coverage but it looked terrible on my skin. I moisturized before I applied and blended it well and I just wasn't impressed. The downfall of this wearing well is that it's very hard to wash off. I washed twice with a gentle non foaming cleanser and there was still residue when I used toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Worst foundation ever.
Cakey and leaves streaks on your skin, even when applied with the best brush.

Raise your standards and invest in a more expensive foundation that will do the job 10x better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Mymakeupthoughts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im really enjoying this product !
It gives a beautiful light coverage that does well with the redness around my face.its not cakey at all.It first go on nice and smooth with a little bit of a satiny look and slowly turns matte so i see no reason for me to powder which is always a good thing! My skins been a bit dry lately so this works well with that by not emphasising my dry spots.Overall great product !

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by xmakeuphoarderx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I really wanted to love this foundation. I bought it, the shade matched PERFECTLY and it even had yellow undertones, which is rare for a drugstore foundation (d2, and im an nc42 for reference) and I fell in love with the texture and blendability the SECOND i put it on. It wasn't liquidy, but it spread super easily, and one pump was more than enough for my whole face. This foundation and I were soul mates.

Up until the morning after I used it.

I broke out with cystic acne SO BAD, in places I never got acne before, mainly my cheeks. This was the only new product I added to my routine. My brushes were clean, everything should have been fine. It had to be the foundation. It broke my heart to return it, but something in the ingredients just didn't get along with my skin. It's now been 2 months, and I'm still battling the scars as well as new acne, but that's another story.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by strawberrybonbon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the color, formula, and blendability. I really like a liquid foundation instead of a souffle, stick, powder etc. The problem is the pump. So many reviewers love the pump foundations and seem to dislike the bottled foundation without a pump. I just disagree. This pump, like almost every other pump I've tried, gets clogged. I end up opening the bottle and using it as if there was no pump, but now I've got this messy pump I have to put somewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ds17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really am angry with this COVERGIRL foundation.Right off the bat this foundation is called TRUBLEND so you would think oh this must be super blendable given the name of the product... but no. I have not tried a ton of foundations, but I do know a good formula when I try it and this is far from it.
My biggest dissapointment with this product was the patchiness, which concerning the nature of the product should not be a problem. I tried applying this foundation with a damp beauty blender, a damp flat top kabuki, a dry rounded kabuki, and my fingers. Yet not one of those applications methods could I achieve a nicely blended look.
Maybe I could understand if the product was full coverage, similar to the revlon photoready which can be difficult to blend. But this is a very light covergae foundation and I still cannot get an even finnish, I found this product extremely disspointing.
Theonly reason I gave it two stars was becaus eof the wide range of foundation shade, which is not commonly found in the drugstore.