July 25, 2014 | 1760 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Sandalwood Vanilla

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the many glowing reviews... here on MUA as well as on Amazon.

Oddly enough, the one review that struck me as endearing and made me click my dumb 'Amazon' quick pay button was in regard to Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy using this as her signature fragrance (RIP).

In any event, my Auric package arrived today and with much excitement, I dabbed some on my wrists. Blech. Not for me. It smells like the base notes of a grandpa's after shave. I can't quite place it, perhaps the older formula of Old Spice before their hip, new marketing campaign or the ol' green bottle of Brut - which is heavy on the Sandalwood. It is just beyond old school manly to me.

I suppose I've really gone deep into the gourmand side of things, so perhaps I'm no longer a good judge of fragrances if they are not laden with sweet deliciousness, but I do love the BBW version of Vanilla Sandalwood and was hoping this would emulate the characteristics of that scent. Nope.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by chameleon529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wooo, another hit for me from Auric Blends! This takes their plain vanilla oil, subtracts the syrupy fruit note and a little of the sweetness then adds the unmistakable aroma of sandalwood. There's a note on the website that indicates the formula has changed due to a discontinued ingredient and consequently the scent has changed slightly. I'm not sure if the bottle I have is from before or after this reformulation but I DO know that I love this! Starts off powdery (in a good way) but warms into a beautiful, simple sandalwood vanilla that lasts ages and wraps me in a soft subtle cloud. I will use up my plain Auric Blends Vanilla on the rare days I'm in the mood for gourmand and/or by layering but I won't repurchase now that I know about the sandalwood blend. It takes the things I liked about the vanilla, leaves out the things I didn't, then spices it up with sandalwood. So great!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by thevintagecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a sample kit that i ordered with other roll-ons ,its very pretty ,the vanilla sweetness is toned down with sandelwood ( i love both) , and the scent is so comforting (as one reviewer said) , you feel calm and relaxed ,the sandelwood has that effect on a lot of poeple and staying power is medium on me, packaging is handy , overall i will buy it with my next order.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by jesshunter

Received this in a sampler from Auric Blends. Very smooth and light fragrance. Some Sandalwood fragrances can smell synthetic, but this is right on target and is well paired with the vanilla. Will rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I ordered this and also the Auric Blends Vanilla oil from Amazon (the seller was Tom's Incense, seriously the FASTEST shipping I've ever seen) because of all the favorable reviews for Auric Blends I've read. This is one of the smoothest, most non-offensive scents I've ever smelled. It has a soft, comforting appeal to it, much like coming home and slipping on pajamas after a long day (which I love to do). The oil is thick (but not too thick), and rolls on quite easily. I've tried a lot of oils from different companies and I like the quality of this kind. I don't really like watery oils, and this has a good thickness to it I prefer. It sinks into the skin and feels smooth and not sticky or greasy. It starts out with a warm, woodsy essence, and a few moments later the mellow vanilla appears. This isn't a marshmallow, ice cream/candy vanilla, it is more of a dry, vanilla bean type. Later, it develops a noticeably clean baby powder-like smell, which along with the wood and vanilla adds to the comforting effect. Overall, the word that comes to mind is gentle. It has enough throw to make it noticeable, but it won't bother anyone around you. I work with someone who has respiratory problems so I have to watch what I wear around her, and this doesn't bother her. This layers perfectly with a lot of perfumes, too. Also, I like the little bottle with the clear label and dreamcatcher design, it's cute and earthy. Great little find.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this!!!!!! I plan to wear this durning the fall and winter seaon, this is soooooo perfect! my new favorite!Egyptian, Arabian and Tunisian sandalwood blended with vanilla and golden amber. UPDATE a few days later and WOW! I Love this soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!! I will buy this forever! I am so happy I tried this and I can't wait to try every one in the collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by elisabethann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Sexy, warm and indulgent. I did pick up on the powdery scent that some of the other reviewers noticed, but I think it added a flirtatious tone to the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by littleboychucktown

I wear this everyday!!!! I love it. I have used it for over 5 years and I am a little ashamed to say that I haven't even tried any of the other scents that auric offers.....YET!!! The price is good and the smell last for a very long time. Even when I stop to notice it on myself, others around me will comment on it. But its not so strong that its "foul". Another thing that I really like about this company is that.... IT DOESN'T LEAK!!! We've all had those moments. I know my bottles get dropped and knocked over alot and I've never had any problems with any of the oil leaking out of the ball or lid.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 2:08:00 AM More reviews by blondie7icecold

Wow, I am rather surprised by all the good reviews. I really like both Sandalwood scents and Vanilla scents, and so I figured that the two of them combined would make an enticing and inviting fragrance. In the bottle it smells nice, maybe slightly bland. When I first roll it on it starts out well but unfortunately turns to powder on me; not sandalwood, nor vanilla, but definitely powder. Even my SO commented that I smelled like powder when he was near my neck. At least it was fairly cheap. Sad it didn't work out for me; I'm giving it three lippies because it obviously works on others and the price is reasonable. C'est la vie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Auric Blends Sandalwood Vanilla is DELICIOUS! Most Sandalwood Vanilla's major on the Vanilla and make a wimp/sucker of the Sandalwood. Not this one...The Sandalwood in this blend has depth, and I totally love it!