November 26, 2014 | 1768 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Aramisse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best product to take care of dehydrated skin. It is better than all the other serums and treatment I have tried to take care of this issue. The dehydration lines on my forehead go away when I use it at least two days in a row. Consistency is the secret to get the most of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My mother gave me this after my father told her he couldn't handle the smell. It triggered asthma, which is not unusual for him, though this IS very strong, so beware. It's not my favorite aroma of the Clarins oils (Lotus is), but the way this sinks in and leaves your skin feeling is simply divine. Fine lines diminish GREATLY and skin just glows! Anything left over on my hands gets rubbed into my cuticles and it even smooths those raggedy things out. I had to dock it a couple of lippies because of the strong fragrance. The smell isn't bad at all, but it's overpowering. I can wear their body tonic oil and lotus oil without any issues, but I have to be careful with how much I apply this one or it will make me a little nauseous after a few hours.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

With the current fashion for face oils, I've tried Caudalie and Josie Maran, both in the regular and light formulations. I was put off trying Clarins Blue Orchid Oil because Paula's Choice said there were so many irritants that it was the equivalent of rubbing sandpaper on your skin. I have sensitive skin to begin with, that is even more sensitive with our current cold winter. Well, I finally decided to try it, based on the high scores on MUA. I've used it every night for two weeks and my skin loves it. My fine dehydration lines are disappearing and my skin is glowing under makeup once again. I've experienced no irritation at all. I guess it depends on which fragrances or essential oils your skin reacts to. I know for myself that lemon and orange oil are problematic, but they are not key ingredients in this, so maybe that's why it's been successful for me. BTW, during the day I use the Patricia Wexler Skin Brightening Cream topped with the Josie Maran Argan Oil Milk, let that sink in, and then apply makeup. The combination has certainly been working.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As soon as I sampled this oil I had to have it and it does not disappoint. Lately my skin has been so dehydrated - that is unusual for me. I live in a moist climate and lately it's been dry and very cold and windy. That, plus the indoor heating, has zapped the life out of my normally youthful looking skin (which I work hard to keep). I also love oils and have a lot of wonderful beauty oils from Egypt, but they are getting to the end of their potency, and none of my remedy oils, go-to creams, moisture sprays, masks, or kitchen fresh solutions have been able to bring my hydration up. My hands are also looking very dry and so red and harsh looking that I am embarrassed.

As a result of this, my skin is also red and bumpy and congested and rashy looking - ugh!! I had saved up lots of Shoppers points and so I usually splurge on expensive makeup or skin care - so got this free, but for around $50 you get a generous amount and only use mere drops for application, so it will last - I would pay that price for a great product like this. One thing about oils - you're not getting a bunch of water, which is what most lotions and creams are.

I keep it in a drawer so it is not exposed to light but I love the yellow colour. I love the dropper application - so neat and clean and easy to dispense a precise amount The smell is very intoxicating to me. I love essential oils (I've been called "the lady of the oils") and have used patchouli for decades, and it always takes me into a happy place.

I got this tonight, and was also given samples of Vital Light Serum and Vital Light Nighttime Cream which I asked to try. I used them tonight and have been impressed with their effectiveness in making my skin feel soft and moist again. But then I patted a few drops of the Blue Orchid face oil on, and very lightly massaged it into my skin. I then massaged whatever was left on my fingers into my hands. Strike the heavenly choir!! My skin feels so incredibly supple and soft again, both on my face and my hands - I can't stop touch my hands. Love this oil!!
(p.s. the Vital Light products are pretty impressive too. I have a glow to my skin after one use of the serum and night cream. A glow I haven't seen for months!!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by abluesgirl

I'm still torn over using this product. I think it's breaking me out! I have been using the 2ml sample for three weeks now and I have six pimples (five on my chin). I've tried using just a couple of drops after washing at night. I also tried mixing a couple of drops with my moisturizer, and now I'm begun following the directions on the clarins website. I put a drop or two of toner and mix it with a drop or two of oil. I will finish the sample and decide whether I'll return the big bottle (if I can). It does moisturize nicely though, but I can't deal with these breakouts!
In the morning I use the double serum and then I use Clinique moisturesurge (which I've been using together for six months with no breakouts)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Billie15

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's just amazing for my dry skin and I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by peekachoo

Its a nice pleasant face oil but i have used better (Espa, Cauldelie)
Always wanted to try it so treated myself in duty free.
Smells nice but i prefer Espa. Not too greasy and didnt break me out.
It just didn't impress me like others have.
Will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product every other night for five months. I use a supermarket brand night cream the other nights. My skin has always tended to redness and blemishes. For the past two months, I've had comments about how healthy my skin looks. I use it at night after washing and toning - just 2-3 drops pressed into my face and neck. It smells great and lasts forever. I have 3/4 bottle left after five months. I now leave the house wearing just tinted moisturiser and primer to control shine. I have not done that since I was a teenager, i.e. for over 20 years. This product really is that good.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by AnaPT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg don't know what the big deal is, it's an ok oil but Tarte's Maracuja is WAY better, I swear Clarins stuff is just hype half the time....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have come to really love this product, as has my skin. At first I used it on its own, or layered with moisturiser but that didn't do much to my skin. I read on here that people mix it with their moisturiser and for some reason that makes all the difference. I use it morning and evening and my skin is healthy, plump and dewy (if I use too much it's greasy at first but penetrates quickly enough). Foundation application is a breeze. It even takes care of some of my facial problem areas (between eyebrows and spot underneath my lip).

I don't like the smell of it and the packaging could be improved, with a dark bottle maybe? It's also not ideal for traveling because it's so heavy. But I'm happy to deal with that seeing how much my skin likes it.

Moisturisers I have used with it: Avene light hydrating cream and a thick and rich cream from the pharmacy (no name brand).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No