Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.3

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 3/25/2015 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2 weeks now so feel safe in saying it's the best thing I've used on my face in years. have always had really dry skin and have used every product under the sun to try and help. The ones that worked eventually stop being enough for my skin. Also pregnant and maybe that's why dryness was worse than usual. Wandered past a Clarins counter and a lovely lady offered to help, she could see by my red sore looking face what I needed. She used this oil first then hydra quench moisturiser. She was able to confirm my skin was dehydrated, which I couldn't decide on myself even after a lot of Internet research. My skin tone started calming down almost immediately. Have hern using it every morning and night since followed by the moisturiser and it's one of the best things I've ever done for my face. The tight lines are going, the horrible tight sore feeling is gone, it's such a treat. Smells quite strong but it's worth it. Like getting a facial each time I use it. Really happy I found it, after spending a fortune on various different products. Don't imagine it does much for wrinkles but will think about that later and just enjoy happy skin for now

on 3/17/2015 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
I love using this in the cooler months. Although it is an oil, it does not feel greasy on the skin. It does not make me break out, however from time to time, it does enlarge my pores, but nothing a treatment mask can't fix. It smells great too. Please don't confuse this for some miracle serum nor soley as a moisturiser. It is an oil that is meant to balance the skin's moisture level. It is reasonably priced and the bottle lasts a VERY long time.

CONs:
It doesn't work for me in summer, but I don't mind having a break from it.

I will not repurchase this immediately after finishing the bottle, only because I would like to try their Santal Oil for winter. I will definitely repurchase when needed though.

on 1/30/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

A superb treatment for really dry, older, winter skin (major problem here in Northern New England!). The eyedropper cap makes it very easy to measure out--a doubly good thing, since the product is expensive and you only need a very small amount. I typically use 6 to 8 drops, applying after cleansing and toning. I use this product about twice a week all winter; used daily, I think it would be too much of a good thing. The oil absorbs gradually and leaves skin soft. As with many Clarins products, the light, captivating fragrance is a bonus! Expensive product, but well worth the price as it does what creams can't.

on 1/30/2015 1:25:00 AM

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination Asian skin and never thought of adding more oil to my face. After being convinced by the sales person that this will not clog my already-super-clogged pores, I gave it a try.

Application:
1. Pour pea size amount of toner (I use Clarins Iris toner but I think any other toner would work just fine) into my palm. Add 2-4 drops (depending on the degree of dryness of my face) of this Blue Orchid Oil into the toner.
2. Rub hands together so the toner&oil mixture is warmed between the hands
3. Press onto my face. Smell the mixture (This is just for therapeutic purpose haha!..feel like I'm in a spa). Leave the hands on face for 5-10 seconds then press another area until the mixture covers whole face and neck. Try to press on face then push it up slightly so it gives a lifting feel.
4. To add to the home spa experience, I do a bit of face massage which I remember from my facial spas i.e. stroke hands from chin upwards to each side of the face, upward stroke on the forehead, upward stroke on neck etc
5. After pressing and stroking the oil on my face (sales person said can do that for 10 mins or more while you're watching TV! but I do it for a few minutes), blot the "leftover" oil with facial tissue.
6. Face is now prep and ready for serum/moisturizer

Results: Upon the first application, my face glows and it looks very healthy. My face also feels more moisturized although I still need to apply more moisturizer to keep it at bay as I'm constantly in air conditioned environment. Personally, I feel that it does not significantly unclog pores or clear up black heads but I am ok with it since I can unclog pore using other products. I treat this as a moisturizing oil toner that "rebalances" my face and keeps it healthy looking. Great absorption to the skin and does not give feeling of film floating atop of my face.

After 2 weeks of daily use (sometimes twice a day! depending on my mood and how dry my face is), my face continues to have natural glow. I am very pleased with the result. The product is not the cheapest around but I can see it last a long time given I only need 2-4 drops for each application! I would recommend to those whose skin needs rebalancing.

PS. I gave 4 for packing because it has a glass container and I travel a lot so a bit scared that the glass would break!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think it's fair to say this oil has reached HG status for me. I'm onto my third bottle and they last ages!

I love everything about this product - it makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated, it smells amazing and I feel good applying it. I use it 1-2 per week, usually after I've applied a treatment mask (clay-based and/or exfoliating mask) and I give my face a good massage while applying it.

I notice a huge difference when I use this - not icky dry patches, my skin feels softer to the touch and my makeup applies better. A little goes a long way, so even though it's on the pricey side you'll get a lot of use out of it.

Can't rave about this product enough.

on 1/14/2015 10:14:00 AM

The. best. smell. ever.!!! take note - the bottle dispenses the product too quickly so be mindful when tipping this oil into your hands.....a little goes a long way. I use this after I've been on a flight -first, I use a hydration mask and then this instead of my usual night time moisturiser. My skin glows in the morning. Guaranteed!

on 1/7/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Let me start by saying I live in a 100-year-old house with single glazed windows, so when I go to bed at night I might as well be sleeping in the sub-zero temperatures outside! As you can imagine, the freezing winter weather has been absolute hell on my typically sensitive/combination skin, so it was horrendously dehydrated with dry patches, flakes around my nose and forehead, and looking so oily you could fry an omelette on it. My foundation and makeup looked an absolute mess on top of this, so I was desperate to find a product that would fix it all for me!

I heard about Clarins Blue Orchid face oil via one of my favourite bloggers (not sure if I'm allowed to mention specific names on here or not?) who I know suffers from oily skin and who couldn't say enough good things about it. This is sold for 32 pretty much everywhere - not exactly cheap - so I was really reluctant to purchase for a while (not helped by the fact that other oils like argan oil and rosehip oil had done nothing but break me out and irritate my skin in the past), but after noticing my flaky nose had just got worse I eventually went for it.

Initially I noticed that the smell was really strong, a concern for my sensitive skin, but it didn't bother me as much after using for a few days. I use the pipette to apply 5-7 drops of the product all over my face and neck, leave to sink in for at least a few minutes, and then apply my Ren Frankincense Night Cream on top, before going to bed.

After 3-4 days of use I noticed my skin already felt softer. It wasn't until the 2 week mark of using this every day that I began noticing a huge difference - my dryness had pretty much gone away, my skin felt more nourished, produced noticeably less oil, looked more radiant, and looked significantly more healthy and happy in general. And I'm only 23, so don't have issues with lines or wrinkles just yet - so noticing such a change was a big deal, not sure I realised quite how dehydrated and in need of this stuff my skin was before! I was worried this would irritate my sensitive skin or break me out but it hasn't at all.

My only complaints are that I do seem to be using it up quickly, but I did feel I needed almost twice as much when my skin was especially dry. Also that the chunky glass bottle will make it difficult to travel with.

I'll continue to use this oil throughout the rest of the cold weather - loving the difference this has made to my skin and hope to keep it staying this way. I'd recommend this as a must-try to anyone with dehydrated winter skin looking for a magic fix.

on 10/13/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best product to take care of dehydrated skin. It is better than all the other serums and treatment I have tried to take care of this issue. The dehydration lines on my forehead go away when I use it at least two days in a row. Consistency is the secret to get the most of this product.

on 7/10/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mother gave me this after my father told her he couldn't handle the smell. It triggered asthma, which is not unusual for him, though this IS very strong, so beware. It's not my favorite aroma of the Clarins oils (Lotus is), but the way this sinks in and leaves your skin feeling is simply divine. Fine lines diminish GREATLY and skin just glows! Anything left over on my hands gets rubbed into my cuticles and it even smooths those raggedy things out. I had to dock it a couple of lippies because of the strong fragrance. The smell isn't bad at all, but it's overpowering. I can wear their body tonic oil and lotus oil without any issues, but I have to be careful with how much I apply this one or it will make me a little nauseous after a few hours.

on 3/2/2014 1:50:00 PM

With the current fashion for face oils, I've tried Caudalie and Josie Maran, both in the regular and light formulations. I was put off trying Clarins Blue Orchid Oil because Paula's Choice said there were so many irritants that it was the equivalent of rubbing sandpaper on your skin. I have sensitive skin to begin with, that is even more sensitive with our current cold winter. Well, I finally decided to try it, based on the high scores on MUA. I've used it every night for two weeks and my skin loves it. My fine dehydration lines are disappearing and my skin is glowing under makeup once again. I've experienced no irritation at all. I guess it depends on which fragrances or essential oils your skin reacts to. I know for myself that lemon and orange oil are problematic, but they are not key ingredients in this, so maybe that's why it's been successful for me. BTW, during the day I use the Patricia Wexler Skin Brightening Cream topped with the Josie Maran Argan Oil Milk, let that sink in, and then apply makeup. The combination has certainly been working.

Popular Treatments (Face)