October 31, 2014 | 1588 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Midimauve Lustre Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Flattering brownish pink toned lipstick, lasts fairly long but can be a little drying, I do apply lipbalm under this. Great shade for my pale skin gives some contrast but not too much, I tend to prefer more subtle lipstick looks so this is another good one for me. Would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by babyblaze21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have this lipstick midi mauve, im nc42 its just boring boring boring!
i regret buying it. theres nothing wrong with it. the color is fine, it actually looks good.
but its nothing, not sexy either like a nude lip.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is just boring. I really tried to make it work, pairing it with different lip glosses, but it didn't do anything for me. First, the description on the mac website is a bit misleading. This is not a "rosy mauve with pearl." Rather, It's a brownish-plum with a hint of red. I'm NW 50, and this looked like dark pinkish-brown on me. It wasn't bad-looking, just nothing spectacular. Also, although this is supposed to be a lustre finish, it felt more like a satin to me. It was a bit more opaque than I expected. I think this could look beautiful on other skin tones, especially olive. For me, it was just bland. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great neutral mauve lipstick that matches perfectly with MAC's Whirl lip liner. Not over the top luster, just a your-lips-but-better color on me. For reference I'm NC30-NC35, black hair and brown eyes. A great go to if you want lipstick but also want to look effortlessly put together.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I canít tell you how much I love this lipstick! Iím obsessed with MAC and I tried this lipstick on and it looks sooo beautiful on my lips! Iím NC30 for reference. I highly recommend it to everyone. Go try it out! Itís a gorgeous color and versatile and long lasting! I really love the color it looks really nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

this lipstick looks like a very pretty mauve in the tube, but applies kind of brownish plum. Eh, it's ok but not a necessary addition to any collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20ish, brunette, light brown eyes. My lips are very pigmented, dark pink. I bought Midimauve to use for my wedding and I think it was the perfect "blushing bride" shade. I wanted something natural and rosy, but not too pink, and I definitely didn't want anything paler than my natural lips. Midimauve has enough warmth to tone down the blueness of my lips, without pulling orange or brown. It's like the perfect plummy MLBB shade and it photographed really well (very natural). It's not very long lasting, which would be my only complaint. I think this would work on a variety of skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by meems

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am pale, NC15 and I always have a hard time finding a nice, barely-there lipstick shade. My lips tend to pull the brown from lots of lipsticks. When the SA tried to get me to try this, I thought I'd hate it. Mauve? In a lipstick?! You mean that purplish color? I am so glad I tried it on though. It gives me a little extra oomph without being "WOW, LIPSTICK" like most lip colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shade is flattering but a bit boring. It looks mauve in the tube, which I was very excited about. But when I put it on, it is more of a generic sheer brownish nude that you could buy just about anywhere. I will probably finish this tube, but I wouldn't repurchase, as it is nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Amandalee412

This is a beautiful natural looking lipstick!! A must have!!