MAC Midimauve Lustre Lipstick

4.2

really liked this lipstick. It gives a natural rogue color to my lips!! For my everyday or Natural looks.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love many Mac lipsticks this one is just ok it is beautiful over plum lip pencil actually it works over any lip pencil. If you are lipstick shy you will probably love it. I found even though it is a luster it lasts less time than say syrup also a luster. I considered returning for a wow me shade but kept for an everyday fail safe option because the color is very good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

At the moment, this lipstick and plum lip pencil (also by mac) are my go to lip products for everyday. I came across a pic of Kim Kardashian at the Givenchy show wearing this lipstick and I had to have it. Mac describes this shade as a rosey plum & for once I agree with their description of a product. I'm not much into lustre finishes as they are slick feeling and sheer but I am willing to look past that for the sexy rosey plummy look it gives with Plum lip liner.

This is a great color. I've noticed many of the previous reviews say this is "boring or like wearing nothing". Well...it all depends on your skintone. For those with medium/dark skin tones, this will NOT add all that much color, and of course it will disappear. However...on very fair/fair, and light skin tones, this is gorgeous. Not too pink, not too brown, neutral enough to go with a bold eye, but strong enough to compliment a neutral look. Not matte, and not totally shiny, this has a pearl finish. As with all MAC lipsticks (to me), they are slightly drying and need to be reapplied throughout the day, however I'll continue to wear and repurchase this lovely color.

Edit Brilliant with MAC's Absolutely It lip liner.

I am SO sick of the "mlbb" term, and I always thought it was a bad definition of plain old nude - till Midimauve. Of course I'm way WAY late to the party on this one - sort of. I've actually owned this lipstick for a couple of years- not really sure why I never wore it! But I pulled it out of my stash a few weeks ago and OMG! I love this! What was I thinking!? This is just one notch richer than my lip color, with a rich, gleamy finish that I cannot get enough of! I do reapply a few times throughout the day - without a mirror - and every time I do catch a glimpse of myself, it looks perfect! My lips feel smooth and moist all day,and the color goes with literally everything. If I wear the Naked basics - it looks neutral. If I wear the Naked 3 palette - it compliments the cooler pink tones perfectly. Yesterday I bought 2 backups. I will never be without this lipstick again. Midimauve 4 ever!!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

THIS IS MY HG LIPSTICK!!!! I have been looking for a warm nude, and I like a bit of shimmer. I also needed something light-feeling and a bit moist because glosses are the usual for me. I really wanted to find a lipstick that works for me instead of always using glosses. THIS IS IT! This shade can be casual or dressy, it gives me color but it is not "IN YOUR FACE". I love it so much. I'm fair, but warm toned, with lots of light brown freckles across my cheeks. It's not super cool-toned for a mauve. Cool toned shades do not look good on me. This is warm but the slight shimmer gives some dimension. I think the staying power is pretty good as well.

YES this shade is "boring" but in a way that it's an everyday staple. I dunno why some people are giving this a low rating for it's being boring, but I LIKE boring, everyday shades because i work 5 days a week as a teacher and want appropriate lipstick :) It's no candy yum yum, but it's super flattering and natural looking. it is the exact same shade as my pigmented lips, so it basically evens out and glosses my lips.

It's an amazing MLBB shade in the lustre formula which is my favorite because it's not drying and it's not opaque. That being said, i don't wear lustres when i am looking for long-lasting color (then i would go for matte or satin).

never again with these lustres idk why ppl like these most are like lipglosses and they will have your lips shriveled up and dry as dust in an hour they are not good formulas at all these end up dryer than the retro mattes and midimauve itself is an ugly color pretty in the tube but on its not.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Flattering brownish pink toned lipstick, lasts fairly long but can be a little drying, I do apply lipbalm under this. Great shade for my pale skin gives some contrast but not too much, I tend to prefer more subtle lipstick looks so this is another good one for me. Would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

i have this lipstick midi mauve, im nc42 its just boring boring boring!
i regret buying it. theres nothing wrong with it. the color is fine, it actually looks good.
but its nothing, not sexy either like a nude lip.

Recommended for Medium Skin