MAC Lustre - Lustrous Mauve

3.1

on 12/19/2012 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

This lipstick is LE. I really do like it on my NC45 skin. It's really pretty in the tube and a different lipstick than what you would normally see.. So I will keep it and wear this through winter. It's not mauve at all. A very sheer silver grey. I really like it... If you like unique l/s and are able to find this one, I suggest you get it:)

on 6/21/2008 4:12:00 AM

I bought this product at Convivio in Milan, a special fashion and beauty bazaar that has the purpose of collecting money in order to deal with the problem of Aids and to get something concrete done. It was a pretty good deal b/c I paid this lipstick at half of the retail price. Anyhow, don't be fooled by its misleading name. Once tried, Lustrous Mauve isn't mauve at all! I could describe the shade as a greyish taupe color Ė and, to be very honest, grey isnít the most appealing color on (someoneís) lips. So donít do it like I did it: TRY OUT Lustrous Mauve before you buy this lipstick!

on 11/5/2005 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

nice! i'm a CCC (MAC NC45 or CoverFX I40) & this colour is a good neutral on me. i wear plum/lavender shades - so this suits me perfectly. Definitely wouldn't call it a Mauve.. more like a slightly plum/lavender-brown sheer w/ silver mixed in. Moisturizes. Great vanilla smell. Nice taste w/out being too conscious of the taste. Works great on top of another colour if you want to add a plum-ish/silver-ish hue. i slick this on on its own. Could see how wouldn't work with a lot of folks though. EDIT EDIT - move over Lustre - i'm in love with BURT'S BEES EGGPLANT LIPSTICK!!!

on 3/9/2005 2:12:00 PM

the "mauve" part of the lipstick's name is very deceiving, as there is absolutely no mauve that i can detect. that said, it's a really unique lipstick- on me it looks like a sheer cool brown with a silvery sheen. on its own, it's not the most flattering lipcolor on me. but over pink and peach lipsticks or pale lipliners, it works. it's not one that i reach for often, so i wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/9/2005 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this color after turning in 6 MAC eyeshadow pots and therefore, cannot be returned or exchanged! I should have spent more time at the counter looking for another color. There is too much grey/silverish tones in this that it makes my lips look dead. Doesn't work for me.

on 2/6/2005 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Lustrous Mauve ("secretive greyish mauve frost" or whatever) is a sheer greyish-silvery-taupe on my pigmented lips. It really reminds me of a Bonne Bell Lip Lix -- in texture, sheer color effect, smell and taste. In fact I guess if it "sounded" like the Lip Lix, we'd cover all 5 senses.
Anyway. I'm GGG, have cool toned mauvy-pinky-brown lips, and am always looking for great mauves and other colors to tone down the pigment in my lips. Lustrous Mauve is a nice option for doing so -- I get a cool medium iced mauve effect, with no chalkiness or frostiness. My tube definitely surprised me when I received it (through swap; I had never seen it before) -- it was full on metallic taupe-grey. But the sheer shimmer effect prevents it from being too space-age. continued >>

on 1/28/2004 12:14:00 AM

Yes, this *has* got a lot of grey in it, but it's so sheer that it's just a nice, cool, metallic-effect mauve (on me at least). I love the Lustre formula and this is a unique colour.

on 1/14/2004 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the light mauve color and I can see hints of the gray. It's a nice almost neutral shade, it doesn't say much but it's still a pretty color. I took off a lipstick because it doesn't really wear well, I find myself touching up all the time. It looks very pretty with Clarity lipglass. However it's not worth running out for and I wouldn't buy it again. In fact, I turned in my 6 containers to get this one.

on 12/28/2003 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very pale lips so this doesn't look good on me. It's too grey. Just that grey/mauve tone that is a dead look for me. No can do. People who have more pigmented lips will really like it. Just not for me.

on 12/26/2003 8:30:00 PM

I can see how some MUAers would LOVE this. Of all the lipsticks, this one has a certain appeal to it. It's described as a secretative gray-mauve frost and it's not too far off. Though I would not say it's gray but more like a shimmery deep YLBB/mauve with silver shimmer. The gray makes the colour have a darker tone. It actually reminds me of an Angelina Jolie colour if anything.

Anyhow, the colour pay off is medium. It definetely shows up but allows your base lip colour to peak through. The only time the colour pay off would be high would be a lip covered in concealor. Overall, I like it and I'll buy it again.

Popular Lipsticks