July 30, 2014 | 2122 users online

Polishes - OPI - Pompeii Purple

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by chrissie69

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Alas, I think this ship has sailed. I LOVED this color when it came out years age, but now it looks cheap and plasticky. The depth and richness of color has lost its patina.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Beautiful shade of bright fuchsia. And the jelly-like formula makes the color look extra shimmery and glow-y. Extremely vivid and perfect for summer.
Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the regular nail polish. Definitely in the fuschia family. A beautiful, bright opalescent fuschia with a soft violet cast. This color makes a statement and is a perfect color to transition to the warmer season.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Omg just omg I got the full teal the cows come home collection and I wasn't too encouraged to buy it because of the two metallic colors teal the cows come home and Pompeii purple but I bought it cuz it was cheap but omg teal the cows come home is beautiful and now this color is so damn beautiful I did it in an kind if dark place when I opened the lights BOOM this light flashy glittery indescribable purple pink was amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this cor for several years (the same bottle) and it still looks & wears great. No it isn't your typical purple but meat if you're not cor blind you can see that. It's more of a link but it's pinky-purple. Purple comes in so many shades, so potato potahto! It was my first OPI purchase years ago & I still love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry - but this ain't purple - fuschia or a blue-toned hot pink is more like it. I selected this as a Gel color and so far it has worn very well (as gels are known for). Not a HG but a bright cheery color to catapult us into spring. BRIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I saw this color in OPI's promotional video for their Gel Color line. The model in the video was having her nails done in Pompeii Purple. I thought it was the most gorgeous shade of hot pink I'd ever seen. Perfect for summer toes and fingers. I love the flashes of blue that come out in bright light.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by LuxeLuver374

Great shade of shimmery fuschia! Reminds me of hot-pink geraniums. Bright and loud (if a polish could talk this one would scream) with purple and blue flashes. Not a duochrome, but the pretty flashes in the bottle do show up on the nail. Perfect formula. Looks great on toes in the summer. The name puzzles me slightly, but it's such a pretty fuschia I don't think about it for too long, haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by PachaMama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I find it interesting that nobody noticed or commented on the switch from black to green label. At one point the color was D/C'd but brought back by overwhelming demand. Thanks OPI!
The original is a teeny bit lighter shade and more vibrant than the current version. Shine and wear factors remained pretty close in both versions.
Men love to see this on us ( and always compliment !) It must be the extra feminine vibe of hot hot fuchsia with cool sweet blue for balance that draws everyone equally.
At first glance PP appears to be a classic dk pink-red. Then the blue pops, and everybody falls in love. Magic. Seduction in a bottle.

One of the original color effect polishes and still the best.

Universally flattering, as mentioned by several MUA'rs.
A staple/must have!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

This is one of my favorite OPI colors, especially in the summer when my toes have a slight tan. It's more of a hot pink with a bluish tint. I have repurchased this, and will continue to do so.