December 20, 2014 | 1255 users online

Pressed Powders - Make Up For Ever - Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Eckertj0510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder has amazing coverage! Better than any powder i have ever used. I purchased this powder on a recommendation by a Sephora sales associate and i am so glad i did...i was looking for something to layer over a very sheer foundation that i purchased as i do not like to feel like i am wearing a mask wth heavy foundation but needed extra coverage and this was perfect! I will never use another powder after this...this is my HG foundation/powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by xxcrissy

Bought this with my MUFE face and body foundation and the two work so well together. I use the compact powder as a setting powder and my makeup lasts all day, and I only have to blot once in the afternoon whereas before I had to blot at least twice. My face looks flawless and however vain this sounds, I love looking at my skin in the mirror! It just looks so smooth and soft...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 4:42:00 AM More reviews by rannia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder because it looks ok in daylight too, it does not have a rough finish. You're not afraid you might put on too much. It has a natural colour. It's reliable, you won't have shininess soon after, although i'm rather dry. It is suitable for dry skins too as it's satiny, not powdery. I'm not sure it has light enough colours, or my local store didn't have them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by India_7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best pressed powder I've ever used, hands down. It's pricey at $30, but the only other pressed powder I've used that works even nearly as well was T LeClerc, and that's $52. And in this NYC humidity, I've never used a brand till now that didn't just gunk or cake up on my face in patches. This withstands the worst that the humdity has to dish out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by brianx

This is the best pressed powder ever. I use it myself to control shininess and it does the job better than anything else I've ever tried! It stands up to humidity exceptionally well (I'm in San Antonio, TX, terribly sticky!!), and if at all, I only need to reapply once a day. I also have this in #25 Mint Green and it is perfect for evening out any redness--just don't use too much or you'll end up looking like Herman Munster.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 2:38:00 AM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin and have tried nearly every oil controlling powder out there, to no avail. This powder has been okay, but it only controls my shine for about 40 minutes. At this price, I expected a lot more than this! It does leave a nice finish on the skin, however. Also, I have Asian skin and their color selection was nice and yellow-based. Just wished that it had better oil controlling properties.... I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2004 3:35:00 AM More reviews by tabithaw

I bought this in #4 for my FFF, stila 30 watts skin.

A very fine powder that provides coverage and keeps away my shine. I usually need to touch up because of my shiny nose but with this, I dont really need to.

Comes in a black slim compact with the MUFE words written in white. The compact fits into a black velvet pouch similar to chanel's. I dont like the puff touching the powder. its unhygenic but if there is a separate compartment, the compact might be thicker...oh well the product is good enough to forget about the puff issue. Isnt refillable though...

Will repurchase this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2003 9:09:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very happy to be the first who leaves his rewiev about this powder. Honestly, I am surprised nobody noticed it before.
O'kay, I've tried dozens of pressed powders - Bobbie Brown, Laura Mercier, Sisley, T. LeClerc, etc. and I can say that this one is the best so far. I have normal/combo skin and I love this powder!
It is created for oilier skins but for touch-ups it's exactly what I need given my oilier T-zone. It's not very sheer and gives the right coverage. After hours it still doesn't look caked-up and stays on for a very long time.
It's pricey at $28, but for that quality I will definitely repurchase.