Cover Girl Lipslicks in Clear

3.9

on 4/4/2015 12:36:00 PM

This is one of the best sheer lipsticks I've ever used in my life! As a professional, I loved telling people about this incredible drugstore secret. My favorite colors: clear, bronze goddess, hipster, daring.

Sadly CG discontinued this incredible product. If you loved it as much as I do, you can VOTE TO BRING IT BACK on their site!

By refreshing your browser it will reset the voting mechanism so you can vote for each color that you love!

I bought this at Ulta, on sale for $3. Usually they're about $7-8. I was so excited because I love lip products, but the taste of the this chap stick is disgusting. I hate the smell too. And i have never been taste/ smell sensitive. However, the texture feels good on my lips, but won't be buying this again.

I am addicted to balms and lipglosses. I bought this one because i needed a fix and it was cheap. There is no color even though it looks pink in the tube but it does feel really smooth on my lips. I like that it gives a tiny bit of sheen. I use it as a base and cover to the chunky lipstick pencils i have. I probably wouldnt buy it again because i do not care too much for the plasticy smell.

on 9/7/2012 5:12:00 PM

I got a few of these on a whim and I was surprised this was my favorite being its a "clear" color. Clear it is not for me. I have very mauve pigmented lips and on me this leaves a warm rosy glow. No glitter, no frost but it somehow just warms up my lips. Almost enhancing my natural lip color and making them look moist and full. For the few dollars it costs (and usually a coupon) it would be worth picking up to try. If anything you can also layer it on top of a nice lipstick for a polished velvet shine.

on 1/8/2012 12:43:00 AM

This is a great balm/gloss. I have very dry lips and this works well to moisturize. I have used lansinoh lanolin ointment on my lips and that worked pretty good, but it just wasn't convenient to carry around a tube of the stuff and it felt very thick and sticky. This gloss also has lanolin in it and gives my lips relief without the thick sticky feeling. It does have the strong make up smell/ taste that most are complaining about. But I'm willing to put up with it since it makes my lips feel and look great. Although this is labeled "clear", I do think this imparts the tiniest bit of pink glow. I've never had a clear balm/gloss make my lips look this pretty. To test out the color, I applied some aquaphor ointment on my lower lip and the CG lip slicks on my top, and there's definitely a color difference. It is still very clear, but just gives my lips a very natural, flattering pinky shine. Love it.

on 11/10/2010 10:57:00 AM

I love this lipgloss-- perfectly creamy, not sticky, nice gloss & shine, packaging is good, and it lasts on your lips.

I love this so much that I have 2 of them- one for my purse and one in my makeup box. It's my hg of clear lipstuff. (which is almost all i wear!)

on 2/13/2010 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this product in Clear. If you buy it with the intention of it being a chapstick you will be disappointed. It's more of a gloss/balm. It does not have color but contains a kiss of shine. Perfect for on the go, low shine. It does have a "makeup-y" smell. Almost like smelling the inside of your makeup bag. It fades over time. The texture is not silky smooth but still very nice feeling. It's product comes beautifully packaged. The product is slanted for easy application. It's cheap at about $3-$4 and even cheaper on sale.

I have used this product FOREVER. It's one of the first things I used out of my Mom's makeup bag when I was younger. It's been around forever for a reason.

xoxox

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My local pharmacy had this on sale for a little over $2, so I bought it thinking that even if I didn't like it I wouldn't be wasting a load of money. At first I figured it wouldn't be all that great, as it was an older product in Covergirl's line and it didn't seem as popular. But after testing this out for about 3 weeks, I can honestly say, I'm in love. I now use this product everyday, either as a base for lipsticks or lipgloss, or on it's own for just a little extra moisture and shine. In fact, I find myself reaching for this more often then my favorite lip balm. Though it doesn't give you any color, it does provide a nice shine and moisture that lasts for hours. This also helps my lipsticks on more evenly and tends to give the product a more expensive pigmented look. I will repurchase as long as Covergirl continues to make this!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great lipgloss to have in your makeup bag; it's a great addition to any lipstick or just for a quick pick me up for your bare lips. It's sheer, not sticky and gives the right amount of shine. It does have a faint scent, sort of lipstick-ish but not bothersome or overwhelming. Dirt cheap too. :)

on 10/25/2009 2:41:00 PM

I love the lipslicks line from Cover Girl! I have buying and wearing them for years now. Clear is my absolute go to clear gloss when my lips are feeling dry, but I want a little shine. Also- this is a great base to use underneath lipsticks (especially if the lipstick is drying). The consistency of this is somewhere between a balm and a lipgloss. This also has zero shimmer or glitter- just shine. I have been through several tubes of this (I always keep a tube in my purse) and fully intend on repurchasing as long as they keep it around. Hope CG never discontinues their lipslicks! A+

Popular Lip Glosses