December 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lipslicks in Clear

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by BreannaLyneHall

I bought this at Ulta, on sale for $3. Usually they're about $7-8. I was so excited because I love lip products, but the taste of the this chap stick is disgusting. I hate the smell too. And i have never been taste/ smell sensitive. However, the texture feels good on my lips, but won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

I am addicted to balms and lipglosses. I bought this one because i needed a fix and it was cheap. There is no color even though it looks pink in the tube but it does feel really smooth on my lips. I like that it gives a tiny bit of sheen. I use it as a base and cover to the chunky lipstick pencils i have. I probably wouldnt buy it again because i do not care too much for the plasticy smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

I got a few of these on a whim and I was surprised this was my favorite being its a "clear" color. Clear it is not for me. I have very mauve pigmented lips and on me this leaves a warm rosy glow. No glitter, no frost but it somehow just warms up my lips. Almost enhancing my natural lip color and making them look moist and full. For the few dollars it costs (and usually a coupon) it would be worth picking up to try. If anything you can also layer it on top of a nice lipstick for a polished velvet shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by TLord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great balm/gloss. I have very dry lips and this works well to moisturize. I have used lansinoh lanolin ointment on my lips and that worked pretty good, but it just wasn't convenient to carry around a tube of the stuff and it felt very thick and sticky. This gloss also has lanolin in it and gives my lips relief without the thick sticky feeling. It does have the strong make up smell/ taste that most are complaining about. But I'm willing to put up with it since it makes my lips feel and look great. Although this is labeled "clear", I do think this imparts the tiniest bit of pink glow. I've never had a clear balm/gloss make my lips look this pretty. To test out the color, I applied some aquaphor ointment on my lower lip and the CG lip slicks on my top, and there's definitely a color difference. It is still very clear, but just gives my lips a very natural, flattering pinky shine. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by SilkySinner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipgloss-- perfectly creamy, not sticky, nice gloss & shine, packaging is good, and it lasts on your lips.

I love this so much that I have 2 of them- one for my purse and one in my makeup box. It's my hg of clear lipstuff. (which is almost all i wear!)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by BreBoyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product in Clear. If you buy it with the intention of it being a chapstick you will be disappointed. It's more of a gloss/balm. It does not have color but contains a kiss of shine. Perfect for on the go, low shine. It does have a "makeup-y" smell. Almost like smelling the inside of your makeup bag. It fades over time. The texture is not silky smooth but still very nice feeling. It's product comes beautifully packaged. The product is slanted for easy application. It's cheap at about $3-$4 and even cheaper on sale.

I have used this product FOREVER. It's one of the first things I used out of my Mom's makeup bag when I was younger. It's been around forever for a reason.

xoxox

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by majormakeupmaniac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My local pharmacy had this on sale for a little over $2, so I bought it thinking that even if I didn't like it I wouldn't be wasting a load of money. At first I figured it wouldn't be all that great, as it was an older product in Covergirl's line and it didn't seem as popular. But after testing this out for about 3 weeks, I can honestly say, I'm in love. I now use this product everyday, either as a base for lipsticks or lipgloss, or on it's own for just a little extra moisture and shine. In fact, I find myself reaching for this more often then my favorite lip balm. Though it doesn't give you any color, it does provide a nice shine and moisture that lasts for hours. This also helps my lipsticks on more evenly and tends to give the product a more expensive pigmented look. I will repurchase as long as Covergirl continues to make this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great lipgloss to have in your makeup bag; it's a great addition to any lipstick or just for a quick pick me up for your bare lips. It's sheer, not sticky and gives the right amount of shine. It does have a faint scent, sort of lipstick-ish but not bothersome or overwhelming. Dirt cheap too. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by knics33

I love the lipslicks line from Cover Girl! I have buying and wearing them for years now. Clear is my absolute go to clear gloss when my lips are feeling dry, but I want a little shine. Also- this is a great base to use underneath lipsticks (especially if the lipstick is drying). The consistency of this is somewhere between a balm and a lipgloss. This also has zero shimmer or glitter- just shine. I have been through several tubes of this (I always keep a tube in my purse) and fully intend on repurchasing as long as they keep it around. Hope CG never discontinues their lipslicks! A+

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overated and overpriced.
CG is not in the UK anymore and finished many years ago which is not suprising really whnen it comes to this product.
I do like the simple packaging but it is very cheap looking and the balm its self is such a delicate sheen that really is not worth even topping up on your lips and I think it is more effective to use any lip balm. This does not seem to have any moisture to help sooth or even coat the lips it just has a slight grease sheen. There is not smell apart from cheapness. Where is the product on my lips? What have I paid for I ask?
I cannot beleive how much this costs just for nothing... Baring in mind I do have transparent but it is almost not there when I slick it on and you dont notice it. I am not expecting colour just expecting to see a balm or an effect. But I see nothing. Perhaps that is the idea but I would rather buy a glossy balm.
This product may be better in colour because it has colour but I hope it has texture or staying power in another colour because it is simply not worth it.
However this would be great for a young girl whose parents wont let her wear makeup as it comes in a lipstic like tube so for that reason alone it is great.
But I dont see any results with this. I wouldnt obther but the packing is a pretty girly pink but thats all there is to rap about.