October 20, 2014 | 1660 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Okiidoke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVE. I have very very short thick hair that has been recently bleached and dyed blue green, so it's been feeling really damaged. I decided to give this a shot and oh my god I'm glad I did. I heard this was only good for thin hair but honestly I think it works well with my thick hair too! I put a little in my hair and comb it through with my fingers and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing it out and it leaves my hair soft and feeling alive again. The packaging is a bit annoying and I may transfer it over to a squeeze bottle but other than that I love this product. My HG conditioner. I'm still getting used to the smell but no one has said it smells bad yet so I'm willing to put up with it for the sake of my hair health. My dad says it smells like cantaloupe or kinda fruity/veggie ish. I don't mind too much. Will definitely recommend to anyone with dry or bleached damaged hair. My best friend has natural hair and she said it works wonders on her hair and scalp too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very recently got lured into the world of LUSH cosmetics by some other online beauty review site, in particular, highly positive reviews on their shampoo bars. I have then looked up reviews from there first and got a few positives about this Retread conditioner as well. What I was not aware of, was the scent of the product, which for some reason, it wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews on that site. It was the first thing I tried out when I went into the store. LUSH SAs are all so bubbly and helpful, it might be easy to leave with more products than you intended. However, I got away with this and the Karma Komba shampoo bar as originally intended.

For reference, because I straighten my hair after every wash, my usual hair routine goes like this: Shampoo-> Conditioner -> Hair mask (Optional) -> hair oil (Schwartzkopf Daily Oil Elixir atm) -> Heat protection spray -> Dry and flat iron.

Anyway, the day after I made the purchase, I have gone ahead and tried out my chosen combination. I have been semi cone-free (I insist on cone-free shampoos, but I wasn't fussy about conditioners), so I was used to the squeaky clean feel after the shampoo bar, and I was not caught by surprise how Retread just seemed to melt into my hair. I have colour treated hair (half way down my back) that I feel the need to straighten with a touch of OCD after every wash. I found it's enough to only use one small handful of product to cover my hair from the ears down, as I apply my conditioners and after-wash products I found it easy to just massage it in with my palms, and leave it in for about 20 minutes. The scent is rather unusual, and I see what other reviewers mean by how it makes you want to retch (only on empty stomach for me), but with my minimal usage, it does not smell very bad afterwards, and dissipates after one night, I barely smell it by the next day, even when I do, it's mildly pleasant. Results? Small handful of product leaves my hair soft, and my split-end prone ends shiny as well. Although my ends are too dead to revive, I noticed that it is less of a struggle to straighten my hair and I find much less broken ends littering my counter when I finished styling. I can now wake up and just wash my face, do my makeup and walk out the door without having to straighten my hair again, because it looks like I was born with straight hair! It even tangle a lot less than it used to. I am very happy with the results I am not going to take off any lippies for the weird smell. So happy with it, I am going to pay LUSH another visit soon and try out their other hair products!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a completely different experience with this conditioner than some of the other reviewers which is unusual for me.
First up mine has the consistency of runny yogurt which sort of melts into the hair. Smell reminded me of really tangy greek yogurt and I did not find it bad at all. Strong yes, but I am not someone who is bothered my strong smells.

I never intended to buy this product as it says on the lush site not to use for flat/lanky hair, i have fine, thin to medium hair that gets greasy and flat on the roots but dry on the ends, but i got this as a free sample so thought I may as well try. Made my hair soft and silky and did not leave any residue behind like some conditioners do which is what weighs my hair down.
Completely surprised by the results and would definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Marisglady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im trying a few hair products from Lush, and so far really disappointed.
My scalp is sensitive and roots are oily, but I have thin long hair that needs all the moisture it can get so the frizz will be controlled and the damage avoided.
I usually use a mild slightly clarifying shapoo, but a rich conditioner on the length and tips of my hair.
Ive tried NEW! bar with retread, and it irritated my scalp.
Now Im trying Squeeky Green with retread and still... dont like.
My roots are actually soft and healthy feeling, but the rest of my hair looks dirty, freezy, dull, not shiny , smooth or soft at all.
? whats wrong? Isnt this supposed to be super deep-conditioning?
And mine is thin in consistency, like yogurt, and doesnt smell bad, just...very sinthetic, but really STRONGGGGGG.
The SA at LUSH suggested me Hsuan Wen Hua to use as a regular conditioner and gave me a sample, and I liked it better. Fells more like I used something after shampooing...
Want to try Blousey next, but Im Afraid my scalp will be to oily...
From what I read and my own experience, Lushs shampoos are really too clarifying and their conditioners too light for me.
Didnt expect that at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I asked for a free sample of this as I didn't want to spend 10 on a conditioner that may not suit me. I have long fine hair with damaged ends and oily roots.

The smell of this is horrible - like cucumbers mixed with old cigarettes. It doesn't coat my hair like other conditioners so I found it was moderately moisturizer but tangled easy. So of course extra brushing means extra damage so I'm back to using Herbal Essences Bee Strong which is much better for my hair.

I don't mind the packaging - you can get your hand in unlike other conditioners. Bad value for money as you need of it for every application. I've come to the conclusion that Lush conditioners are ineffective.

I love everything else however!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went into lush and asked the girls what they recommend for thick but damaged hair, they all agreed I needed retread. I didn't notice much of a smell when I was in the store which I was fine with because my Godiva shampoo has a strong jasmine sent I figured it would be best if it didn't so no clashing smells. However once in the shower my relatively unscented conditioner suddenly changed into the most horrible sent (like really old cigarette smoke) it's fine I told myself I'm sure the sent won't stick to my hair I'm sure it will be fine. I rinsed it out and honestly I really like how it makes my hair feel, nice soft and conditioned not just coated with something, my hair itself felt nice, and that was just one use imagine a few weeks how much this could bring back my hair. however the scent did stick and idk if I will be repurchasing because of this. Even thought I like effects. The only thing that's stoping me from tossing it out is the hope that I can get used to it, and I have R&B which is a leave in with a lovely sent that masks the odor. I'll update if my opinion changes.
(Edit) ok after a few weeks i have gotten used to the smell I'm so glad I didn't give up and toss this because my hair has never been in better shape. My hair now is so soft and shiny. And I haven't used a leave in conditioner in a few days because I simply don't need one. My hair feels completely damage free now and I'll never be without this conditioner. If you can get over the smell it's hg status.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this conditioner and although I like its thickness I find its pretty useless in every other aspect. Yes, it does leave my hair a little softer, but it has a horrible detergent smell. Its not flattering at ALL! I will definitely not be buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this but they recommend you use rehab shampoo with it and i find rehab too drying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this sucks. First of all, it smells bad. My boyfriend who isn't usually sensitive to smells made the most repulsed face when he smelled it. It smells kind of like a musty old pile of dirt? Second, it also doesn't do anything for my hair. My hair is extremely difficult to comb out after I use this which is not what I expect from a conditioner that claims to have all of these oils and whatnot and be super moisturizing. For the price it better be darn good. And it's not. Lastly, the packaging sucks. I'm willing to overlook this for the things from Lush that I actually love, and I understand that they're being sustainable, but it's just not a logical way to package a product that someone is going to use in the shower. Why can't they be sustainable and efficient?
Will not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

My sister gave me this after finding a better conditioner for her hair. I opened it in the shower and nearly puked...the smell is just HORRID. I don't know if I got a bad one or if that's what it smells like, but it smells almost like literal...dookie. Glad this was given to me because I'd never buy it.