April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went into lush and asked the girls what they recommend for thick but damaged hair, they all agreed I needed retread. I didn't notice much of a smell when I was in the store which I was fine with because my Godiva shampoo has a strong jasmine sent I figured it would be best if it didn't so no clashing smells. However once in the shower my relatively unscented conditioner suddenly changed into the most horrible sent (like really old cigarette smoke) it's fine I told myself I'm sure the sent won't stick to my hair I'm sure it will be fine. I rinsed it out and honestly I really like how it makes my hair feel, nice soft and conditioned not just coated with something, my hair itself felt nice, and that was just one use imagine a few weeks how much this could bring back my hair. however the scent did stick and idk if I will be repurchasing because of this. Even thought I like effects. The only thing that's stoping me from tossing it out is the hope that I can get used to it, and I have R&B which is a leave in with a lovely sent that masks the odor. I'll update if my opinion changes.
(Edit) ok after a few weeks i have gotten used to the smell I'm so glad I didn't give up and toss this because my hair has never been in better shape. My hair now is so soft and shiny. And I haven't used a leave in conditioner in a few days because I simply don't need one. My hair feels completely damage free now and I'll never be without this conditioner. If you can get over the smell it's hg status.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this conditioner and although I like its thickness I find its pretty useless in every other aspect. Yes, it does leave my hair a little softer, but it has a horrible detergent smell. Its not flattering at ALL! I will definitely not be buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this with rehab shampoo
love the combo
my hair is dry and colored. this helps tame it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this sucks. First of all, it smells bad. My boyfriend who isn't usually sensitive to smells made the most repulsed face when he smelled it. It smells kind of like a musty old pile of dirt? Second, it also doesn't do anything for my hair. My hair is extremely difficult to comb out after I use this which is not what I expect from a conditioner that claims to have all of these oils and whatnot and be super moisturizing. For the price it better be darn good. And it's not. Lastly, the packaging sucks. I'm willing to overlook this for the things from Lush that I actually love, and I understand that they're being sustainable, but it's just not a logical way to package a product that someone is going to use in the shower. Why can't they be sustainable and efficient?
Will not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

My sister gave me this after finding a better conditioner for her hair. I opened it in the shower and nearly puked...the smell is just HORRID. I don't know if I got a bad one or if that's what it smells like, but it smells almost like literal...dookie. Glad this was given to me because I'd never buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This conditioner doesn't moisturize or smooth my hair. It is very thin, watery and almost dissolves entirely as soon as it touches my damp hair. LUSH associates are always so enthusiastic about the products they sell, but honestly after my last few purchases I just feel scammed.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Flowerbby

nope. never again. it smells like hay/petting zoo. the smell seriously reminds me of goats. and it actually made my hair feel worse. even if it did work I cant get pasted the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Lacquerhead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is quite healthy; I have dry ends, but an oily scalp and have never colored my hair, I also don't use heat very often (once ever other month). I have used this conditioner for about a year, and one tub lasts me about 5-6 months (I use it twice a week).
I absolutely LOVE this, it's thick and creamy and you get used to the scent after a while. it's not the cheapest, but it has been worth it for me.
The reason I gave this 4 lippies and not 5, is because I used this with the rehab shampoo and my hair was always soft and shiny, but now that I have switched to I love juicy, it's gotten dryer. I don't feel like retread gives me enough moisture right now, but it's still my favorite conditioner and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Beccaberetta

I bought this product after a the sales associate suggested it for me. I have thick, mid back partially bleached partially dyed hair. It can be a lot to handle and my ends dry very easily. I gave up using heat on my hair and this product really tames it without any effort. The natural texture has been coming out more and my hair looks stronger. I'm loving the results after only 3 uses! I love the smell as usual with Lush and I love the texture-thick, creamy and heavy but doesn't leave residue in my hair. Can't complain except it is a small pot for the price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this thinking I would use it as an occasional treatment, thinking it was a really heavy conditioner, but I'm now using it with every wash and I'm completely addicted to it. The fragrance is violet leaf... it is sooo refreshingly beautiful. I would almost use it just for that alone, but the conditioning properties are also top-notch. It feels like it's going to be a really heavy cream, but it rinses out cleanly and leaves my hair shiny and bouncy, with no static or fly-aways (my major issues with long, fine hair). I totally love it and will keep using it now, but I hate the pot! I can see where it would be too thick for the normal Lush bottle (itself no prize-winning example of design), but can the company not come up with a squeezy tube? John Masters does conditioners in tubes and is a totally organic company - far higher standards than Lush even with their continued used of SLS etc - so I really don't understand why Lush is wedded to such archaic and ineffectual packaging. But aside from that it works great, so I will put up with the inconvenience.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No