LUSH Retread

3.5

on 7/31/2015 3:56:00 PM

I'm really glad I bought this conditioner! I started using their soak and float shampoo bar (which I love) and the veganese conditioner which was recommended to me by the lady in the store. I noticed after using veganese that my hair was kinda dry. I decided to try the retread and wow, my hair is so soft I can hardly believe it. I think it smells good but I personally hate the smell of artificial fruits and flowers that you find in most commercial shampoos and conditioners. If you are used to silicone free products you might be uncomfortable with it has first. I have a wide tooth comb that stays in my shower for detangling. Such a good conditioner. Definitely won't work for everyone but is perfect for me. My roots can be oily sometimes but my ends are usually dry. I blow dry my bangs and the rest just air dries, I have naturally wavy hair.

on 7/17/2015 3:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm moving toward silicone free conditioners and it definitely take a lot of getting used to (no smooth slippery feeling in the shower). I really like the smell of this! And once my hair dried it looked really smooth with no fly-aways. So far so good.

on 5/1/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time I tried this, may hair was left greasy. I tried again today with about half the amount and my hair is very shiny and bouncy and smells awesome! Try it, just don't use a ton or you may end up greasy

on 4/28/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

ok so this is an "open minder" if you're coming from traditional shampoos/conditioners.
if thats you...listen up ;) the thing to remember about lush shampoos and conditioners is that its a lot like going "no poo" and your hair WILL have an adjustment period. i have mega thick, mega coarse, curly, lonnnggg, pain in the butt hair....and when i first started with this shampoo/conditioning regimen, it was tough, i really thought ok, my hair just can't handle this product.. the only reason i kept on was because i knew in my heart these were all natural products so they weren't coating my hair and i knew from what others said it would just take time.... now presently, my hair is fabulous! i love this conditioner and now after using it and my hair adjusting its no longer too light for me its actually too heavy! i use american cream now which is actually lighter! i never thought id say that! but yes your hair will get worst before it gets better, i could hardly brush my hair for awhile but it was worth it i can honestly say, so give it a shot! my hair naturally retains its pretty curly waves, it smells great, feels light, and overall just looks great!

on 2/1/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So some background on my hair, it's thick, long and blonde. I've been highlighting it for around four years now, and that never damaged my hair, but last year I decided I wanted to be edgy and dye the entire underside dark red. The lady I went to went a little crazy and used like three different super strong colors, and WHAM split-end city. Instantly regretted the dye job, but eh, I got over it.

Two months ago I applied for a job where colored hair was a no-no, but that stupid dye had hardly faded one bit in the year it had been in my hair. So I went out and got me an at-home bleach kit and bleached it all out. And if I thought I had split ends before...

I bought this conditioner about a month ago. Sunday is my pamper day, so face mask, cleaning shampoo, and a deep conditioner. I replaced my old stuff with this.

I want to address a common gripe that I see reviewers have with this: either I got a mild batch, or y'all have extremely sensitive senses of smell. Yeah, it is a kind of odd smell, but it doesn't make me want to puke or like, never use this stuff again. It does stay on my hair after the shower, but it's very faint and not unpleasant.

The first time I used this, I was super disappointed, because I got out of the shower and my hair was a tangly mess. With how long it is, working tangles out can take a lifetime. BUT WAIT. DON'T GIVE UP JUST YET. Because once I worked the tangles out and dried it--WOW.

My hair is super, SUPER soft and shiny and healthy looking, and just WOW. The ends of my hair used to frizz up because of the split ends, but NO MORE. I LOVE this stuff and how it makes my hair feel and look, and it's enough to overlook the tangles and the hardly-a-problem smell. The tangles are to be expected with a silicone-free product, which is something I think some people don't understand.

In conclusion, I'm now using this with every wash instead of just once a week, so I'll definitely be repurchasing soon. I'm pretty addicted to how it makes my hair look and feel.

I got this for Christmas, and after reading a lot of bad reviews on here, I was a bit scared to try it. I did, though, and I am thankful. This conditioner may take a bit of getting used to because of the lack of silicones, but I love it. I have thin and dry hair, but this does not weigh it down at all. I would repurchase. PROS: Softens and conditions hair with no weigh-down, made with natural ingredients, a little goes a long way. CONS: Packaging- though it is sleek and nice- tends to leak. Smell is a bit nauseating to me.

on 12/8/2014 1:42:00 AM

Will never buy this again. I have super long hair and instead of making my hair smooth, this conditioner somehow makes my hair MORE tangled? It takes me 20 mins minimum to comb my hair out after showering. Ugh.

on 10/13/2014 9:16:00 PM

LOVE. I have very very short thick hair that has been recently bleached and dyed blue green, so it's been feeling really damaged. I decided to give this a shot and oh my god I'm glad I did. I heard this was only good for thin hair but honestly I think it works well with my thick hair too! I put a little in my hair and comb it through with my fingers and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing it out and it leaves my hair soft and feeling alive again. The packaging is a bit annoying and I may transfer it over to a squeeze bottle but other than that I love this product. My HG conditioner. I'm still getting used to the smell but no one has said it smells bad yet so I'm willing to put up with it for the sake of my hair health. My dad says it smells like cantaloupe or kinda fruity/veggie ish. I don't mind too much. Will definitely recommend to anyone with dry or bleached damaged hair. My best friend has natural hair and she said it works wonders on her hair and scalp too.

on 10/8/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have very recently got lured into the world of LUSH cosmetics by some other online beauty review site, in particular, highly positive reviews on their shampoo bars. I have then looked up reviews from there first and got a few positives about this Retread conditioner as well. What I was not aware of, was the scent of the product, which for some reason, it wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews on that site. It was the first thing I tried out when I went into the store. LUSH SAs are all so bubbly and helpful, it might be easy to leave with more products than you intended. However, I got away with this and the Karma Komba shampoo bar as originally intended.

For reference, because I straighten my hair after every wash, my usual hair routine goes like this: Shampoo-> Conditioner -> Hair mask (Optional) -> hair oil (Schwartzkopf Daily Oil Elixir atm) -> Heat protection spray -> Dry and flat iron.

Anyway, the day after I made the purchase, I have gone ahead and tried out my chosen combination. I have been semi cone-free (I insist on cone-free shampoos, but I wasn't fussy about conditioners), so I was used to the squeaky clean feel after the shampoo bar, and I was not caught by surprise how Retread just seemed to melt into my hair. I have colour treated hair (half way down my back) that I feel the need to straighten with a touch of OCD after every wash. I found it's enough to only use one small handful of product to cover my hair from the ears down, as I apply my conditioners and after-wash products I found it easy to just massage it in with my palms, and leave it in for about 20 minutes. The scent is rather unusual, and I see what other reviewers mean by how it makes you want to retch (only on empty stomach for me), but with my minimal usage, it does not smell very bad afterwards, and dissipates after one night, I barely smell it by the next day, even when I do, it's mildly pleasant. Results? Small handful of product leaves my hair soft, and my split-end prone ends shiny as well. Although my ends are too dead to revive, I noticed that it is less of a struggle to straighten my hair and I find much less broken ends littering my counter when I finished styling. I can now wake up and just wash my face, do my makeup and walk out the door without having to straighten my hair again, because it looks like I was born with straight hair! It even tangle a lot less than it used to. I am very happy with the results I am not going to take off any lippies for the weird smell. So happy with it, I am going to pay LUSH another visit soon and try out their other hair products!

1/11/2014 Edit: I have recently been using the BIG solid conditioner after Retread, and I have to say, it totally helps with the scent of your hair! My hair feels so soft lately, I totally have no desire to go back to ordinary shampoo and conditioner anymore!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had a completely different experience with this conditioner than some of the other reviewers which is unusual for me.
First up mine has the consistency of runny yogurt which sort of melts into the hair. Smell reminded me of really tangy greek yogurt and I did not find it bad at all. Strong yes, but I am not someone who is bothered my strong smells.

I never intended to buy this product as it says on the lush site not to use for flat/lanky hair, i have fine, thin to medium hair that gets greasy and flat on the roots but dry on the ends, but i got this as a free sample so thought I may as well try. Made my hair soft and silky and did not leave any residue behind like some conditioners do which is what weighs my hair down.
Completely surprised by the results and would definitely repurchase.