September 17, 2014 | 1600 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Marisglady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im trying a few hair products from Lush, and so far really disappointed.
My scalp is sensitive and roots are oily, but I have thin long hair that needs all the moisture it can get so the frizz will be controlled and the damage avoided.
I usually use a mild slightly clarifying shapoo, but a rich conditioner on the length and tips of my hair.
Ive tried NEW! bar with retread, and it irritated my scalp.
Now Im trying Squeeky Green with retread and still... dont like.
My roots are actually soft and healthy feeling, but the rest of my hair looks dirty, freezy, dull, not shiny , smooth or soft at all.
? whats wrong? Isnt this supposed to be super deep-conditioning?
And mine is thin in consistency, like yogurt, and doesnt smell bad, just...very sinthetic, but really STRONGGGGGG.
The SA at LUSH suggested me Hsuan Wen Hua to use as a regular conditioner and gave me a sample, and I liked it better. Fells more like I used something after shampooing...
Want to try Blousey next, but Im Afraid my scalp will be to oily...
From what I read and my own experience, Lushs shampoos are really too clarifying and their conditioners too light for me.
Didnt expect that at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I asked for a free sample of this as I didn't want to spend 10 on a conditioner that may not suit me. I have long fine hair with damaged ends and oily roots.

The smell of this is horrible - like cucumbers mixed with old cigarettes. It doesn't coat my hair like other conditioners so I found it was moderately moisturizer but tangled easy. So of course extra brushing means extra damage so I'm back to using Herbal Essences Bee Strong which is much better for my hair.

I don't mind the packaging - you can get your hand in unlike other conditioners. Bad value for money as you need of it for every application. I've come to the conclusion that Lush conditioners are ineffective.

I love everything else however!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went into lush and asked the girls what they recommend for thick but damaged hair, they all agreed I needed retread. I didn't notice much of a smell when I was in the store which I was fine with because my Godiva shampoo has a strong jasmine sent I figured it would be best if it didn't so no clashing smells. However once in the shower my relatively unscented conditioner suddenly changed into the most horrible sent (like really old cigarette smoke) it's fine I told myself I'm sure the sent won't stick to my hair I'm sure it will be fine. I rinsed it out and honestly I really like how it makes my hair feel, nice soft and conditioned not just coated with something, my hair itself felt nice, and that was just one use imagine a few weeks how much this could bring back my hair. however the scent did stick and idk if I will be repurchasing because of this. Even thought I like effects. The only thing that's stoping me from tossing it out is the hope that I can get used to it, and I have R&B which is a leave in with a lovely sent that masks the odor. I'll update if my opinion changes.
(Edit) ok after a few weeks i have gotten used to the smell I'm so glad I didn't give up and toss this because my hair has never been in better shape. My hair now is so soft and shiny. And I haven't used a leave in conditioner in a few days because I simply don't need one. My hair feels completely damage free now and I'll never be without this conditioner. If you can get over the smell it's hg status.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this conditioner and although I like its thickness I find its pretty useless in every other aspect. Yes, it does leave my hair a little softer, but it has a horrible detergent smell. Its not flattering at ALL! I will definitely not be buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this but they recommend you use rehab shampoo with it and i find rehab too drying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this sucks. First of all, it smells bad. My boyfriend who isn't usually sensitive to smells made the most repulsed face when he smelled it. It smells kind of like a musty old pile of dirt? Second, it also doesn't do anything for my hair. My hair is extremely difficult to comb out after I use this which is not what I expect from a conditioner that claims to have all of these oils and whatnot and be super moisturizing. For the price it better be darn good. And it's not. Lastly, the packaging sucks. I'm willing to overlook this for the things from Lush that I actually love, and I understand that they're being sustainable, but it's just not a logical way to package a product that someone is going to use in the shower. Why can't they be sustainable and efficient?
Will not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

My sister gave me this after finding a better conditioner for her hair. I opened it in the shower and nearly puked...the smell is just HORRID. I don't know if I got a bad one or if that's what it smells like, but it smells almost like literal...dookie. Glad this was given to me because I'd never buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This conditioner doesn't moisturize or smooth my hair. It is very thin, watery and almost dissolves entirely as soon as it touches my damp hair. LUSH associates are always so enthusiastic about the products they sell, but honestly after my last few purchases I just feel scammed.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Flowerbby

nope. never again. it smells like hay/petting zoo. the smell seriously reminds me of goats. and it actually made my hair feel worse. even if it did work I cant get pasted the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Lacquerhead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is quite healthy; I have dry ends, but an oily scalp and have never colored my hair, I also don't use heat very often (once ever other month). I have used this conditioner for about a year, and one tub lasts me about 5-6 months (I use it twice a week).
I absolutely LOVE this, it's thick and creamy and you get used to the scent after a while. it's not the cheapest, but it has been worth it for me.
The reason I gave this 4 lippies and not 5, is because I used this with the rehab shampoo and my hair was always soft and shiny, but now that I have switched to I love juicy, it's gotten dryer. I don't feel like retread gives me enough moisture right now, but it's still my favorite conditioner and I would definitely repurchase.