December 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Polishes - OPI - Nailpolish in Venus di Violet

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Such a stunning, gorgeous lavender-pink duochrome with flashes of hot pink. I love wearing this when I donít what to wear Ė itís a perfect sophisticated neutral with a kick! It has an iridescent finish on the nails and in the light I really notice the flashes of hot pink which make it such an interesting polish. I used it a couple of weeks ago for a stiletto-nail look and got loads of compliments!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Venus Di Violet, I think it's from the Italian Collection and then it was remade when OPI reached 25th anniversary. This color is lavender/pink and it's quite sheer. It has an irridecent coat on top that flashes a cool tone grey/blue color.
I am sure this color is a pretty one and lots of people will like it. However, it's too cool tone for my warm skin tone and it looks really wierd. I try this on for 2 coats but I think you can put as many layers as you like to make it very opaque. It dries very quickly.
I won't buy this again as I don't think I will reach for this color often.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by shiaobundan

Managed to find this shade a few days ago at a local nail salon. Its amaaaazing and worth every penny. It is sheer, but can be built to a pearly opaque. It looks great with one layer or five, the thickness is really your preference. I think this shade is universally pretty and a great go-to polish when you don't feel like being too creative or bold, but still want something with more kick than a basic pink or nude. If you can get your hands on it, I'd definately recommend purchasing more than one since it is d/c.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Ainnir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This color surprised me. I picked this up the other day at Ulta since it looked interesting to me, like a sheer violet. But on the nail it tends to look a lot more pink in certain lights.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this color! You can make it more subtle or put additional coats and make it a dreamy shimmery pinkish lilac color. Will be buying more while they're still available.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by bmk4343

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yay, I just got this at Ulta today - they had some kind of display where they brought back discontinued polishes and I found this! I just put it on and it is a beautiful, fun, classy color. I love the pearly finish with the shimmery pinks and purples. I really like how violet colors look with my skin and this is a good one because it's not over the top violet - so it's appropriate for the office, but still fun. I think I'll go buy another bottle before they stop selling these - I'm so glad OPI brought this one back!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

I received Venus de Violet in a swap and it was exactly what I was looking for in a subtle wearable office friendly polish but still has some kick. Venus is a very pretty sheer pink/lavender that flashes a bit of the same colors but brighter. It's sheer with one coat and gets opaque and white with additional coats. My skintone can't pull off white tones well so one coat works okay for me with a couple of coats of Orly Love Each Other. The pink and lavender tones in LEO play well with Venus. Okay, but not great IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another rave review for this shade! I agree with everyone that said this is the best!! It is a shame that its discontinued. If you can get one, you won't be disappointed. Its an opaque pink/lavender that flashes a brighter pink/lavender.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by debar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a shame that OPI has discontinued this gorgeous color and has nothing else close to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2003 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mensch71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Mom and I swear by this color. It's the perfect sheer pale pinky/ purple. It hides all of the little white lines on your nails (from fills, bumps or poor diet) and it goes well with almost any color you choose to wear. Our nail salon doesn't carry it so we've resorted to buying it whenever we can find it.