Dior 1-Couleur Shadow in Midnight

4.7

on 11/18/2006 3:47:00 AM

Absolutely gorgeous grey shadow, very finely milled, matt colour with blue-violet undertone. The pachaging is slightly out-dated and old-fashioned, but stout. Has a mirror inside, which is good. Very suitable for smoky-eyes effect. Very long-lasting without creasing. The price is high, but the shade is so beautiful and quality is high, that I would buy it again if it runs out.

on 3/5/2004 3:20:00 PM

EDIT - although this is lovely, it's not the best colour for me (I'm a brown gal at heart!) I'm trying to swap this away. ****Original: This is a gorgeous dark gray with a distinctly blue/purpley tone to it - hard to describe but I wouldn't describe it as gunmetal gray personally. It makes my gray/green eyes look more green! Wonderful for a smokey eye. The packaging is great - handy mirror inside lid, and even the foam applicator is not completely rubbish... My only gripe (apart from the price) is that I would have expected it to be longer wearing based on the reviews here! It faded disappointingly within a few hours. That said, nothing wears well on my eyelids & I am currently looking for a base to try and remedy this problem. UPDATE: I've found the solution with Guerlain eye base. I don't use this shadow very often though, it's a little too dark and bluey/purpley in tone, best as a liner really. However, I find it blends well with the taupe and bronze shadows from my Incognito quint to create a more subtle smokey eye!

on 12/23/2003 9:25:00 PM

This shade is part of the new line of single shadows. They're round, and the same size and shape as the center circles of the 5-color shadow palettes. Midnight is the perfect gunmetal grey. It is slightly metallic/shimmery, and works perfectly for a smoky eye look.