July 24, 2014 | 1661 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Shine City

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a clear gloss that was appropriate for office wear over lipstick (not super glittery). Shine City is perfect. I love, love the packaging on these glosses. It's a doe foot applicator. In the tube it looks super glittery and shiny, which it is but that's buildable. I wear it over lipsticks to add a touch of shine, and also make dated, darker colors more approachable. It has the staying power of a typical gloss, so nothing revolutionary. Over time it can pick up the color of your lipsticks but I would never wear it alone so I don't mind. It is thick so thin layers work best with regular reapplication.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really really liked this gloss. I got another colour as a sample and loved the luxurious feel and the gorgeous colour, so when I was looking for a clear gloss I looked at the Super Lustrous line again. This gloss is great, particularly as a topper for a lippy to give my lips some oomph for nights out. It's not overly sticky, although it is thick which I don't mind (though I know some people do.)
Only qualm with the packaging is that if you use it as a cover for lippy it gets into the tube causing it to become all weird coloured and kind of strange looking. For a clear gloss, which I always use as a layering effect, the clear packaging is a little offputting for me. Overall though, gorgeous gloss, and the price is definitely right. Luxe for little!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite high end glosses are Chanel Glossimers, and low end Revlon Super Lustrous. I agree with others who found them comparable to Chanel. Comfortable to wear, not sticky, not drying, stay on long enough. My favorite colors are Shine City and Pink Afterglow (and Cherries in the Glow, which I don't see in the stores anymore but have a few back ups). Shine City is a nice basic clear gloss. In the tube it's not totally clear, there's a hint of pink, but goes on clear. Whatever shimmer is there it's very fine, and not gritty. Have repurchased many times and have back ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mcl89

A great lipgloss and drugstore find! I usually hate lipglosses that are gunky and too glittery because they tend to wear poorly and look cheap, but this goes on very smooth and shiny without looking obnoxious. Better than the MAC lipglasses which are tacky and comparable to the texture of some Chanel glossimers. I was surprised because it looks very glittery in the packaging but the glitters are not gritty at all and very smooth. It looks unassuming and like nothing special in the tube but the shimmers are actually quite subtle- they're just reflective enough to add a nice pop to your lip color. Worn alone on lips, it adds a nice shine and is still appropriate for the day because the glitter is not too apparent. Additionally the texture is great because it doesn't "feel" like a drugstore gloss. It feels just wet enough and smooth, not sticky, but still stays in place. No taste or weird scent. One of the best clear glosses I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a lip gloss user by nature but couldn't help the price at $3.99 CDN b4 taxes. So I decided to give it a try. Love the slight fruity scent plus sleek packaging. Comes with a felt tip sponge wand. Has a very narrow neck at the opening at the top where you insert the wand, so when you take the wand out of the tube it picks up small amount of product at a time so you don't get gobs of product every time you take the wand out of the tube. My only concern with the packaging is that it pumps a lot of air back into the tube when you put the wand back in.

This particular color has a lot of glitter and very light color so when you apply to your lips, you get mostly the shine and not the subtle pink color. It's almost like applying a clear gloss. The shine does last unless you eat or drink, at which time the intensity of the shine may dwindle and you may want to reapply to maintain the same intensity of shine when you first applied it.

0.2 fl. oz or 5.9ml, no SPF, half the size in height of Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss, so it's easy to carry in purse. Will repurchase again but since it does have a good amount of shine for so little, this will last a very long time unless you use gobs of the product each time you apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by LaSlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I've no much words to say. i just can say that this Lip Gloss is perfect to give me the WET, SHINE, GLOW, OILY effect. i always had this Shine City. ;))))

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by beachbeautyboys

Hey girls,
Now I'm the lipgloss type of girl! But I also like GOOD quality gloss on my lip. My saying is: If it's going on your face, it better be good quality, lasts long, and worth it! Your face is the place wherever EVERYONE looks! They first examine your eyes, then your lips! Ever known that? Your lips comes in second place. You gotta make your lips look fab always! - no excuses ladies! Anyways, Revlon is a great makeup brand. I see it as a middle-age woman's makeup brand, but others use it anyways. (LIKE ME) They have some fancy-shpancy stuff including this product. Let me start off by saying the Super Lustrous Lipgloss is something I will buy again! I have 3 of them actually. But, you gotta take your time and check out the color girrrrrl! This color, Shine City, eh....it looked more nude on the package then the effect on my lips! It's shiny, it's lustrous, it gives your lips color. It gives you a nice dramatic effect......but a little TOO dramatic. The shine factor is beyond shiny. You have to put on a LITTLE bit of this lipgloss. I suggest patting it on the lips rather than rubbing it. Rubbing it makes you look not very nice????.. yes, we'll go with that word. The shine of it is way too much. And the color is kind of white rather than that soft pink. Eh, I don't suggest this color. Maybe a red? I love the clear tho! And the price$$$$... it's not that pricey. It fits the results. The packaging is great I guess, just like lipgloss. and it is a SPONGE brush. ENJOY:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I really like the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip glosses. I already have one of these in 'Pink Crystals'? and really liked that one. This is no exception. The gloss is not sticky, yet last's for a very significant time. It's the perfect clear gloss as it's very versatile - can be layered over all shades of lipstick or simply just worn on it's own. It doesn't have a smell. It does have a bit of glitter/shimmer, but worn on the lips it's not tacky and looks pretty. Would purchase again if I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by annahoran

best lipgloss i have ever used. creamy but in no way sticky and really shiny:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mommala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a lip gloss person. I don't look good with alot of color on my lips but need something. I really like this lip gloss. It is not sticky or smelly and doesn't taste funny. It has loads of shine but looks polished, not tacky. The packaging is classy. Close to my favorite Chanel Glossimer, but a lot more cost effective. Have purchased this color several times and also like the Glossy Rose shade - a great MLBB for a more dramatic look sometimes.