Beyond The Zone Color Jamz

2.9

Bought this at halloween in turquoise for my daughters costume (lagoona blue from monster high) we left it.on for perhaps twenty minutes on her long lightish blonde hair. Well now, nearly five months later, its still there! Daily washing, color oops and prell shampoo and she has faded, greenish streaks all through it! We hadnt a clue it would be so tenacious. Shes sick of it, im sick of it and it shows no sign of budging. So be warned, if you want something temporary this might not be the product for you.

on 3/16/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product was awful. I followed the instructions perfectly and when I rinsed my hair all the product was gone. I would never recommend to anyone. Manic panic worked much better.

on 1/25/2015 8:48:00 PM

I immediately began to regret my purchase of this hair color upon reading reviews from various sources online. I seriously debated taking them back (bought three bubble head pink, turquoise, and wild red) and getting similar colors in another brand. Thankfully, I decided to try them out despite numerous negative reviews.

The results of the wild red color jamz were AMAZING. I used this color to dye my husband's hair. We did not follow Beyond the Zone's directions. It is awesome and the color is VIBRANT. Here's what we did:

1. The night before we dyed his hair, we bleached it using blue bleach and sensitive scalp 30 volume developer. He has dark blonde virgin hair so we didn't have to lift it but 2-3 levels to achieve a pale blonde color. It took 30 mins (roots last) to apply and we let him sit under a shower cap until the hair was the desired color (checking every 10 mons or so). We then rinsed the bleach out with a neutralizing shampoo twice and conditioned it twice with a purple conditioner. We put a dime size amount of leave in conditioner in his hair.

2. The next day we colored with the wild red color jamz. Upon opening the squeeze bottle I was seriously worried the wild red was more magenta than fire engine red like the color swatches at the store had suggested, so I mixed a half a bottle of wild red color jamz with a quarter size dallop of adore's jet black semi perm dye in an attempt to make it darker.

3. I started to apply the wild red in small sections of 100% air dried hair with a tint brush. I made sure to get as close to the scalp as possible and throughly saturated the hair. I then combed the color through with a fine toothed comb and wiped any excess back on the piece of hair I combed through.

4. Once I was done applying the color in the previously stated manner, I then clipped the hair up and threw a shower cap over my husband's wild red soaked head.

5. My husband left the dye and shower cap on for 4-5 hours then rinsed with warm water until the water ran clear. He conditioned but did not shampoo.

6. The color is FABULOUS. The color swatches at the store were not quite accurate, but the color is absolutely awesome (regardless) and we were incredibly happy with the vibrant results. It was supposedly a fire engine red color but it turned out a vibrant crimson red. Definitely red, not pink. I'm not sure how much the black dye contributed to that though.

Tips:

Don't pay attention to Beyond the Zone's directions about applying the dye (follow the patch test though). The hair should be totally air dried prior to application of this dye.

Leave on as long as possible if you want vibrant, longer lasting results. I like to leave semi perm dye on the hair for 4-6 hours, sometimes more.

For best results, use on pale, bleached hair.

Just prior to use, avoid conditioners. Shampoo, air dry, apply dye. If you must use conditioner (we did), don't use a lot.

Work in small sections while applying color and heavily saturate the hair!!! I highly recommend a tint brush and fine tooth comb to get every last hair.

Use some heat from a hair dryer after applying the dye while waiting to rinse it.

Wash dye out with cool water and do NOT shampoo immediately after process.

We will most definitely be buying this product again.

on 8/21/2014 5:21:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this in the crimson color, it is the cheapest colorful hair dye at Sally's

The packaging is great, it has a nozzle and is easy to squish down. (unlike nrage, nrage is very hard to get all the product out of)

The product comes out with ok vibrancy but doesn't last too long.

It is great if you don't want much commitment.

on 8/3/2014 11:17:00 AM

Tripped up torqoiuse turned green after about a month and then stayed stained in my hair for the next three months after washing it daily and using several vitmin c treatments. Even though I wanted it gone I kept it becuase it didnt look that bad. I would not buy agian.

on 7/26/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using color jamz for the past few years to get "exotic" colors. They have alway worked just fine. But no matter how light your hair is naturally I would recommend bleaching it, cause then your hair will hold the color better. And I normally leave mine in anywhere between 4-6 to over night. Depending on how light or dark the color is... The color says in for months, it bearly fades... I have to end up bleaching it out and yet there is still a slight shade of the color... I highly recommend this dye to everyone who wants exotic colors that last for more then just a few days...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My daughter is already pretty blonde, so we bought this because it says "semi permanent". We asked if it needed a developer and were told no. She had it in her hair for almost 2 hours, we did put it on dry hair. When she got out of the shower there was absolutely ZERO purple in her hair what-so-ever. I am deeply dis-satisfied and would never buy this again. I expected more from Sally's. The last purple we got was so vibrant and brilliant, she was complimented daily for months. This is a huge disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Do yourself a favor and get Ion semi permanent color Brights if you actually want the color to last. If you want it to be very temporary or just as a refresher to your color than it's fine i suppose but if you actually went through the process of bleaching your hair to keep a vibrant unnatural color in your hair to last longer you will be disappointed if you get this

on 11/27/2013 7:18:00 PM

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE DYE! I wanted teal hair, so I went to Sally's to pick up some dye. I was originally planning on getting Ion Color Brilliance, but I saw that Color Jamz were on sale for 3 for $10, so I got these instead. The smell is pretty nice, I'll admit, but this stuff is really godawful. First, I bleached my hair to a pale orange with a 20 volume developer. After that, I put the dye in my dry hair and left it in for 2 hours. Every last bit of color went down the drain. Literally. There was not a trace of color left in my hair. I wasn't prepared to give up just yet, so I put it in again, put on a shower cap and left it in for about 9 hours. When I got up in the morning to wash it out, the results were even WORSE than before. It left a pale, vomit green in my hair, like I'd dyed it seafoam green and let it fade for 2 months. I'd hesitate to even call this garbage dye with results like this. If you want to dye your hair a bright color, stick to Manic Panic. It's worth the extra money, really.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a good hair dye :) but it doesn't work on everybody's hair so yea... And I wouldn't advised following the direction(well expect for bleaching your hair) but yea I would recommend putting this on dry hair, and leaving it on for a few hours, for me it makes my hair pretty bright when I use this so I recommend

Popular Hair Products