Philosophy Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

4.3

The Microdelivery Peel: Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate. Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/30/09

on 2/25/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was going to write a meh review until I realized I've bought this at least 5 times! I think it does even skintone. For me using it the traditional way (serum on after the crystals)works best. It's pricy so I end up waiting between purchases. I think I'm going to try to be consistent and use it weekly. The best results occur when something works and you stick with it.

on 1/16/2015 4:39:00 AM

This is my HG chemical exfoliator. No matter what I've done to my face, whenever I use this my skin becomes baby soft. I tend to ignore the instructions and use the liquid and massage that on to my face first, then I add the peel/scrub, putting some more of the liquid there. I didn't know that this wasn't how you were supposed to do it, but it's what works for me. Also, to get a full peel, I use it twice in one day (although only once a week) to get the full effect. It's just so darned expensive but it's the best chemical exfoliant I own.

on 1/12/2015 5:20:00 AM

The Microdelivery Kit is a chemical exfoliator and I didn't see much difference in the clarity or brightness of my skin. It did feel smoother after I used it but not dramatically so.

I do have quite tough skin, so perhaps that is why I didn't enjoy much benefit. However, I will not repurchase since it's expensive.

on 12/8/2014 6:23:00 AM

Bought this off of Sephora as a birthday present to myself. I am in love. My face feels so much smoother and brighter, I noticed results immediately. I love the citrus smell as well. I was worried my skin would get irritated but it didn't. The directions are really easy to follow. Moisturize right after use. This is def one if my fav go to beauty products

on 10/31/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I do my facials at home on a weekly basis. My go to scrub/peel is Dr. Dennis Gross alpha/beta pads or PTR glycolic gel with Exfoliakate.

I did like the end result of this peel. Skin appear brighter and definetly smoother. I just find the step one product a little to grainy for my liking.

If my usual peel was unavailable I would purchase this again. As for now it does not replace my current routine.

on 10/3/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was promoted as a 'complete skin makeover in just 3 minutes'. With vitamin C/ Peptide resurfacing crystals, it is said to exfoliate while delivering vitamin C and peptides into the skin. As the beauty assistants were demonstrating the products on our hands, I was quite impressed when I felt a warm sensation, as if the product was really working. I was also loving the citrus scent coming from the scrub as well. I could immediately see why so many ladies love this product so much.

Later when I actually did some research, I found that the warm sensation was actually just an acid-base reaction which we all know, gives off heat. In Step 1 was the sodium bicarbonate ( commonly known as baking soda) which is slightly alkaline in water, while step 2 was the salicylic acid, which, according to Paula's Choice, is pH 2. So don't be fooled by the warm sensation ladies!

However, out of all the products I tried there, I believe that this was the product that delivered what it promised the most; exfoliation. Not the vitamin C or the peptides, but namely the crystals which acts as exfoliating beads as well as the combination of salicylic acid and lactic acid. The combination of the three would guarantee smoother skin per every use. Salicylic acid or BHA, is a common acne-fighting ingredient as it exfoliates into the pores and surface of the skin to fight blackheads, whiteheads and acne. Lactic acid is the gentle AHA that exfoliates the outer surface of the skin, making your skin smoother. You can see why this combination of acids and crystals works well on so many others. With the additional warming sensation and the citrus smell, this is definitely a pampering treat for the skin- if you can tolerate the price tag of SGD $ 109.

continue reading on at: http://claudlyy.blogspot.com/2014/10/philosophy-brand-impression.html

on 10/1/2014 8:43:00 AM

Absolutely phenomenal, better than a facial. Lifts off dull skin, shows off vibrant new skin underneath and I glow for about 2 days after use. The feeling is also fantastic (the vitamin c scrub followed by the warm activating liquid) leaves the skin feeling so good! I use this once a week on the weekend as a treat to myself. Note you do need to moisturise after this and do something to control shine sometimes but usually ok.
It is expensive but definitely worth it. If you are unlucky to have super sensitive skin it may not be right for you, but I am acne prone and it has never broken me out.

on 8/30/2014 8:39:00 AM

This treatment does magic!I have very sensitive skin and can stand very few cream/serums so I was reluctant to buy it.In the end I tried following the reviews of MUA: I am amazed with the results!No redness,skin renewed,glowing with health: a new me in front of the mirror.I am hooked!

on 4/3/2014 10:37:00 AM

Im a so excited to write a review for this BEYOND amazing product!
I have 3 backups thats how much I believe it in. It is quick, efficient and it works. It really makes your skin brighter, clearer, better and whatever is it this, works. I am not a product sheep I am however willing to try things ONCE and then make my own decision. This product has so many good reviews, I did not know whether I was smelling bullshit or INDEED this was a seriously great product???

I use it 1-2 X per week and will ALWAYS continue to purchase. It is worth every penny and while other type scrubs are way too rough ( this is partially a scrub, amongst other things...), this one acts in a different way which you have to try to understand...

Take the bigger container with the orange smelling scrub sugar looking substance, rub it on your face, neck gently for 30-60 seconds.... then put the vitamin liquid all over it...let it sit 2-5 minutes ( instruction says 2-3 but I do 5 to achieve full benefit lol)

Then scrub it a little more..rinse and moisturize.
Simply amazing product! GLOWY, fresh skin is the result.

on 3/26/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome at home peel. My face always feels soft and clean after using. I've only been using it a few nights a week for the past few weeks. I am starting to see some spots fading.

Popular Treatments (Face)