Philosophy Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

4.3

The Microdelivery Peel: Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate. Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/30/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have acne-prone skin, and recently got really impressed by Philosophy's microdelivery scrub...it gave me a hope to discover more staples cant-live-without. I bought this with hopes of purging some deeply clogged pores that prevailed the test of time. Instructions indicated to apply 1- (vit c scrub) without rubbing on skin. So I gently pat this citrus-smelling fine granules over face, waited half a minute before anxiety sets in to apply 2) - (clear liquid 'activator') There's some warming action while awaiting for the stipulated time. Upon washing this off, my skin felt softness on another level. Nothing like a regular scrub could achieve. I would think it dissolves some lurking sebum from surfacing, my skin was supple enough if I wanted to do some extractions, it just feels clean without drying out my skin. My usual Estee Lauder's ANRS2 would follow after. My night time, clear-skin routine is this peel + ANRS2, alternating with Kiehl's Biological peel. It keeps my skin sane. The clearest it has been. So far it feels like I found the perfect routine.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm not brand loyal unless it's truly miraculous with visible difference. And I've purchased this peel 4 or more times already. It's that good! It really makes a difference. My skin feels soft and glows after using this. The glow can last few days afterwards. Love this product! I will continue to buy it regardless if the steep price.

The reason I would not repurchase is Olay makes a similar product.

This works okay, but I wanted everyone to know if you have gel or acrylic nails, you'd better wear gloves. The chemical reaction oxidizes your manicure!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I found Olay to have a similar product that worked the same.
Honestly neither gave great results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't like this product at all. It gives me a smooth surface for a few days, but it makes me so shiny that my mother calls me a discoball, and it makes my skin oily because my skin starts to absorbs anything after using this product. And I don't even have oily skin, and use a very light moisturizer. Because of that oil production, and how thin it makes my skin, it causes makes me breakouts everytime.

I would only recommend this for dry, non-acne skin. Or for people who have a special event and want to have smooth, healthy looking skin for that event. Mostly for older, calmer skin.

Also, would recommend it for places where you get ingrown hairs, it prevents them, but for that price there are better things out there really.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

love this

Really like this product, gets your skin feeling fresh and extra clean compared to basic cleansing.

Be careful with over scrubbing tho, it could leave your face a little redder then you'd like.

Also the small container with the second part liquid is a little hard to gauge in terms of how much you should you and if it'll balance out towards then end, (if you'll have enough later on)

Smells okay, light. And great for days your skin feels like it needs a little extra TLC.

Would buy again if it wasn't for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was going to write a meh review until I realized I've bought this at least 5 times! I think it does even skintone. For me using it the traditional way (serum on after the crystals)works best. It's pricy so I end up waiting between purchases. I think I'm going to try to be consistent and use it weekly. The best results occur when something works and you stick with it.

This is my HG chemical exfoliator. No matter what I've done to my face, whenever I use this my skin becomes baby soft. I tend to ignore the instructions and use the liquid and massage that on to my face first, then I add the peel/scrub, putting some more of the liquid there. I didn't know that this wasn't how you were supposed to do it, but it's what works for me. Also, to get a full peel, I use it twice in one day (although only once a week) to get the full effect. It's just so darned expensive but it's the best chemical exfoliant I own.

The Microdelivery Kit is a chemical exfoliator and I didn't see much difference in the clarity or brightness of my skin. It did feel smoother after I used it but not dramatically so.

I do have quite tough skin, so perhaps that is why I didn't enjoy much benefit. However, I will not repurchase since it's expensive.