October 22, 2014 | 1667 users online

Styling Products - Jessicurl - Rockin Ringlets

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by yazzofizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Even though this product isn't ideal for my frizzy messy hair, it can work. I don't know if it is something wrong with my hair haha, but I like it because it is better then having nothing.
When I use it it defines my curls and hold them. I use it with confident colins. The bad thing is that it dosn't leave my hair with soft curls or anything, just really looking like good curls with a kind of wet look.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, I have baby fine hair which curls really well with Ouidad Moisture lock leave in. I wanted something that would enhance, define curls while holding it. This left my hair very stringy, flat, tangled. It was almost as if I put elmers glue in my hair. I was so disappointed. I thought it was my fault for not knowing how to use it. I came on here (which I should have done before ordering) to find others are having problems so feel a little better :)

update 7/20 Using Ouidad Moisture lock leave in and plopping I am able to get spiral curls in the front with waves in the back. I wish I knew why I could not get either the Rocking Ringlets or the Spiral product to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, this product has given my hair the best "hold". I'm 3a/3b in curls, very long, heavy, low porosity, course and colored every 4 weeks. Works like a charm. No complaints at all. Love the citrus/lavender scent too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by honeylamb21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a 32 oz. container of Rockin' Ringlets. I was a fool to spend $40 (well, $50, including shipping) for what is essentially boiled flax seed mucous mixed with epsom salt. I stored it in a dark, temperate, hallway cabinet, away from the heat and humidity of the bathroom. After three months of use, the gel has gone rancid. It now has that wet-dog smell of mildew. The Island Fantasy fragrance, initially tropical and delicious, has changed over time, becoming sickeningly-sweet and syrupy. The product provides mediocre curl definition and hold, all of which is gone completely by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has a great smell that doesn't linger for the entire day after you use the product. It makes my thick and coarse 3a/b hair shiny and well-defined. The rockin' ringlets also plays well with other products with other lines and didn't give me flakes or buildup.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by kohout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love what this product has done to my curls. I, like others, use it in conjunction with Confident Coils. Of the two, this brings out the SHINE!! wowo. I wish I could post a photo of it.
To those who are not fond of the magnesium sulfate used in both products, but have purchased them.. I have heard Darcy's Botanicals Natural Curl Curling Jelly is a great alternative to Confident Coils. Or use a leave-in or hair oil to equal out the possible drying effects from the mag sulfate(basically just epsom salt).
I, personally have had no problem with the mag. sulfate- I use a leave-in before I use the two...but have gone without it and have been just as fine (the two are moisturizing enough for my low porosity hair).
It is definitely worth a try. It brought out my curls in the loveliest of ways... I'm too scared to try KCCC because you cannot use oils or butters before/after using their products..and I am in love with oils and butters! (I use them often, especially on 2nd/3rd day hair)
Ibought my RR in citrus lavender. The Citrus Lavender scent is divine. Definitely more citrus than lavender..the lavender smells like true lavender oil, so don't expect a "soft" French Lavender.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

This product rocks! Well, at least in combination with CCSS :-). For some reason I need to use both products for my curls to look good, either product on it's own is not enough.

It's quite runny in consistency so I've had quite a few spillages which is a bit annoying but on the plus side it's so much easier to distribute it through my hair when it's runny. I need to bend my head downwards and scrunch it in, I do that twice and then lift my head up and scrunch in CCSS. Beautiful ringlets every time.

The only negative is that it's so expensive and hard to get. I'm now living in Ireland and have to order it from abroad at exorbitant shipping prices :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lilvalval

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first couple of times I tried this, I hated it. It made my hair stringy, lifeless, and curls...less curly. HOWEVER, I gave it another chance recently and am IN LOVE! I realized that much much more product is needed than I used when I first tried it. I now find that for my thin-medium thickness, mid-back length hair, I need to use about 5 - 7 quarter size dollops. The product is very thin, so it seems like a lot, but its really not. Sooo, if you try this product and don't like it again, try it one more time and use much more than you think you need. ...which is ok because its not a super expensive product...especially compared to the Fekkai, Pureology, Halo, Bumble Bumble, etc products that I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only styling product that whips my fine frizzy mess into soft waves. I apply it to soaking wet hair after rinsing conditioner and then plunk in a microfiber towel or t-shirt. I leave it for 10 minutes before applying some Jessicurl Confident Coils and then re-plunk for about 10 more minutes. Viola! Beachy waves with minimal effort. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Dalix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just found this product line and it has completely changed my hair. I can't say enough good things. This gives shine and light control, you should use it in combination with the Confident Coils to lock in the curls. If you go to her website there are videos on how to style it, you have to blot your hair and tie it up for a 5 mins or so then just let it air dry and you get really nice curls that last.

Actually I wash it at night and sleep on it wet and somehow it still comes out pretty nice! The best thing is the products don't lose their effectiveness after continual use. I've been using them for about 3 months now and my hair just looks healthier.

This is for curly hair only and be prepared to experiment with amounts, I used 1 puddle of RR and 1/2 puddle of CC. I have just past shoulder length thick hair, between 2A and 3B.