Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets

3.8

on 4/15/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a curl enhancer to use underneath styling products that promises to boost waves into ringlets, and I have to say that claim is absolutely true for my hair! I have hair that averages out to 2c (wavy bordering on curly), but there are some 2a and 2b patches, and Rockin' Ringlets makes my hair pattern look more uniformly 2c-3a (loose ringlets). It's runny and brownish in color but doesn't stain my hair. I apply it generously (pay no mind to the instructions that tell you to use a quarter-sized amount and use whatever amount works for your hair).

It contains magnesium sulfate, which can be drying, but I counteract that with a rich leave-in. Like all curl enhancers with Epsom salt, it can enhance curls and waves you already have, but cannot give you waves if you have stick straight hair. I use the unscented version, which I appreciate because it doesn't clash with my other products. I have already repurchased and will continue to do so.

However, do note that this product contains few preservatives, so the scent starts to smell increasingly "off" within a few months, and that smell tends to be in the direction of unwashed butt crack. No joke. Order the sample size first to see how you like it and how much you need for your hair so you'll know if you'll be able to get through a full-sized bottle within about 6-7 months.

on 9/27/2014 5:40:00 PM

Even though this product isn't ideal for my frizzy messy hair, it can work. I don't know if it is something wrong with my hair haha, but I like it because it is better then having nothing.
When I use it it defines my curls and hold them. I use it with confident colins. The bad thing is that it dosn't leave my hair with soft curls or anything, just really looking like good curls with a kind of wet look.

on 7/12/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, I have baby fine hair which curls really well with Ouidad Moisture lock leave in. I wanted something that would enhance, define curls while holding it. This left my hair very stringy, flat, tangled. It was almost as if I put elmers glue in my hair. I was so disappointed. I thought it was my fault for not knowing how to use it. I came on here (which I should have done before ordering) to find others are having problems so feel a little better :)

update 7/20 Using Ouidad Moisture lock leave in and plopping I am able to get spiral curls in the front with waves in the back. I wish I knew why I could not get either the Rocking Ringlets or the Spiral product to work.

on 4/21/2013 4:25:00 PM

So far, this product has given my hair the best "hold". I'm 3a/3b in curls, very long, heavy, low porosity, course and colored every 4 weeks. Works like a charm. No complaints at all. Love the citrus/lavender scent too.

on 4/2/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product has a great smell that doesn't linger for the entire day after you use the product. It makes my thick and coarse 3a/b hair shiny and well-defined. The rockin' ringlets also plays well with other products with other lines and didn't give me flakes or buildup.

on 4/27/2010 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love love what this product has done to my curls. I, like others, use it in conjunction with Confident Coils. Of the two, this brings out the SHINE!! wowo. I wish I could post a photo of it.
To those who are not fond of the magnesium sulfate used in both products, but have purchased them.. I have heard Darcy's Botanicals Natural Curl Curling Jelly is a great alternative to Confident Coils. Or use a leave-in or hair oil to equal out the possible drying effects from the mag sulfate(basically just epsom salt).
I, personally have had no problem with the mag. sulfate- I use a leave-in before I use the two...but have gone without it and have been just as fine (the two are moisturizing enough for my low porosity hair).
It is definitely worth a try. It brought out my curls in the loveliest of ways... I'm too scared to try KCCC because you cannot use oils or butters before/after using their products..and I am in love with oils and butters! (I use them often, especially on 2nd/3rd day hair)
Ibought my RR in citrus lavender. The Citrus Lavender scent is divine. Definitely more citrus than lavender..the lavender smells like true lavender oil, so don't expect a "soft" French Lavender.

This product rocks! Well, at least in combination with CCSS :-). For some reason I need to use both products for my curls to look good, either product on it's own is not enough.

It's quite runny in consistency so I've had quite a few spillages which is a bit annoying but on the plus side it's so much easier to distribute it through my hair when it's runny. I need to bend my head downwards and scrunch it in, I do that twice and then lift my head up and scrunch in CCSS. Beautiful ringlets every time.

The only negative is that it's so expensive and hard to get. I'm now living in Ireland and have to order it from abroad at exorbitant shipping prices :-(

on 6/1/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The first couple of times I tried this, I hated it. It made my hair stringy, lifeless, and curls...less curly. HOWEVER, I gave it another chance recently and am IN LOVE! I realized that much much more product is needed than I used when I first tried it. I now find that for my thin-medium thickness, mid-back length hair, I need to use about 5 - 7 quarter size dollops. The product is very thin, so it seems like a lot, but its really not. Sooo, if you try this product and don't like it again, try it one more time and use much more than you think you need. ...which is ok because its not a super expensive product...especially compared to the Fekkai, Pureology, Halo, Bumble Bumble, etc products that I've tried.

on 4/26/2009 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the only styling product that whips my fine frizzy mess into soft waves. I apply it to soaking wet hair after rinsing conditioner and then plunk in a microfiber towel or t-shirt. I leave it for 10 minutes before applying some Jessicurl Confident Coils and then re-plunk for about 10 more minutes. Viola! Beachy waves with minimal effort. Yay!

on 1/25/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just found this product line and it has completely changed my hair. I can't say enough good things. This gives shine and light control, you should use it in combination with the Confident Coils to lock in the curls. If you go to her website there are videos on how to style it, you have to blot your hair and tie it up for a 5 mins or so then just let it air dry and you get really nice curls that last.

Actually I wash it at night and sleep on it wet and somehow it still comes out pretty nice! The best thing is the products don't lose their effectiveness after continual use. I've been using them for about 3 months now and my hair just looks healthier.

This is for curly hair only and be prepared to experiment with amounts, I used 1 puddle of RR and 1/2 puddle of CC. I have just past shoulder length thick hair, between 2A and 3B.