Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Mineral Oil, Water Purified, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Paraffin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sodium Borate Lanolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140), FD&C Yellow 6 (CI 15985), FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), FD&C Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 3/17/2015 8:26:00 PM

This product gave me TERRIBLE hives. I used it a couple times before they started, but now I have itching, burning red hives all over my arms, legs, and torso less than a week after my first use. Hoping I can get a refund.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Goodbye, raggedy cucticles and alligator elbows!
This works great for cracked, rough and sore skin. (The first ingredients are: mineral oil, water, beeswax, and paraffin.) Make no mistake, this is not lightweight lotion-- it is a thick and heavy balm. I have to warm it up, slather it on, and rub, rub, rub it in. BUT it is WORTH IT! I am left with contented, glowing, and protected skin for hours. Once it is dry, the finish is like an oil. Smooth and sheeny, but not sticky.
The smell: I avoided this for a really long time because of the chocolatey/nutty scent. I personally don't like dessert-like scents, but once worked into the skin, on me at least, this changes to a mild "warm and cozy" fragrance. It does smell sweeter on my mom though...Test it out maybe?
If you are like me and really like a thick cream for your hands before bed, you simply must try this!
FYI: although this is labed for face as well as body, I have never tried it as a moisturizer. Just hand and body!

on 9/4/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

May as well just buy a tub of Vaseline and use that instead. This product smells o.k but does NOTHING to moisturize the skin. I have dry skin and this just sat on top of my skin. I'm just glad it was cheap as I bought the mini version. Straight into the trash it goes.

on 7/16/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I picked up a tub of this at Walmart because I'm always on the lookout for "cheap and cheerful" body lotions, creams and butters that I can slather on freely and not feel I'm going to break the bank (and I can save my pricier products for more special occasions or when I truly feel the need for pampering). I also like Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, so figured this would be a pretty good product too. I love applying this heavily all over my feet and then topping with a pair of cotton socks before bed. And it's lovely after a shower and leaves a nice, dewy glow on my skin. I can't imagine using this on my face - just too rich and too filled with stuff that doesn't sound too appealing to me. I'm also not wild about the smell. I was really expecting something that smelled of cocoa butter, like Palmer's cream. But the scent is at least fairly innocuous. Great and affordable product, so you don't need to worry about being a bit lavish with this.

on 7/14/2014 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I personally like the fragrance of this cream. It reminds me of tanning oil. I also loved the way it made my skin look and feel- dewy and soft...BUT, it made my skin break out in an itchy rash. So disappoining.

on 7/13/2014 5:10:00 AM

I love this stuff. It helped calm my irritated eyes after I used an eye wrinkle cream. Light scent, great texture, applies nicely and absorbs well. I don't like the tub it comes it. I realize that "cremes" probably need a tub, but it's just not hygienic. I, however, would definitely repurchase this if I lost it or it ran out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This mid-priced product is highly moisturizing and keeps working all day. It has a pleasant fragrance, is widely available at stores like Walmart and Walgreens, and is great for the entire family. I must say that I have been using this stuff for over 20 years, because my parents always had it in the house. A lot of the other cocoa butter brands, such as Lucky and Personal Care, don't really last as long as this one does. However, the scent is a bit offensive. Maybe next formula they could make it less strong.

on 5/18/2014 2:42:00 PM

This thing smells gross. Not like chocolate like others say and if it does then chocolate mixed with some other chemical smell. I didn't use this consistently as a lotion because it doesn't sink in quickly so I just feel oily and stinky for too long. So why did I give it a three? I use it as a massage lotion on my boyfriend. Since it doesn't sink in quickly it works better for this purpose than other lotions and it's less expensive than massage oils. I think I've gotten used to the smell because it doesn't gross me out anymore but I still wouldn't use it as a regular lotion since it takes too long to sink in.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used this to prevent stretch marks during my pregnancy, for about 2 months. I hardly got any stretch marks so this was awesome for that. It's rather smelly, like cocoa butter or chocolate. It's rather thick and greasy too. I would like this but I think I am allergic to it. At the end of my pregnancy my skin started peeling and itching. After pregnancy I used this on my hands and they started to become rough, dry and hurt. I think I am allergic to this stuff.

on 5/13/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a review for Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme. I bought this creme to use on my feet and hands at night before bed. I really like to slather it on my feet and put on some fuzzy socks after (: It smells like cocoa butter for the most part but I can smell something weird in it as well, which isn't the greatest.
The first ingredient is also mineral oil so that might be what the smell is. It's not unbearable, but a little bit like gasoline to me.
The tub says: "This replenishing, luxurious skin creme blends rich natural cocoa butter and pure lanolin to quench and relieve moisture starved skin. Protects from dryness caused by over-exposure; helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles; and relieves discomforts of itchy stretched skin during and after pregnancy. Massage and adequate amount onto hands, face or body."
Personally I wouldn't want to use this on my face but I do enjoy using this on my neck and decolette area. I bought it for $4 at WalMart. Overall, I'd buy again, especially in wintertime.

Top Rated Queen Helene Products