September 3, 2014 | 1000 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Queen Helene - Cocoa Butter Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up a tub of this at Walmart because I'm always on the lookout for "cheap and cheerful" body lotions, creams and butters that I can slather on freely and not feel I'm going to break the bank (and I can save my pricier products for more special occasions or when I truly feel the need for pampering). I also like Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, so figured this would be a pretty good product too. I love applying this heavily all over my feet and then topping with a pair of cotton socks before bed. And it's lovely after a shower and leaves a nice, dewy glow on my skin. I can't imagine using this on my face - just too rich and too filled with stuff that doesn't sound too appealing to me. I'm also not wild about the smell. I was really expecting something that smelled of cocoa butter, like Palmer's cream. But the scent is at least fairly innocuous. Great and affordable product, so you don't need to worry about being a bit lavish with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by hey_con

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally like the fragrance of this cream. It reminds me of tanning oil. I also loved the way it made my skin look and feel- dewy and soft...BUT, it made my skin break out in an itchy rash. So disappoining.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It helped calm my irritated eyes after I used an eye wrinkle cream. Light scent, great texture, applies nicely and absorbs well. I don't like the tub it comes it. I realize that "cremes" probably need a tub, but it's just not hygienic. I, however, would definitely repurchase this if I lost it or it ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by esotericsquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mid-priced product is highly moisturizing and keeps working all day. It has a pleasant fragrance, is widely available at stores like Walmart and Walgreens, and is great for the entire family. I must say that I have been using this stuff for over 20 years, because my parents always had it in the house. A lot of the other cocoa butter brands, such as Lucky and Personal Care, don't really last as long as this one des.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

This thing smells gross. Not like chocolate like others say and if it does then chocolate mixed with some other chemical smell. I didn't use this consistently as a lotion because it doesn't sink in quickly so I just feel oily and stinky for too long. So why did I give it a three? I use it as a massage lotion on my boyfriend. Since it doesn't sink in quickly it works better for this purpose than other lotions and it's less expensive than massage oils. I think I've gotten used to the smell because it doesn't gross me out anymore but I still wouldn't use it as a regular lotion since it takes too long to sink in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this to prevent stretch marks during my pregnancy, for about 2 months. I hardly got any stretch marks so this was awesome for that. It's rather smelly, like cocoa butter or chocolate. It's rather thick and greasy too. I would like this but I think I am allergic to it. At the end of my pregnancy my skin started peeling and itching. After pregnancy I used this on my hands and they started to become rough, dry and hurt. I think I am allergic to this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme. I bought this creme to use on my feet and hands at night before bed. I really like to slather it on my feet and put on some fuzzy socks after (: It smells like cocoa butter for the most part but I can smell something weird in it as well, which isn't the greatest.
The first ingredient is also mineral oil so that might be what the smell is. It's not unbearable, but a little bit like gasoline to me.
The tub says: "This replenishing, luxurious skin creme blends rich natural cocoa butter and pure lanolin to quench and relieve moisture starved skin. Protects from dryness caused by over-exposure; helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles; and relieves discomforts of itchy stretched skin during and after pregnancy. Massage and adequate amount onto hands, face or body."
Personally I wouldn't want to use this on my face but I do enjoy using this on my neck and decolette area. I bought it for $4 at WalMart. Overall, I'd buy again, especially in wintertime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

I absolutely love this cocoa butter creme - it is the best on the market hands down! It is extremely moisturizing and it will relieve the driest skin. I use this religiously in the summer, especially if I'm on a beach vacation, as it prevents peeling in the event that I do get a little too much sun. It has a cocoa butter smell, which reminds me of the beach! I don't really use it on my body during the winter. I use Nature's Gate Papaya lotion which does the trick for me. I know that sounds counterintuitive due to winter being the driest of all seasons, however, it is a very heavy creme and I don't like getting it on my clothing. I use it daily on my hands year round. I keep a small jar in my desk at work and it keeps my hands so soft and supple. You cannot beat the price of this either. Dirt cheap. It is greasy when you first apply it, but it absorbs into the skin pretty quickly. I've never tried this on my face, as other reviewers have stated, so I cannot say how well it would work on the that area. I also love the fact that this product is not tested on animals nor does it have a ton of nasty chemicals or preservatives. Ingredients: Mineral oil, water, beeswax, paraffin, cocoa seed butter, sodium borate, lanolin, stearyl alcohol, fragrance, yellow 5 & 6, red 33 & 40. I don't get too freaked out about mineral oil or paraffin due to the fact that toxicity levels for both ingredients are fairly low. I wish Queen Helene would take out the fragrance and coloring, as I don't believe they are really needed, however, there are far worse chemical-laden products on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

This stuff is the BEST. I have terribly dry skin all over my body that gets itchy and flaky in the winter with the occasional eczema flare-up. I tried Eucerin, Cerave, Lubriderm, every OTC lotion in the market. My scratching drives my husband insane! Since I started using Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme over a year ago in its giant tub, I haven't had any more eczema flare-ups or itchiness! I couldn't believe it. My skin feels constantly moisturized and never itches or flakes. This is on my body, btw, I haven't used this on my face. It smells delicious, is creamy not greasy, and absorbs within a few minutes and dries to a supple, slightly damp finish, not quite 100% dry which is my preference. Quick absorbing lotions seem to disappear and and trap no moisture. Dirt cheap, smells great, and works amazing. A+.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by AshieeeTheZombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this stuff for a few days, and it's amazing. My face wash dries out my face very bad, so I put some of this on it and by the next day, my skin is creamy and smooth. It actually clears up my acne, as well. I applied it to my neck, chest, legs, and elbow last night, and when I woke up this morning, my skin was baby soft. I have no complaints, whatsover.