April 18, 2014 | 959 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Queen Helene - Cocoa Butter Creme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this to prevent stretch marks during my pregnancy, for about 2 months. I hardly got any stretch marks so this was awesome for that. It's rather smelly, like cocoa butter or chocolate. It's rather thick and greasy too. I would like this but I think I am allergic to it. At the end of my pregnancy my skin started peeling and itching. After pregnancy I used this on my hands and they started to become rough, dry and hurt. I think I am allergic to this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme. I bought this creme to use on my feet and hands at night before bed. I really like to slather it on my feet and put on some fuzzy socks after (: It smells like cocoa butter for the most part but I can smell something weird in it as well, which isn't the greatest.
The first ingredient is also mineral oil so that might be what the smell is. It's not unbearable, but a little bit like gasoline to me.
The tub says: "This replenishing, luxurious skin creme blends rich natural cocoa butter and pure lanolin to quench and relieve moisture starved skin. Protects from dryness caused by over-exposure; helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles; and relieves discomforts of itchy stretched skin during and after pregnancy. Massage and adequate amount onto hands, face or body."
Personally I wouldn't want to use this on my face but I do enjoy using this on my neck and decolette area. I bought it for $4 at WalMart. Overall, I'd buy again, especially in wintertime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

I absolutely love this cocoa butter creme - it is the best on the market hands down! It is extremely moisturizing and it will relieve the driest skin. I use this religiously in the summer, especially if I'm on a beach vacation, as it prevents peeling in the event that I do get a little too much sun. It has a cocoa butter smell, which reminds me of the beach! I don't really use it on my body during the winter. I use Nature's Gate Papaya lotion which does the trick for me. I know that sounds counterintuitive due to winter being the driest of all seasons, however, it is a very heavy creme and I don't like getting it on my clothing. I use it daily on my hands year round. I keep a small jar in my desk at work and it keeps my hands so soft and supple. You cannot beat the price of this either. Dirt cheap. It is greasy when you first apply it, but it absorbs into the skin pretty quickly. I've never tried this on my face, as other reviewers have stated, so I cannot say how well it would work on the that area. I also love the fact that this product is not tested on animals nor does it have a ton of nasty chemicals or preservatives. Ingredients: Mineral oil, water, beeswax, paraffin, cocoa seed butter, sodium borate, lanolin, stearyl alcohol, fragrance, yellow 5 & 6, red 33 & 40. I don't get too freaked out about mineral oil or paraffin due to the fact that toxicity levels for both ingredients are fairly low. I wish Queen Helene would take out the fragrance and coloring, as I don't believe they are really needed, however, there are far worse chemical-laden products on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

This stuff is the BEST. I have terribly dry skin all over my body that gets itchy and flaky in the winter with the occasional eczema flare-up. I tried Eucerin, Cerave, Lubriderm, every OTC lotion in the market. My scratching drives my husband insane! Since I started using Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme over a year ago in its giant tub, I haven't had any more eczema flare-ups or itchiness! I couldn't believe it. My skin feels constantly moisturized and never itches or flakes. This is on my body, btw, I haven't used this on my face. It smells delicious, is creamy not greasy, and absorbs within a few minutes and dries to a supple, slightly damp finish, not quite 100% dry which is my preference. Quick absorbing lotions seem to disappear and and trap no moisture. Dirt cheap, smells great, and works amazing. A+.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by AshieeeTheZombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this stuff for a few days, and it's amazing. My face wash dries out my face very bad, so I put some of this on it and by the next day, my skin is creamy and smooth. It actually clears up my acne, as well. I applied it to my neck, chest, legs, and elbow last night, and when I woke up this morning, my skin was baby soft. I have no complaints, whatsover.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by kkdlite

This creme is very thick and rich and a little goes a long way. The texture is somewhat oily, that is to be expected in my opinion. It absorbs quickly after being adequately applied to the skin. No complaints from me about the texture.
The product made my hands and elbows baby soft within minutes and kept them hydrated for a long time, even after multiple hand-washings. This is something that normal lotions can not do for my skin.
This product will be one I go to when I need the extra hydration and smoothing especially during the winter months.
The only drawback is a small one, the smell of this product is a weird artificial chocolate smell, but it goes away very quickly! Not a deal breaker by any means.
The 15 oz. tub was about 5$. A very good price for something that will last a long while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Something tells me this product is good. The texture, 'no animal testing', simplicity of ingredients, decent price, etc.
I tried it and it worked well, even for my face. No breakouts.

The smell is just too awful....like rancid coconut or some rotting vegetable. Disgusting. I tried masking the smell with an essential oil, didn't work. Would have preferred if this product was 'fragrance-free' instead of this bad odour.
I cannot get past the stink of this product. Too bad.... :(
Please make this product 'fragrance-free'!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by aimeeaf

I am head over heels for this stuff. Let me first start off by saying this is a body creme and not a lotion, and although you can use it daily, it's a deep conditioner. I will use this stuff usually 3 times a week, and often times even more during the summer. Due to the mineral oil, it feels and appears to be extremely greasy when you put it on, but I find that it's soaked into my skin within an hour. (I'm pretty sure the results gonna vary due to how dry your skin is.) It smells sooooo good, on a hot day I'll slather it on all over and just soak up the sun! And so cheap too. At least give it a try, it's around $2 at my Wal-Mart so the price won't kill your wallet.

PS - I gained a little bit of muscle over track season, and my hips got terrible stretch marks. I looked like a zebra. 3 weeks later, I can hardly see them :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went through 3 jars for my first pregnancy and I'm doing the same right now for my second. I LOVE it. I didn't get any stretch marks and i put on about 50 lbs!! Every morning after showering, i use the butter creme everywhere, concentrating on my stomach, thighs, lower back and hips.
It leaves the skin smooth and moisturized. Yes it's a bit greasy and the smell is a bit weird and unnatural (like a cheap suntan lotion) but it works soooo well!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is ok. I get really dry itchy skin. Its alittle on the greasy side so i only put it on at night before I go to bed. I can't say that its bad because I probably have to use it throughout the day to see more improvement. I put that I would buy again because I probably would until I find something better.