September 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Wild Lettuce Complexion Soap [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this soap. Since i usually only write fragrance reviews i'll just concentrate on the scent of the soap. It does not smell like your average bar of soap. It has a very earthy wild scent to it hence the name Wild Lettuce. It really does smell like lettuce in a way. Kind of maybe like walking through a lettuce patch in the middle of nowhere with dark, almost black, soil nuturing the roots of this vast field of wild lettuce you are walking through. I also like the dark brown color of the bar too. It adds to the mysteriousness of the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

I love wild lettuce complexion soap equally well as garden tomato!
    It lathers up very well and cleans well. But it won't wash off waterproof foundation/ mascara. My face doesn't feel dry or flaky afterward. Has this been discontinued? Since it's not listed on their website anymore, and I bought a batch of 3 off ebay (3 will last me at least a year). It has a light, earthy scent (I've no clue if it resembles wild lettuce.. never seen a wild lettuce in my life). The only downside is that the soap is grainy, through-out the soap it has hard little grains, but will go away (melt) if you rub the soap between your palms. I figured they will be great as a face exfoliator and started to rub the bar in circles on my face. Always 2 thumbs up for Burt's Bees minimal packaging. Will repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ennisprettykitty

I got over my whole bars-of-soap-are-evil phobia with bb's mint shower saop.I was changing my skin care rountine a while ago, open this, used it once and never thougth ny mroe about it.I bought Dermaogica's special gel cleanser, and for a while this was good, but for a finish my congestion aroud my chin was getting worse and my skin felt dry and tight and just didn't heal at all.So i switched back to this, and im really glad i did:)It leaves my skin soft and smooth with no tightness in the slightest.It realy helps with the congestion, which if on your chin is caused by hormones.My skin is touchably soft, has started to heal and no longer peels.It is also great value for money as a large bar costs just €10.00 and will last you aaages, compared to dermalogica's €30.00 which doesn't seem to last.I just dont like the fact is needs to be stored in a soap dish and this is the only area it looses marks for me.I will def repurchase, and am planning to try one of their mosturisers soon:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

This is a great soap! Cleans thoroughly and never dries out my combination skin. It works really well when I get an occasional pimple. I recommend using it after you've removed your makeup, especially eye makeup, since it just smears eyeliner. Other than that, it's a great soap at a great price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this soap. It is the only one that EVER touches my face. It absolutely cleans, yet is not harsh and does not strip my sensitive skin. I like to use it to remove the residue from my cleansing cream. I would not use it to remove makeup. I love the natural smell. I have an inventory of 12 bars in my closet. The last time I found a soap this terrific was by Shiseido and the big meanies discontinued it. Thank god for Burt's Bees. Also love the royal jelly eye cream, almond hand cream, carrot night cream and the Evening Primrose Oil neck and decollete (will review separately). I think all their products perform well beyond the price point for the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by bonita29

I actually have this in the shower right now. While I do not like the scent, I like the product and use it on my face and décolletage when I shower. It does not dry my skin out and I like that it is all natural.I would recommend it as my boyfriend likes to use it in the shower too. He is a guy that is afraid of girlie stuff, so he sees a bar of soap and likes to use it on his face. So if he likes it, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Aisha_Cat

great smell and cleans well without drying, good stuff! but probably wont repurchas as still prefer milk cleansers

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 11:51:00 PM More reviews by noradar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hope this one never goes away - it's cheap, a bar lasts forever, it lathers up well and has a good, fresh, earthy, natural scent; it removes heavy m/u and it deep cleans w/out drying - I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Wildflower583

I bought this in a sample pack with the Garden Tomato soap and I'm not sure which one I love more! They are both incredible. I love how clean this makes my skin and how soft as well...it isn't drying at all. I don't mind the smell...it's kind of refreshing. Between this and the tomato soap along with the tomato toner and the pore refining mask all by Burt's Bees...my skin has improved dramatically. the texture is much smoother and softer and breakouts are less. Would definitely recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin, and this soap made it worse.