September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Funny Face

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

Lovely fuchsia lipstick with a purple shimmer. It's a semi-matte and I love this formula because it doesn't shrivel your lips like the usual matte lipstick does but you still get the longevity. Although this is more of a spring/summer colour, I love wearing this during the fall. Of course, I do get into the dark lip too but for times when I want something brighter, it's Funny Face.

My only qualm about choosing a NARS lipstick is the smell. It's not a completely unpleasant smell but it smells a bit herbaceous to me and sometimes I can't stand it. The smell on the lips is definitely not as strong as in the tube but when you apply lipstick, you've gotta open the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what else I can say that hasn't already been said about this gorgeous lipstick. I recently purchased and and fell head-over-heels for the color, texture and staying power and because it's such an incredible lipstick, on all fronts, I felt I should put in my two cents. If you're fair and want a 'statement' lip color, check this one out. (As a side note: for some reason, I cannot wear red lips without feeling that I'm in costume, so when I want my lips to be the focal point, I gravitate towards bright or deep pinks. If this sounds like you, then run, don't walk, to your nearest Nars counter!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous color for anyone with fair skin! Its a bright, blue toned, fuchsia color. Good staying power, fades to a nice stain. Makes me skin look brighter! If I put no other makeup on, a swipe of this lipstick makes me look completely put together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I was really just joking around when I tried on this color. It looked like it would be completely over the top and ridiculous but my opinion was completely changed when I tried it on and I ended up buying it. This is a bold and bright fuschia but it has an elegance to it so that it looks classy, not cheap. At the same time it can look very edgy. It's like the fuschia version of a beautiful bold classic red. I've had this for a few years and I love it more and more with time. It is very pigmented, wears well and fades well. I like to apply one layer, blot and apply a second layer to make sure it wears well. It fades evenly and it leaves a kind of even stain on your lips. As with most traditional lipsticks, I do recommend using a lip pencil to outline the lips (and/or fill in if you like) to avoid any feathering around the edges. Even though this is a matte lipstick, the color is really not flat. As with most Nars lipsticks, I find there is a lot of depth/complexity to the color that makes it extra special. My lips get dry easily, so I won't say that this lipstick is very moisturizing, but its not bad either. The packaging is very modern like all of Nars packaging so its definitely worthy of being pulled out of your purse for touch ups in public (if that's your kind of thing).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Okay, lord help me. I love this color because my inner ratchet can rejoice in colors for summer while I still look classy. it looks very expensive (it is, nars pricing is ridic) and lives up to expectations. I wouldn't wear it to the club (too dark) nor work (too bright) but somehow I still love it. its good for everything else where you will be seen. I was afraid it would be too 90s power tie color but the brightness complements my tan skin so well I look much more well rested.

btw you need lip liner because you will quickly cross the line from class to trash without it. just take the time.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oooooeeee! I love the bright pink fuschia shade of this lipstick. Very J. Crew spring 2011(?). It is an eye-popping hot pink with decent staying power..... Matte as hell, so it may dry those little smackers up. I have always loved NARS lipsticks for some reason, and i believe this one would be a great addition to your collection. I will definitely repurchase this shade!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by imgracekelly

I have a love hate relationship with this color. It's very pretty, but I have to be careful about when I wear it (in terms of what my skin tone/level of tooth whiteness looks like). I'm sure it looks better on some people than it does on me. That said the quality is nice and the color goes on smoothly with a few swipes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by crisup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this lipstick from all points of view, in particular I love the color, which personally is my perfect fuchsia. It 'a very intense fuchsia, darker than a shocking pink. The finish is bright and smooth and durability is very good.
If you have fair skin have no fear!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, what a beautiful lipstick. It is FUCHSIA. I am usually pretty conservative with lipstick- usually a nice berry or a rose. Maybe I'll whip out a retro red. But this lipstick caught my eye and I actually thought to myself "I'll try this on just to see how wacky this looks." But to my surprise it was incredibly flattering to my fair, cool skintone. It goes on very satiny, but doesn't feel dry. It's a very cool color, but my two bridesmaids- one very fair with slightly golden undertones, and another with a little more olive skin- both wore it, and it looked great on both of them as well! For people like myself who might be a little scared to wear a bright shade, try this. You might be surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Mzunga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolute staple. A bright colour that doesn't go on garish, and feels satiny rather than drying and matte or shiny and cheap. Really wearable.
Nars is my go to brand now for all things colorful...