October 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Curl Conscious Calming Creme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I wanted to get the B&B curl creme for fine hair even if my hair is thicker, but I still remember that Bumble's creamy products are heavier. In salons they use a palmful (nearly) on me but I don't blow dry my hair and I think there is something different that goes on there in that case. This can feel quite waxy as it dries in my hair- I try to rumple it into my hair, (I continue scrunching my hair throughout the day) and while it definitely gives my hair a MUCH thicker, voluminous feel, I'm not sure that it's "curlier". I'm trying to swap this away now, so if you're interested, write me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by RagDollDance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very fine but thick hair, with curls that tend to frizz, and I color my hair quite frequently. I have been using this product for nearly five years now, and it is my "go to" curly hair product. First using the Ouidad moisture lock leave in conditioner, then a good dollop of the curl cream, and I am good to go on even humid Philly days. Add it to hair that is still almost dripping wet- don't dry too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by laschnauzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had it for 8 months and my conclusion is that it wasn't worth the 30 bucks spent on it. This creme did nothing to control frizz or volume. I have the Bumble & Bumble Straight shampoo and the conditioner and I figured that if I used products from the same brand it would help some, specially because the shampoo and conditioner were sulfate free but - nah.
My hair was exactly the same and even after doing 2 keratin treatments this product did nothing on volume.
Moroccan oil is a better option.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by aclockworkjanet

This is a hair necessity for me, I have thick, longish hair that's fairly coarse, especially the underneath layer. This product eliminates the frizz and makes my hair both soft and wavy, after applying it I let it air dry without even scrunching it. The only problem is that for my hair, at least, it takes a fair amount of product to actually achieve results. It ends up balancing out for me because I don't have to wash/style my hair every day, it usually lasts for three to four days, but if you shower every morning I would consider going with a cheaper option.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by missascloset

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely do not know what I would do without this product. My hair is extremely thick and kinky, and this product has done wonders on my hair. I have found over the years that it works best using very little near the roots and more as you go down, the opposite of some of the products I have used. Overall, this is one of the styling products that I never hesitate to drop the $$ for.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nance8979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine (but thick) curly hair that is very prone to frizz. I scrunch this product into my hair after my leave-in conditioner and a serum. I finish it off with a light gel. I put all my styling products in while my hair is dripping wet. I then plop my hair in a microfiber towel for 15 minutes or so.

This product is only so-so for me. It does a decent job defining my curls and reducing frizz, but I've tired better stuff. Also, CG should be aware that it has silicones in it, so you will have to clarify after using it.

I will finish the bottle, but I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by OCWannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Did leave my hair soft and held the curl however it didn't define my curls anymore than me using no product. I've used it 5 times now and tried a few different things and pretty much have gotten similar results each time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HGHGHGHGHG.

Only thing that keeps my lions mane tamed. The key to using this is when you hair is wet. Don't wrap you hair in a towel. You want it damp. Leaning more wet than dry. You also want to use a little bit of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by SeptemberxChild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry, curly shoulder length hair that's normally super frizzy. When I use just a tiny bit, this product keeps my hair pretty well under control. I don't find it to be greasy at all and it's great for making spiral curls using a diffuser. Also leaves a nice, soft finish.

Definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by alicegreene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thin to medium texture 2a wavy hair, shoulder length.

This product handily achieves the following objectives:

Hair feels coated
Look like thin strings
Hair color becomes one shade darker
Become heavier, lying flatter against the head
Will not absorb a volumizing product (because of the oil content of the product, I assume)

After having tried this product about 14 times--varying different amounts and methods of application--I'm giving up. Why did I keep trying to use this product 14 times? Awesome question.

Because it's fantastically expensive.