October 20, 2014 | 859 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Schiap

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryyy

I learned about Schiap through a person I followed on Instagram. She has a tan complexion so this looked so gorgeous on her. My skin is a tad lighter than her so I thought "I'll take the plunge" and bought this color, with the fear it could be similar to Candy Yum Yum or Pink Pigeon by MAC.

When it came via shipment (I bought it on Nordstrom.com) along with Shanghai Express and once I got my hands on Schiap. Did a swatch on it, and compared it to Candy Yum Yum...

I was surprised, from afar it looked similar and while Candy Yum Yum is a Matte, I was impressed that Schiap is semi-matte so it didn't feel chalky on my lips even with moisturizer on my lips. Schiap to me seemed bold, yet at the same time was toned down just a tad bit to where I can rock it at work with a simple neutral/taupe eye look, while not looking like I'm out clubbing. Schiap didn't appear to have an undertone where Candy Yum Yum had a pinky tone and Pink Pigeon had a blue undertone. Schiap, in my opinion had a neutral tone to it where it is quite versatile.

because it is new, (I'm weird for this) I don't touch it for a good two weeks before I feel it is time to crack it open and use it. I used it as of yesterday and I am wearing it as we speak. it terms of how much to apply, believe it or not, if dabbed lightly the color is pretty demure and it comes out as this adorable flush of pink. If slathered on, it becomes the bold color as it appears on the stick.

Photos will arrive on my profile soon :)

Do I recommend this? YES :) But that is only if you enjoy bolds, deciding to take the plunge like I did, or you want to begin using bolds. But I also recommend it to anybody who wants, what I look at this lipstick as, a two in one lipstick. Where u can wear it lightly but also layer on for a bold color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by amymirandamakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THIS IS A GREAT bold color excellent for those who have dark hair or black hair. Think of Kim Kardashian before she bleached her hair.. She looked amazing with this lipstick.
I usually mix this color with a different shade from Nars to tone it down if my hair color is not dark.. I mixed it today with Rouge Basque believe it or not. Check my youtube video to see how the final look came out. I did the entire face using only nars products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Glamrgirl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most glam lipstick ever! I bought both the schiap lipstick and polish...what a fabulous pair! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I went without buying this for years because I didn't need it, but the pigment of this hot fuchsia pink just does something for so many skin tones. It radiates pink and isn't too cool or warm toned. I also like that the formula doesn't move around.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by monicargonzalez

I am really surprised I like this so much!! I have been picking up this lipstick up and then putting it down at Sephora for a very long time. I just seemed too blue toned for my warm complexion. I thought it would look clownish and silly...but NO!! When it mixes with the pigmentation on my lips it just creates a really beautiful, bright, yes, but not garish shade of pink. I love Nars lipsticks and I think they are a serious step above in color and formulation than MAC. I love MAC, but the Nars matte lippies just go on so smooth and stay put throughout eating and drinking. So glad I finally got it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A lot of people have been complimenting whenever I wear this. So I guess it really does suit my skin tone. I feel it is just like your ordinary lipstick, and it really looks just like any regular lipstick, nothing much. I also don't like how it glides on my lips it's a bit dry. But I would give it 4 lippies coz I get compliments a lot. Or maybe I'm just not a fan of pink lipsticks anymore and I see that there are far more better shades out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MissMeggiebeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This color is beautiful! It's a little difficult to apply (because I have very light skin and not well defined lips), but it looks beautiful on! It looks great for hours, and stays on through meals. It's a perfect fuchsia!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is something awkwardly classy about this bright pink lipstick that sets it apart from others. I just think it is the perfect shade of pink - it's brilliantly vivid and opaque. It's a blue based pink lipstick, so it works well for my cool undertones. Being fair-skinned, I didn't see a bright pink lipstick in my future as most I have tried are too warm for my complexion.

I feel in serious lust with this after seeing it on the Sephora website and scoping it out on beauty blogs. It just makes me happy. For me, this is more of a 'night out' or special occasion lipstick because it's just so fun for a party! I'd recommend investing in a lipliner, just to make sure your edges don't get messy (it's such a bold colour that it will be easy to see when it smudges, as with a red lipstick). A good lipliner to try would be either Urban Decay 'Wicked', or MAC 'Magenta' Lipliner. This has semi-matte finish which I really like, as I lean more towards matte lipsticks in general. However if you aren't into matte lipsticks, it's good to note that this isn't very drying as it still retains some creamy consistency - as opposed to being a straight matte product.

Beaauuttiffullllllllll must-own shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Fritremer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really fall in love of this lipstick, it stays a long time, even after a snack or meal, it´s quite expensive but i will buy it again!! and the color it´s just lovely!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by 4Bella

Perfect bright pink lipstick with blue undertones. Looks beautiful with Yu lip liner.