December 20, 2014 | 1474 users online

Treatments (Face) - MD Forte - Glycare Perfection Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very runny so you need to be careful or you'll end up getting too much product. I like to spot treat when I feel something brewing under the surface and calms things down overnight. I applied directly onto dark post-acne mark and it lightened over time. Gradual improvement with discoloration from sun damage and few red spots that seemed permanently embedded. Even dry skin gals can use this without over-drying or stripping skin of its moisture. Only because I use this gel in target areas this will last me for three years. Can't imagine putting this all over my face. Too sticky and too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

The perfect combo of salicylic and glycolic acids. I use it as a night treatment with eye cream under the eye area. Really keeps the pores clean and skin clarified. Seems to be working to keep my hormonal chin acne under control too. I've never had a bad experience with MD Forte products. They're no nonsense, reasonably priced, and they work. EDIT: After about a month this stuff is still working great. I use it twice a day now. I put it on in the a.m. under my powder foundation and I haven't had a break-out issue yet. I wish the tube was bigger, but even at $28 a tube, that's a dollar a day for clear skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by justforfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using Paula’s Choice 2% Liquid AHA up until November and unfortunately, this product worsened my skin. Paula’s Choice has great customer service, though, and they refunded me without any questions. After reading all the rave reviews, I decided to order some products from MD Forte. I used their Facial Cleanser II and Facial Lotion II three years ago, but I stopped because “natural” and “organic” was all the rage and I was advised to stop using ‘harsh’ chemicals on my skin. I believe that was a huge mistake because I can remember telling my friends to purchase from MD Forte because I was so happy with the results back then.

So, I ordered from skinstore and used the 20% off coupon that a few reviewers had mentioned (thanks! it worked!). On Christmas Eve, I received my products: Glycare Cleansing Gel, Glycare Perfection Gel, Glycare II, Replenish Hydrating Cream, Facial Lotion III and the Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-masque. With the overnight shipping and tax, I think it came to around $115 or something, which is pretty good if you ask me. That day, I began the regimen for my oily/acne prone skin which can be found here: http://www.skincare-md.com/index.cfm?event=mdforteregimen (you can find the regimen for your skin type) and also used the mask for 15 minutes after cleansing. I should add, however, that this regimen is not advised by MD Forte, but by skinstore, and MD Forte advises that you develop a regimen with your physician or dermatologist – and for good reason too! The first week was like hell for my skin. There was A LOT of purging: my skin was very tingly, the glycare perfection gel, in particular, gave me a burning sensation for the first few days, and I got 4-7 hard pimples on my face (when I usually have 2-3 smaller and manageable ones). However, the first day I used it my mom said that my skin looked better so I think that the mask worked very well and the replenish hydrating cream made my skin velvety smooth. So, purging is to be expected with this regimen, however, if you were using MD Forte II products before, I don’t think it will be as bad. The only reason I went straight to Level III is because I used Jason’s 12% aha gel and PC’s 2% and my skin is very oily, so I thought it would be okay.

Anyway, this past Tuesday, it was officially the second week I had been doing the regimen and even before realizing that, I noticed how much more even my skin has gotten. My face is noticeably smoother, my pores are smaller and my skin tone is more even and I can only thank MD Forte for that. Also, one test I do to see how well the product is working is to do some whitehead extractions on my nose (the white stuff beneath your skin that you can’t really see) and there was a lot less white stuff that came out than before which means that the products are really exfoliating, deep cleansing and rejuvenating my skin. I am really excited to see the full results on week 6 or after the 2 month mark!! I have a lot of scarring and it is definitely fading, and even today my friend said that my makeup looked really good (which has EVERYTHING to do with the canvas you’re putting it on) and I noticed a lot more men looking too ;)

I was going to wait until after 6 weeks of using the products to write a review, but I am so pleased with the results so far that I want you all to know about it. If you have acne or oily skin, do yourself a favor and try MD Forte products and if you’re really gung ho, use the full line like me! It is winter, so using sunscreen is probably not as important as the summer, but you should still get in the habit of using a sunscreen if you are using these products. I use the Vichy 60 SPF (I know its a lot but its weather resistant to) – I put it on after the replenish hydrating cream, and then as a last step I use Cover FX primer before putting on my makeup (cover fx concealer).

Anyway, I will update this review in 4 weeks or if I happen to notice a big change in my skin before then.

P.S. For those who will also do the regimen or use MD forte products, I saw a tip on the website that said that you can do a few glycolic acid masks to speed up the skin renewal process and then you will get clearer skin faster. I definitely don’t have money for that, but to those of you who do, I suggest you talk to your derm about that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff works! Since I have started using M.D. Forte Cleanser (II) I decided to try another product from the line. This gel has 1% salicyclic acid and 10 or 15% glycolic acid (I believe). The gel has been quite helpful at clearing out my clogged pores and healing acne much faster than drugstore products. MD Forte is affordable for the amount of product you get and the level of effectiveness.

ETA: 8/15/09- I'm adding a lippie because this gel has been working wonderfully this summer! It is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG Spot treatment for hormonal acne. Seriously, it's the only spot treatment that ever works on my breakouts. I've tried them all. Clinique, Oxy, Persa-gel, Clean and Clear, Murad etc. This is the ONLY thing I will use now because it works. MD Forte mskes excellent products. Most of the Glycolic acid products are a bit harsh for my dry/combo, sensitive skin but this stuff is something I do not live without. If you breakout worse after you start using this, you may be using too much on too big an area. This is for spot treating, not for use on the whole face. You may also break out from using this if you are allergic to SA's or Glycolic's, so read your ingredient list first before using. Personally, I think people who don't read ingredients enough. We all have different skin and need to be aware of our allergies.

The Glycare perfection gel will also overtime diminish acne scars. To me it is a necessity in my arsenal. I no longer use BP products and just use this. I do wish the nozzle was smaller, but just be careful when you start squirting it out and you will not waste too much.

Glycolics are really good for women with hormonal problem acen, folliculitis and young men with hormonal acne. Our problem rely on the fact that we cannot get rid of dead skin cells fast enough and our turnover rate is hampered by the hormone fluctuations. I also think that if you have sensitive skin you should try a 10% Mandelic acid before stepping up to Glycolics. They wll clear you up but you have to give them time to do their magic. 6-8 weeks minimum.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love using this as a spot treatment when necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2005 12:36:00 PM More reviews by candleberry

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for treating areas that are prone to blackheads/whiteheads/clogged pores. I like the BHA/AHA combo. Even though I have dry skin, I did not find the gel formulation to be overly drying. Great to spot treat pimples also, gets rid of them much faster than other things I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by kbayless

I bought this product after reading reviews about it on MUA. I tried it for about 3 weeks, but found that I was breaking out more and it wasn't clearing up my old acne either. Just put it in the mail to return....so much for "perfecting" my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2005 10:01:00 PM More reviews by bingbing

I was recommended this by a friend and so far, so good.

I'm not a fan of the tube packaging with a big blunt opening because it wastes some product. I'd prefer a smaller nozzle, that aside, it's been keeping any emerging zits under control.

I had a big bump forming on my cheek the other day and tried this for the first time. I put it on day and night and the bump retreated! I'm happy! I hope this keeps up the effectiveness continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

I think that md forte is the best all-around skincare line available. This works well to control oily skin and help with breakouts.