November 28, 2014 | 1288 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Pink Sugar

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Chianti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazingly successful blind buy! I usually don't buy fragrances unsniffed, but I read somewhere if you like Philosophys Falling In Love (my current favorite) then you'll enjoy Pink Sugar. I was very reluctant to buy it because many reviews stated it has a sweet-burnt sugar/caramel-licorice scent, definitely NOT my type of fragrance. I usually reach for fresh, aquatic, citrusy, floriental scent. So I took the plunge and bought it. First impression, WHOOOAAAA it's strong, sweet with strong licorice note, I wasn't sure if i hate or like it. Tried again and again and it quickly grew on me and fell in love with PS. This is perfect for winter and bedtime because it's warm and comforting. Yummm!!!

For reference my favorite fragrances: Sensi White Notes, Amazing Grace edp, Falling In Love edp, Summer Grace, Acqua Di Gio
Dislikes: BS Fantasy, Gucci Flora, JS Fancy Love, D&G Pour Femme, Gold Sugar, HM Pink Butterfly edt

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Got this as a sample spray in one of those monthly beauty kits. It is okay....has a definite bakery-type scent to it. To me it seems geared towards junior high school age girls or very young women. If you like sweet, bakery type smells, you might like this. I like sweet bakery smells, however there is some note in this that to me is just 'very young'. I also feel it's expensive for a perfume that does not stand out from the crowd or is not 'unique'. The bottle does not look like the expensive bottle that it is, it looks like a drugstore dupe-type of bottle. But if you like cutesy things and really sweet bakery type smells, you might like this. I did not hate it, just thought it was ridiculously overpriced for what you get, which to me is nothing better than a drugstore perfume, and the smell was really nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by DodgerDasher

I looove this. It smells like black licorice for a short amount of time, then starts to smell like cinnamon rolls and vanilla. It is so good. The sillage is decent and the scent lasts for about half a day, fading quite a bit. The only bad thing about this is it makes me crave cake and cinnamon rolls. Nobody has given me an outright compliment, but I noticed guys tend to act more friendly towards me when I'm wearing this. Nothin' wrong with that!

I first bought this 7 years ago from Ulta when I was 16. Either I got a bad bottle, or my body chemistry is different now, because I remember it smelling just like burnt plastic, licorice, and something sour when I sprayed it on. So I hated this for years and I'm happy I can finally enjoy it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I love all things pink and glittery, and I feel that this perfume fits into that category. It is so intoxicatingly sweet that not everyone is going to love this perfume, but that's okay. Though I have yet to meet a man who does not love the smell of this stuff. Upon first spray I do not like the scent. On me it opens with a strong licorice scent. After twenty minutes or so that subsides and develops into a heavenly burnt sugar that is warm and comforting. I find it is quite long-lasting. By the end of the day it has definitely faded, but its always still there lingering on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK I am middle aged so marketing says I should not like this - I love it. It is sweet like marshmallow fluff with caramel sauce and candy floss. I would not like this in high summer but in the depths of winter it reminds me of summers at the fairground and that makes me smile. So the marketers can go to hang. I am wearing this with pride.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mhubbard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes m'am, this stuff is very simply sweet, sweet, sweet. I love it. No, it does not evoke deep, dark, haunting memories, nor sophistication, but does every perfume have to ? I am not sure if it is exactly suitable for work, but definitely for romance if your guy is into sweet scents. The price is great and I think almost all gourmand lovers will want this in their wardrobe. I just hope it doesn't get discontinued, however there are so many good fakes out there that I am not too worried.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lippies for price and packaging. It smells like arse on me. This is one of my MUA *kicks dirt* moments. I really, really, really wished this had worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorites. Smells sweet like candy and vanilla, but it is very potent. I have to agree with some people that you have to be careful with how much you spray because it is very strong and if you do too much it will be a BAD thing lol for you and those around you. If I spray too much I can get a head ache, but that goes for any perfume for me. I was surprised to see it was only rated a level 4 on EWG meaning it doesn't have nearly as many bad chemicals in it as other perfumes (I do consider this actually with a lot of fragrances as I am trying to go more natural). It isnt too expensive and the packaging I saved! If you like sweet/food smells and wanna give your boyfriend cavities get this ^___^ <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by rubie17

okay so ive been wanting this perfume for a while now...and i finally got it!! So now I can give you a review. I am OBSESSED with sweet, warm, and girly smells (I love to smell like candy). I really love this scent because it's sweet, and smells like cotton candy in a more sophisticated type of way. BUT if you don't like sweet smells then this is not for you!! I always get compliments with this, and I am just in love with it. I just hate how expensive it is!! So if you don't wanna pay the price of pink sugar, and when I can't afford to buy this, I have a few dupes that i've found that smell similar. Body fantasies cotton candy, and the VS Pink warm and cozy scent. Try pink sugar out girls!! P.S. Vanessa Hudgens and Ariana Grande wear this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by bubblepowerflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is every sugar lover's dream. This smells so sweet and nice and I always hear people say "what smells so good?". Really enjoy it but some might find the smell to be too strong if you are sensitive nose.