Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 2/2/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the smell of this. I have purchased two perfumes in the past month. I happened upon this while I was busy stalking Hypnotic Poison. It's difficult to compare the two but if I had to I would say Pink Sugar seems more "fun" while Hypnotic P is more "serious". However I did not want to pay the $45 for a 1.7 ounce bottle. I Don't mind dishing out the money for the HP but not for this one. So although i liked it, I passed. Until I found it on a site online for a certain reputable pharmacy. They had the 3.4 ounce of Pink Sugar for $25. That is a price that is a wonderful deal so I got it. After it came I fell in love. It lasts so long on me. I just now ordered a second 3.4 at that price. One to keep in my purse and one for home!

It definitely smells sweet. I do smell licorice which I'm surprised I like in this mixture. I smell a little bit of vanilla. It just has a "sparkling sweet" smell. Smells sweetly fresh and has no cheap smell. As always, it's best to test out on yourself and wear it for awhile.

The bottle is cute and girly. I love it. Most importantly, the lid stays on tight.

The stars I give this are based on the good price I got, as long as I am able to get it at that cost, I absolutely love this and will continue to purchase.

This is sooooooo very sweet but I love it. It is definitely an extremely sugary scent, not only vanilla, as another user said. This does not smell only like vanilla.
The packaging is adorable... Perhaps being in my 20's I'm not longer young enough to wear this scent, but I do it anyway because my husband likes when I wear it, I like it, and it isn't anyone's business which perfume I choose to wear.

on 1/13/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was given this as a gift and it is a nice scent, just way too young for me. It's sweet and sugary and fruity. It also doesn't last very long on my skin, it could just be my skin. I am currently using this as a room spray for my two little girls' rooms, when I want their rooms to smell extra nice.

It smells really good..but very sweet smelling and gave me a headache

on 1/5/2015 11:09:00 AM

After reading reviews I had to try this! Today I was very dissapointed with it, expecting better. Its vanilla that's all. If I were to slap some vanilla essence on from the kitchen it would be exactly the same as Pink Sugar, no less no more.

on 12/29/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So I had gotten this for Christmas as I had seen that my friend had worn this perfume a lot, so I was more than willing to buy it for myself because it smelled good on her. It does smell sweet and sugary and it does have that cotton candy-Esque scent to it if you really enjoy that type of smell. Personally, I think the name Pink Sugar is an appropriate name because when you do smell it, that certainly is the Colour that you're thinking of.
Anyway, when I put it on on Christmas Day, I was wrapped in the sweet, sparkling scent of this product. I was also afraid that it wouldn't work with my body's chemistry as I didn't try it on before and had only ever smelled it on my friend once. My mom even said that it smelled really good and sweet so I assumed it was alright.
About a few hours later as we were having Christmas dinner, I noticed that it began to lose its scent on my skin. Now, here's the part that I get confused about: How do you know if a perfume is working well for you? If it loses its scent on your skin, does that mean it's reacted well with your chemistry but you just cannot smell it? Or if you still can smell it whether it smells slightly off or not?
See, I'm new to perfumes and I think that they truly are wonderful and it's amazing how everyone can have different tastes in scents for certain occasions. However, I'm not stupid when it comes to them, as well. I know for a fact that certain chemicals react to people a certain way but I don't think trying on a scent in a department store full of other perfumes is exactly wise, either. The scents will mix.
Anyway, my point is that after eating our mega ultra Canadian Christmas dinner, the scent was gone but at the same time it left a burned sugar smell. My mother said I still smelled fine. I think it's just personal preference. And really, everyone smells themselves before others smell them. Because we all have unique scents and chemical makeups. So if I think I smell different because the scent doesn't exactly smell the same as when I first applied it, doesn't mean others will catch on. Someone should invent a perfume primer or something.
Overall, cute ribbon packaging and wonderful scent. Truly feminine, sweet, sugary, and pink. 3/5 lippies were given due to the fact that the price is very high but I'm glad I can get it at Walmart for $30 CDN, but still, even that's a bit much.
Would recommend it for younger girls, or if you're really into fun, sweet scents!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can't make up my mind how I feel about this fragrance. I have tired it several times in the store. One day I will think it is sickeningly sweet and too sugary, the next time I test it will think it is sweet and sugary in a quirky, fun way.

Pink Sugar has been on my mind because I tested it again during my day out Holiday Shopping. Almost bought it last week.

I don't think fragrance has an age range. People might think this doesn't smell like a fragrance for a 40+ woman, but sometimes women want to have fun with a fragrance, not every frag has to be serious with complex notes.

on 12/22/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the second bottle I purchase, the reason why I love this so much is because I get so many compliments all the time! Once i was at a bookstore and as I was leaving a guy started chasing me just to ask me what I was wearing, i find this to be the cheaper version of Angel by Thierry Mugler.

on 12/14/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really enjoy this scent even in my mid 20s! Has a candy sweet scent but a really sexy clean scent that is appealing and is ideal in the summer or fall. This is original to me because most eu de toillettes and body sprays go for more of a musky floral scent but this one makes me smell good enough to eat!!! The price is a bit expensive but the bottle lasts a while. When the perfume dries it blends into your natural body scent... I get compliments every where I go and if I spray this with a more low key scent like dolce and habana light blue... I smell very unique

on 12/12/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Aquolina Pink Sugar smells like cotton candy made and sold at the circus and fair. Sweet and robust. It brought back fond memories from childhood.

Cotton candy scent quickly turned into the scent of a burnt marshmallow over a campfire. I like the smell of a burnt marshmallow while roasting marshmallows, but I don't want to smell like one myself. Drydown changes from burnt marshmallow to burnt sugar in a saucepan.

Bottle is attractive. I like the pink swirls intertwined on the bottle. It reminds me of ribbons.

UPDATE-Previous rating of two lippies because top notes brought back fond memories as a child going to the circus. However, sprayed this again at the store, and the overwhelming sugar burnt in a saucepan smell overrode memories. This stuff is potent burnt sugar. I wanted to like this, because it's a fun fragrance, but it didn't work with my body chemistry.

Popular Fragrances