August 27, 2014 | 932 users online

Foundations - Max Factor - Colour Adapt

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by christinatacticos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have olive skin and wear the shade 70 (natural) which as true to the name, was a perfect match when first put on. However during the day the foundation would become more orange because it oxidizes during the day. It would be perfect if it stay the same after i applied i, but having oily skin, the foundation feels uncomfortably heavy to wear as the day goes on. I would recommend a matte foundation for anyone with oily skin. The No7 matte foundation has much better reviews and is around the same price

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by KatieLouize

I have very pale skin naturally and find it very hard to find foundations to match my skin tone. I decided to try Max Factor Colour Adapt foundation in a Creamy Ivory shade as a friend had sworn by it. I paid approximately £10 which is around the usual amount i spend on a foundation which i aim to last me a few months. I was very impressed with this foundation when i first applied it. The colour of the skin on my made up face still matched my neck and i had no blotches or dodgy foundation lines. I usually put a lot of face powder on top of my foundation but when i have Colour Adapt on i dont need to as it has a nice finish by itself. The only downside is that after a few hours on a night out in a warm club i do need to reapply it but that would be the same with any foundation at the places i go to so i don't mind this too much.
Will definitely buy again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by JePet

I've been using this for years (in Ivory or Almond, depending on the season) and although I try other foundations every once in a while - I always end up returning to Colour Adapt. It has good coverage, dries quickly but not too quickly and gives that finished look that does not need powder on top. On the downside - it does not have any oil-control so after a few hours I need to use translucent pressed powder on my T-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've worn this foundation on and off for 5 years. I still love it and whenever I come back to it I decide I'll never use another foundation (but I do because I'm a foundation junkie and I have dozens).
Anyway I have combination skin that gets very dry on cheeks but quite oily on my nose and chin. I really dislike a shiny finish too, but this is matte enough to wear over sunscreen and still not use powder. Makes your skin glowy and very even. I have horrible undereye darkness and a lot of redness on my cheeks. The redness is covered 100%, I use a little concealer on my eyes after I apply this, but really my undereyes are extremely dark so usually I'd say it will cover almost every eye pigmentation.
The best thing about this foundation though is that it really does adapt, unlike most that claim adapting properties and don't. I've used 3 different shades of it and they all looked natural on my nc15-20 skin. Most of the time I have an issue finding the right neural tone, almost everything is too pink or orange on my face, but this never leaves a dark or pink seem at the edges. It's lovely. If it were a bit more longer lasting (lasts around 3-4 hours on oilier parts) I'd give it 10 stars out of 5. Still it's a breeze to reapply, unlike most foundations it doesn't get flaky when reapplying, just go over it with some more product and fingers (I normally use a brush but this one does work very well with fingers because it's a bit moussy) and you will have a beautiful fresh face again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

Another one for the foundation graveyard. I have spent a lot of money over the years to find the HG base. After a long relationship with Prescriptives (now sadly demised) and Dr Hausaka, I decided to stick to No 7 tinted moisturiser (that was also subject to a formula and shade change, but weirdly not in the US so I stock up when I visit , so frustrating) but wanted something for days when I need more coverage. I like the bottle. Not luxurious but a sturdy plastic with pump dispenser. Has a see through panel at the side so you can see when it is nearing empty. Get a decent amount of product. Found the texture a little dry. I only used a half pump and it gave very good coverage, if a little flat looking. If it was the right foundation for me it would last a long time. However shade was too light even though it was mid spectrum (blushing beige). I wish you could buy samples of foundations for all the shades of every foundation to avoid expensive mistakes and crushing disPpointment

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by nlls11

It really adapts your skin tone :) I got the shade 75 golden, and its a good match for me..

Its coverage is medium. I apply it after my tinted moisturizer (Solante acnes tinted). And it looks okay :)

Its texture is average but if you apply it with your fingers you'll probably get a bad result .. I apply it with a brush, that way it looks and blends better. BTW i love the pump and packaging :)

Unfortunately it oxizides after 2-3 hours. It gets a bit kind of orangey. And after 5-6 hours,
its like you're wearing nothing but there is a fake tan on your face.

So i voted 3 due to its medium coverage and color adapting..

If you have questions to me about any make up issue, just tweet me ( @tayswiftturkey ) or contact me on MakeUpAlley, I would love to help you :

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lilangelhana

I love this foundation - it blends so perfectly with my skin tone. Just the right amount of coverage for me (I wear powder on top) and really does give flawless skin. Lasts well all day (I always use base) and can be topped up without the caked on look.
Also, I have very pale skin and find it hard to get a good colour match with good coverage. And this sorts that right out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by RiriEmz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To start, I am extremely fair skinned, and as I've had no luck finding a good, heavy coverage lightly coloured foundation, I've started to have to go with the 'darker' look. I don't look at all orange, just so you know! I make sure to blend this down my neck and it looks pretty good!

I found a bottle of this in my moms drawer a few weeks ago, and the shade was 70 Natural. I knew it wasn't my shade, but I had ran out of my Max factor experience (which is great for light skin!) To my shock, this actually blended so well into my skin, and provided a great base. I found it was terrible for smearing on my oilier areas, however a bit of powder fixes this! It was not a good foundation for me, there was just not enough coverage!

I took the try of putting another foundation over top, which really makes a HUGE difference! It almost blends with the Max factor, and creates an even better foundation! It really gives a nice high coverage, without looking cakey! People told me my skin looks soft! I tried it with tinted moisturizer over top - It looked GREAT. I tried it with the lightest shade of Rimmel Match Perfection - It looked GREAT. I've even tried it with my Max factor experience in the lightest shade, and this too looks great!

At first, I thought the whole 'color adapt' was a load of crap, but it truly does adapt! I very much doubted there was a change at first, until I applied this in natural light. I applied It by itself, and before I even had the chance to start blending down the jawline, I saw the color had definitely lightened! As i mentioned, this was quite dark for me originally!

If I'm honest, i wouldn't really use this on a regular basis, even though i did receive so many compliments of FLAWLESS skin. Like really, me with flawless skin? what a laugh! It does make a great foundation to have for the days you want a lighter coverage, or when your running out of your current foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by FrankieNew

UK Review.

I love this foundation! I have combination skin, oily t-zone, dryish cheeks.
It feels lovely going on, not heavy at all yet still giving good coverage.
I'm not sure so much about it adapting to your skin tone, however it didnt give me any tide marks and did match well.
Lasts well and doesnt make your face look horrible, greasy or even dirty like some others do.
Only tiny negative I would say is the packaging maybe.. it's a plastic bottle/tube with a pump on top. The plasticy packaging doesnt make it feel particually luxiourous.
However, as a foundation, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by natasjie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this for years (the blue package) in 70, which I loved! It was perfect, perfect adaption to skin/tone, great coverage and felt really soft. I couldn't find the blue package anymore so I bought the black package... but it was different! Less coverage and more oily. I prefer the (older??) blue package. Can't find it anymore though =(