August 1, 2014 | 1681 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer - Medium to Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products ever. A few years ago I tried it out of curiosity and since then, I don't even use foundation anymore. It's improved my skin because it doesn't clog my pores, it goes on light enough that it doesn't rub off on anyone's clothes or anything, but it provides enough coverage that I don't even need concealer with it. The best part about it is that you only need a small amount to get full coverage, so it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Kbabyx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite product ever. I have few blemishes, but was looking for something to give my face a beautiful and smooth look, nothing too heavy. Fell in love with this since the second it touched my skin! Does not cause breakouts even though my skin is fairly sensitive. I found applying it straight out of the shower when my face is still damp yields the best and most natural results.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought that this product gave a very sheer amount of coverage. i didn't think it covered anything at all. It made my face very sticky after applying it and I did NOT like that feeling. This product also came out orangey and it didn't suit me. I feel very disappointed with this and would NOT BUY IT AGAIN.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ariellezbellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wrote a whole review on this product, but it's under "BB Cream" because Cover Girl thought they could be clever and rename this product BB Cream which it isn't. Let's just say this product has made my skin the worst it's been in years. It should be renamed Cover Girl Pore Clogging Sunscreen.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by xstarb0rn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"Would you buy this product again?" I wish I could've scrolled down to "I already have." I typically hate everything Cover Girl. When I first started using makeup I thought, "I want something cheap and nice." I'd only really noticed Cover Girl commercials and I guess I was a little prejudice against all other companies. I started out with their True Blend foundation and noticed that it only lasted about three to four hours on my face. After buying more shitty products from the company, I decided to end my spending on them. So I did, until I was shopping in the grocery store and my boyfriend at the time pointed out that there was makeup on sale. I'm a sucker for anything cheap so I took a look and it was the CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer. I bought both the light to medium and the medium to dark ones. I'd never used a tinted moisturizer because I love full coverage since I still have acne scars that are resistant to any kind of treatment. I tried using the moisturizer by itself and found that it had nice light to medium coverage, but was not completely what I was looking for. I continued using it through the summer because it's nice to have a fresh face when you're sweating in the humidity of NY. This summer I decided to try and use it as if it's a foundation and I've completely fallen for this product. My steps to using this product are: moisturize (it's habit), prime, UD Oil De Slick spray, conceal, apply tinted moisturizer, conceal under eyes, powder, blush/bronze, UD Oil De Slick again, and done. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be using this even when it's not warm because it leaves me with a nice dewy finish that's not GREASY. I'm just afraid that this product won't be manufactured anymore because it doesn't get a lot of hype. I found it by accident and not many people mention it. I know they have a new/similar line but I like to stay loyal to my face products and I'm kind of afraid to try anything new.

Pros: dewy finish
price
light to medium coverage
fast
easy to find
Cons:
shade selection
fear of it not being sold anymore

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by NitaE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this the other day at my local super store, because I really don't want to keep buying my regular TM because its a little pricy ($32) and doesn't offer enough. I was a little apprehensive buying the darker shade, because most darker shades are way to orangy for my olive tone skin, but the coverage is so sheer on this it doesn't matter to much. I haven't noticed any problems yet with reactions, and I have very sensitive skin. I definetly think this will work for when I have really good skin, but otherwise it will probably be used under foundation, because it didn't really even anything out for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by myfavoritegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this tinted moisturizer not really LOVE because I wanted a more matte finish to it, but it gave me a dewy finish which i kind don't like for my oily skin. But It was really cheap, so i don't regret buying it though I'm looking for a new TM after i finish with this one.. And yes I'll recommend it to people who wants dewy finish and to everyone who wants to buy this for full coverage then this not for you, why? because first it's basically just a moisturizer that has kind of a tint to it, but it's really nice on evening out your skintone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

This is my 2nd bottle of this tinted moisturiser - not because I used up the first one, but because the 1st one was too light for me (light-medium).
I'm an NC40 and this colour still isnt the right match for me, it's a little on the dark side, I guess I could wear in mid-summer. Other than the colour issue, it applied well and smoothly, I'd say it gives a semi-matte finish with light and it feels comfortable on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by gkul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This tinted moisturizer is perfect for people who just want something light that evens out the skin tone. My skin is pretty normal and even, but this makes my face look flawless without the use of heavy foundation (I don't like putting on foundation btw). I use this after I wash my face in the morning with a tiny bit of concealer on the parts that need it and I'm good to go. I usually have a lot of difficulty finding a color that suits my dark skin tone so I was a little skeptical trying this product, but looks so natural and doesn't even look like you're wearing makeup at all. Its become part of my daily routine, and would definitely buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ktb926

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It made my skin look too dewy, almost like I was sweating and there was too much shine. I liked how it felt like water on my face but I did not like the look of it. It also made me break out a little. Plus there is virtually no coverage at all. I will definitely not buy this again, usually if I don't like makeup that I bought I will still suffer through and use it until it is gone. I couldn't salvage this one so I gave it to my mom.