December 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Masks - Lumene - Arctic Touch Purifying Peat-Facial Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by HayleeB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this stuff. I've noticed my skin is less oily, and more even. While this stuff works wonders on its own, I like to mix it with my other clay/mud masks and it really helps! It's very soothing, too. I kind of hate the smell, but that's okay. I can deal with it. I would absolutely buy this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Dalila747

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product removed a lot of oil from my skin and reduced the appearance of the blackheads on my nose. I'll definitely bemusing it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is suppose to get rid of oil and impurities and tighten the pores. I have combination skin and maybe it has reduced the oil on my skin but thats as far as this mask has done. Other people report having it rid blemishes, but it doesn't do anything more than take away excess oil for me. I like Lumene's radiant drops so I was hoping to like this product because it used words like "stimulating biominerals" but nope. It was maybe 15 bucks from the drugstore. I;m wearing it now and there is no "tingling sensation" as the directions insist.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by sinfulnails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is great for oily/sensitive skin. I use it once a week and it doesn't dry my face out or cause any irritation. I'm not a huge fan of the consistency - it is a bit watery and smells terrible - but the results make it all worth it. I will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this to be a pretty good mask. It does what it says it will. I don't have oily skin and I do not feel like this dries out my skin if I use as directed. It would be excellent for oily skin. It doesn't irritate. Its a pretty thin consistency which I like. Sometimes those thick masks are difficult to get out of the tube (ala Queen Helene), take long to dry and are difficult to take off. This mask is very easy to wash off. I feel like it detoxifies my skin a bit. I notice my skin needs less blotting during the day. I use it as a spot treatment overnight sometimes and wow it really brings up the blemish! Sometimes thats a bad thing because it becomes a huge pimple- I'm talking Mt Everest- but then its easier to extract. Sometimes I'll just leave it on blemishes for 30 mins- 2 hours and it works. The smell or look doesn't really bother me. All masks look gross on your face thats nothing new. I'm not crazy for the rosemary smell but its not absolutely unbearable. I got this in a BOGO 50% off sale when I was obsessed with Lumene products. I probably won't buy this again just because I'm over it but I have no problem reccomending it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by phoenix511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

With this product, you get what you pay for. I have normal-to-oily skin, so anything that can pull some of that oil and such off my skin is a lifesaver. It tingles (not burns) while its on, and its pretty easy to wash off. I always seen the effect immediately: my pores looks a little tighter and my skin just feels nice and clean. That said, I can feel this change wearing off within a day, and 2-3 days later it's like I never did it at all. For the price, I'm ok with that. I use it on the weekends or after a really long day to unwind, and I don't expect it to work miracles. This mask is best for people just looking for a quick pick-me-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by dopledinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product seems to be controversial, but looking over the other reviews I noticed that others seemed irked at mainly the smell and appearance of the mask. Personally, I don't really mind that it looks like I rubbed "number two" all over my face; hey, as long as it works! It's not like anyone goes outside wearing a mask anyways. However, I must agree about the smell. It takes a while to get used to it, but I don't notice it as much after using it for a few weeks.

Overall, this isn't a bad product: I would say that it is slightly above average, taking in consideration the price (I got it for five dollars) for a pretty good quality product. Although I didn't notice any drastic change, I gradually found that my skin's texture is nicer now. I appreciate that the packaging comes in a tube and not a small tub, like some facial masks do, because I find tubes to be more sanitary. But you must keep in mind that this isn't a miracle worker, and is far from it. It isn't as effective as I would have liked, but it hasn't made me break out (my skin isn't as acne prone as others and is clear for the most part; remember that everyone's skin is different, so your skin may react to it) and my skin feels smoother and more radiant. For now, I will continue to use it because it's above par quality, cheap, and a good, optional skincare product that I like to have around.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by CattySpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

It's ok. I've been using it once a week, sometime once every two weeks..depending on my skin status. It works if you have oily skin. It leaves your skin smooth and tingly clean...especially before putting on your nightly moisturizer. Blah..that's how I feel about it. I'm sure I can find something to suit my skin type elsewhere, but it's a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good product simply because it does what it says it will. The only problem i have with it is the smell, very strong and medicine-like, a bit disgusting if you ask me.
I have slightly oily skin with huge pores and this summer i was on vacation for two months and took only my staple makeup and a couple of skincare products. it made a huge difference that i didn't take this mask....shiny face, clogged pores, a terrible aspect. anyways....two days after getting back to sweden and using this mask (just once) my skin is gloomy.LOVE IT. Lumene products are super good, especially the ones with arctic biominerals. and they're also cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at CVS for $5. It's a very light mask. Looks funny, like dirt with little specks. Oh yeah, it's peat. Goes on thinner than other masks I've used but it's very effective. Smells very earthy and pleasant. Tingles a little when I first put it on. I left it on until it dried completely. It washes off easily and left my skin smooth and soft. Felt very refreshed and clean. Pores were clearer. Great mask and very inexpensive. CVS always has the Lumene products on sale. Try this for a very down to earth, clean feel. I would definitely buy again. :)