Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

3.8

Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

on 4/2/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Cashmere Mist is absolutely gorgeous. Subtle and intimate, it feels like it's simply enhancing the scent of your own skin. I reach for this whenever I want to feel fresh and clean. According to Jan Moran's book Fabulous Fragrances II, Cashmere Mist features notes of bergamot, jasmine, lily of the valley, sandalwood, vanilla, amber and musk. None of these notes really stand out to me though. It's like all the notes are so well blended they create a new note called Cashmere Mist. The best I can do to describe it is to say that it's soft, powdery and fresh. I think the wear time for this is actually decent for a light perfume. Cashmere Mist doesn't have much sillage though. You're not going to walk into a room and wow people with it. That actually makes it perfect for work, job interviews, church or any other situation where a bold perfume might be inappropriate.

on 12/7/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been switching up between Givenchy Organza and Estée Lauder Tuberose Gardenia for months until someone suggested that I try this scent. I bought a very low priced, 3oz. bottle of the Bath & Body brumisateur from eBay just to try it out before committing to a large bottle of the perfume at Sephora.

"Lovely!" was my first reaction. Its a rich, gorgeous, spicy Oriental & vanilla scent. Not overpowering and in your face but impactful and special. If you're into fruity, bubblegum, plastic scents then this isn't the perfume for you. This scent says CARING....SUBTLE ... TASTEFUL..... NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL..... COMFORTING

The dry down is amazing. I've been loving this scent ever since. My only gripe is that the scent isn't long lasting. I'm told that the EDP lasts longer so I will be purchasing a bottle very soon. This is now my signature scent. I'm even using the matching deodorant now. I love it so.

on 10/24/2014 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Someone gave me this as a present and it smells like old lady... Maybe that's why they gave it to me but I'm not that old yet!

on 10/24/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find these types of fragrances tend to wear on me very well; anything warm or in the oriental wood families. This smells like warm cashmere wood with faint suede in the background, some vanilla, amber, and a touch of white flower, which is jasmine. I do not detect the top note really or most of the middle notes.

The top note in this opens with bergamot and I don’t smell it at all sadly. I love bergamot. Middle notes are jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, and suede. The base notes are what I smell immediately and stay well hours later and develop into a sweet woodsy smell. They are musk, sandalwood, amber, cashmere musk, and vanilla.

Gorgeous fragrance that is very classy and simple.

on 10/12/2014 9:53:00 PM

I've bought this twice and passed it on to others. I really don't know why, as I keep getting a craving for it and regret ever getting rid of it. I think it is because I wanted something more "perfumey". Cashmere Mist is a clean, bubble bath kind of scent that some might not find interesting enough. However, if you keep in mind the minimal aesthetic of Donna Karan's clothing style, Cashmere Mist matches it perfectly.

I find it effortlessly beautiful, clean, and polished. It is a powdery, floral, creamy scent with a soft suede and a sandalwood base, and a breath of non-edible vanilla. I find that in the Donna Karan scents I've tried, she has a knack for bringing a carbonated "lift" to them, as if the perfume was a scented soda. Staying power is right in the middle, but I'm only going on a little spray from the sample sprayer for now.

Side note: The deodorant/antiperspirant is gorgeous too. Works amazingly well, and it smells heavier on the sandalwood. A friend actually thought I was wearing an essential oil.

on 10/8/2014 1:37:00 PM

Yuk.....simply bottled baby powder.Very boring,one dimensional,musty, old lady smelling.Lasting power is not good at all too ,it's gone in less than 1 hour.This smells more like soap/shaving cream than proper perfume,I bought it on impulse,but strongly dislike it and I only spray it on me after taking shower,it smells like bath product anyway.Save your money and invest in proper perfume.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i received a sample of this with the purchase of another perfume. it was my favorite from the sample collection box of over 8 scents. whenever i switch up and try something new, i spray a few sprays of this sample and my husband always says i smell great and asks what im wearing.
now, here's why i dont rate it higher. even though its a nice light scent, it reminds me of hair grease. really nice smelling hair grease. in fact, it is because i have braids this summer and was oiling my scalp this morning that i finally could place the scent. hair grease. nice, but not something i would pay big money for when i could just put the same hair grease i used on my head this morning on my elbows and knees and smell like it all over.

on 4/3/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Unlike some of the more recent offerings at the Nordstrums fragrance counters, Cashmere Mist has a compelling name. However, the olfactory experience leaves something to be desired. With a name like “Cashmere Mist,” I expect, nay demand, a scent that is soft, cuddly, powdery, and sweetly charming. On my skin, to my nose, there is only dust, plastic, and old soap. I do perceive an airy baby powder, but my guess is that the suede note interferes with the essence. I try to reach out to the lily of the valley, then the jasmine only to have the musky, almost sweaty, suede rear its dusty head. I call out to vanilla and amber only to find the bitter bergamot is dancing a sinister minuet with the cashmere wood, the unwashed suede conducting the orchestra. The overall sensation is stale. I am reminded of an old decrepit mansion whose library must have seen some long past affair unfold amidst all those books, with Her soap and His spicy cologne clinging to the pages. I offer Cashmere Mist to the altar of skin chemistry. This fume is not for me. A pity. I do so love the great powder bombs of Kenzo Flower and VS Heavenly. To its credit, this mist has a very respectable longevity, (some 7-8 hours), though only passable sillage. Do try it. Maybe you will have something warm and familiar bloom on your wrist. Notes: bergamot, lily of the valley, jasmine, suede, musk, sandalwood, amber, cashmere wood, vanilla.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this fragrance! It has a powdery smell with some floral notes in there. Maybe gardenia or dry rose? Be aware that it does have a powdery scent which I'm fine of but some people hate it so just be aware because it's very noticeable! The scent usually last from 4-6 hours which is really nice. The bottle design is a bit weird and the cap broke kind of easily so you really need to be careful about that too. Overall I recommend this product a lot but just to those who actually like powdery scents because once again, it is VERY noticeable since it's quite strong! I never repurchase perfume because I always want to try new ones but don't get me wrong there! I REALLY LIKE THIS PERFUME!!!!!

on 2/13/2014 9:23:00 PM

Ho-hum scent but way too powdery for me. Anything that smells this strong of powder automatically reminds me of baby powder--something I didn't like with Sensual Nude. But more importantly, Cashmere Mist didn't last on my skin longer than 1 hour. Not interested.

Popular Fragrances