November 23, 2014 | 1043 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by madashmada

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Someone gave me this as a present and it smells like old lady... Maybe that's why they gave it to me but I'm not that old yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I find these types of fragrances tend to wear on me very well; anything warm or in the oriental wood families. This smells like warm cashmere wood with faint suede in the background, some vanilla, amber, and a touch of white flower, which is jasmine. I do not detect the top note really or most of the middle notes.

The top note in this opens with bergamot and I don’t smell it at all sadly. I love bergamot. Middle notes are jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, and suede. The base notes are what I smell immediately and stay well hours later and develop into a sweet woodsy smell. They are musk, sandalwood, amber, cashmere musk, and vanilla.

Gorgeous fragrance that is very classy and simple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this twice and passed it on to others. I really don't know why, as I keep getting a craving for it and regret ever getting rid of it. I think it is because I wanted something more "perfumey". Cashmere Mist is a clean, bubble bath kind of scent that some might not find interesting enough. However, if you keep in mind the minimal aesthetic of Donna Karan's clothing style, Cashmere Mist matches it perfectly.

I find it effortlessly beautiful, clean, and polished. It is a powdery, floral, creamy scent with a soft suede and a sandalwood base, and a breath of non-edible vanilla. I find that in the Donna Karan scents I've tried, she has a knack for bringing a carbonated "lift" to them, as if the perfume was a scented soda. Staying power is right in the middle, but I'm only going on a little spray from the sample sprayer for now.

Side note: The deodorant/antiperspirant is gorgeous too. Works amazingly well, and it smells heavier on the sandalwood. A friend actually thought I was wearing an essential oil.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Teochasse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yuk.....simply bottled baby powder.Very boring,one dimensional,musty, old lady smelling.Lasting power is not good at all too ,it's gone in less than 1 hour.This smells more like soap/shaving cream than proper perfume,I bought it on impulse,but strongly dislike it and I only spray it on me after taking shower,it smells like bath product anyway.Save your money and invest in proper perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by redeverlasting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i received a sample of this with the purchase of another perfume. it was my favorite from the sample collection box of over 8 scents. whenever i switch up and try something new, i spray a few sprays of this sample and my husband always says i smell great and asks what im wearing.
now, here's why i dont rate it higher. even though its a nice light scent, it reminds me of hair grease. really nice smelling hair grease. in fact, it is because i have braids this summer and was oiling my scalp this morning that i finally could place the scent. hair grease. nice, but not something i would pay big money for when i could just put the same hair grease i used on my head this morning on my elbows and knees and smell like it all over.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unlike some of the more recent offerings at the Nordstrums fragrance counters, Cashmere Mist has a compelling name. However, the olfactory experience leaves something to be desired. With a name like “Cashmere Mist,” I expect, nay demand, a scent that is soft, cuddly, powdery, and sweetly charming. On my skin, to my nose, there is only dust, plastic, and old soap. I do perceive an airy baby powder, but my guess is that the suede note interferes with the essence. I try to reach out to the lily of the valley, then the jasmine only to have the musky, almost sweaty, suede rear its dusty head. I call out to vanilla and amber only to find the bitter bergamot is dancing a sinister minuet with the cashmere wood, the unwashed suede conducting the orchestra. The overall sensation is stale. I am reminded of an old decrepit mansion whose library must have seen some long past affair unfold amidst all those books, with Her soap and His spicy cologne clinging to the pages. I offer Cashmere Mist to the altar of skin chemistry. This fume is not for me. A pity. I do so love the great powder bombs of Kenzo Flower and VS Heavenly. To its credit, this mist has a very respectable longevity, (some 7-8 hours), though only passable sillage. Do try it. Maybe you will have something warm and familiar bloom on your wrist. Notes: bergamot, lily of the valley, jasmine, suede, musk, sandalwood, amber, cashmere wood, vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupandcupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this fragrance! It has a powdery smell with some floral notes in there. Maybe gardenia or dry rose? Be aware that it does have a powdery scent which I'm fine of but some people hate it so just be aware because it's very noticeable! The scent usually last from 4-6 hours which is really nice. The bottle design is a bit weird and the cap broke kind of easily so you really need to be careful about that too. Overall I recommend this product a lot but just to those who actually like powdery scents because once again, it is VERY noticeable since it's quite strong! I never repurchase perfume because I always want to try new ones but don't get me wrong there! I REALLY LIKE THIS PERFUME!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

Ho-hum scent but way too powdery for me. Anything that smells this strong of powder automatically reminds me of baby powder--something I didn't like with Sensual Nude. But more importantly, Cashmere Mist didn't last on my skin longer than 1 hour. Not interested.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sillage

For me, Cashmere Mist is just a boring blah baby powder scent -- with nothing else added. Sorry to its legions of fans -- I know this is hugely popular -- and yes, I own a bottle, I have for years -- but I almost never use it. On the rare occasion that I use it, I'm generally *bored stiff* with it and restless by 9am -- wishing I had packed a more interesting and flavorful scent in my purse that I could spray overtop.

In my humble opinion, this is a tremendously conservative fragrance, for those who really don't like perfume very much. To me, choosing Cashmere Mist is like going to Baskin-Robbins 31 Flavors and ordering a single scoop of plain vanilla -- in a cup. I mean that metaphorically, in terms of being ultraconservative -- not scent-wise.

It has good strength and longevity. It's soft, yet the EDP is still quite strong, and it's possible to overspray. Inoffensive and safe for church, hospital, or office wear -- seems more like a bath product than a spray perfume.

I'd put all of the following in the same broad general category with Cashmere Mist -- Chanel #5, Bulgari Pour Femme, Victoria's Secret Heavenly, Emporio Armani Elle, DKNY Pure, Estee Lauder Pure White Linen, Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton, Love's Baby Soft.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Smithcat

I love this perfume, but it's difficult to find in the UK (except online). I wear it day or night and it always fits - whatever the occasion. It lasts for most of the day and smells light, flowery and feminine. It is quite a subtle fragrance & doesn't have the awful heaviness or musky notes of so many perfumes. Does that make it for old people? I think it's for people who are comfortable with themselves & don't need to prove a point - whatever their age!