September 30, 2014 | 2031 users online

Hair Treatments - Alterna - Hemp Seed Damage Control

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ruckygirl

Although I like this product, I don't think it is worth the price. I smooth it on after blow-drying my hair to keep flyaways at bay. It does the job, but there are enough similar products on the market now that I'll probably search for a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 7:51:00 PM More reviews by g60girl

I use this along with Alterna's Hemp Seed Straightening Balm. It gives my hair shine and leaves it soft. I don't really have split ends so I can't say how well it actually repairs them, but I blow dry so often I worry about getting them :)
It also smells great and leaves a soft lingering scent.
Since this is the first review for it I will give Alterna's description of it ----
Hemp Seed Damage Control is a dual action formula that targets split end damage while providing high shine and light styling control

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone and
Phenyltrimethicone - Four super silicones for unparalleled shine and control.
Grape Seed Extract serves as the backbone of a unique complex that combines both water and oil soluble antioxidants for the most comprehensive free radical protection.
Protein copolymers that strengthens the hair by maintaining moisture levels on the surface of the and plasticizes the hair shaft internally to protect against brittle fractures.
Infused with Hemp Seed Oil, one of the richest providers of the amino acids necessary for healthy keratin formation, and nutrient activating enzymes, this formula seals frayed cuticles and helps to improve the overall condition of the hair.

Hemp Seed Damage Control should always be applied to dry hair.