September 30, 2014 | 1165 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Curl Conscious Defining Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

my hair is neither thin nor fine, but no matter how little i use of this stuff it makes my wavy/curly hair stringy, greasy and flat. it also leaves a film-y residue on my hair that begs to be washed out. the smell is sickly sweet and lingers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been hearing about this for years but hadn't tried it - there are always so many products to try, and it is pretty pricey. But I finally got around to it, and hoped that it would be my HG. Unfortunately, it's not.

I had high hopes. My 3b curls looked great initially, either using a blow dryer w/diffuser or letting my hair air dry. But halfway through the day, I started to look like an unkempt poodle. My curls were fluffy and voluminous, but in a dry and out-of-control way.

I wash my hair every other day, and Day 2 with this was hard to handle. Typically, I will add a little product to revive my curls; adding this was out of the question, and adding other products was ok, but still not ideal. Basically, my hair was big and fluffy. Very curly, and pretty unruly.

My biggest complaint, though, is that it left my hair gross to the touch. It left a gritty film that I just didn't like. It's also pretty expensive and rather drying. I had even less shine than normal when I used this. I tried it for about two weeks before giving up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by StrangeLight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my holy grail product. i have very thin hair (few hairs per square inch), very fine hair (thin hair shaft), and wavy-to-curly hair. usually very frizzy.

this stuff defines my curls, controls my frizz, and leaves my hair soft and bouncy. but the key is all in the application: i.e. use VERY little.

my hair is very long, down to my bra strap. i take only a dime-sized amount of this product AT MOST, rub my hands together, and then bend over and work it in from root to tip, starting at the back of my head and moving forward. the front/top of my scalp gets the least amount of product. if you have shorter hair, you'll want to use even less product.

i think the price on this is super reasonable because one bottle has lasted me two years and there's still 1/4 left. very little goes a long way.

this is miles better than ANY mousse i've used and was much better than the fekkai curl creme. i'm not totally thrilled that this is a silicone-based product, which is notoriously bad for curly hair and fine hair, but honestly, if i use it the right way (super sparingly) i get really great results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My sister's salon carries Bumble and Bumble and she gave me some of this. While I notice a good shine without the help of serums and a soft texture, it takes longer for my hair to dry (even with a blow dry balm) and is easier to overuse. If your hair is dry or thicker and more course this might be worth looking into. Otherwise use sparingly. Another problem, Bumble and Bumble is owned by Estee Lauder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by JSabatini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first started using this because my stylist recommended it. I have been using it for two years now. It did take me a few tries to get it to do what I wanted. Unlike previous reviews I do not feel like this weighs down my hair but I have learned that you only need to use a small amount of product. I keep my hair length between a bob and my shoulder and at most I need a small dime size drop to work. Since you need to use so little a bottle lasts me close to a year which justifies the cost to me. I have even used this on my sister who only has wavy hair and have seen great results. Overall this is a product that takes practice using but once you get it you have natural soft defined curls.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jaimesommers

This over priced creme does nothing for my very curly fine hair. I had high hopes because of the high price and even the name of the product - says right on the label, 'defining creme for fine curls'
Just seems to weigh my hair down. I think this might work for curly hair, just not FINE curly hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by randers

I got several packets of this with my order and I've been trying it out. My hair is wavy and often I will scrunch it up for beach waves.

This product smells nice and leaves a pretty sheen, but it seems to make my hair greasy really quickly and weighs it down. Not my favorite product. :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hesitated years before buying this cream. I have thick, long, coarse, dry, naturally curly hair and this cream is meant for finer curls, which I don’t have, which would make me lean toward the Calming Crème for my hair. My curls aren’t tight, I’m a 2b/c (depending on length my curls are springier or wavier), so based on that, the Defining Crème is the way to go. Finally I bit the bullet and bought the Defining Crème, and I’m so glad I did. This cream makes my curls soft and defined, never crunchy. And, so long as it isn’t a super windy day, my curls are just as pretty in the evening as they were first thing in the morning. I do have a tendency to use too much product, which then leaves a filmy residue on my hair. So I have to be careful each morning to use one small, dime-size dot at a time of this cream (because of my hair’s thickness, I end up using five or six small dots), not one big blob all at once. That seems to make all the difference. A bottle of this cream also lasts longer than my other favorite (Davines Love Serum), and the bottle is very travel-friendly. I think I’ll buy the big, 1 Liter bottle next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although it does say it is for finer hair types, it really weighed my hair down. I have naturally wavy/curly hair, and while I have a ton of hair, it simply doesn't work. Don't get me wrong, it looks FABULOUS when you initially put it in your hair, but after about 20 minutes all I can think is "I need to wash my hair. Now". It is fun for a beach texture, but I bought it so that I could wear my hair down naturally. Unfortunately I can't do that with this hair product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by chocface85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really expensive and I was really disappointed with it. The packaging is nice with a nice design and it is a plastic bottle which I like as you can cut it open and use every bit of product when you get towards the end. However, apart from that it just doesn't do what it says on the packaging. I have naturally quite wavy, thick hair which can tend to be frizzy, so I thought this product would be worth spending money on if it "defines" my waves to make more of a style when I don't straighten it. However all it does is make my hair look dull, lack lustre, look greasy, it weighs it down and does not define anything. The smell is scrumptious, it truly is lovely, but one of this products only redeeming features. I have watched the demonstration on the website, I have tried using tiny amounts, medium and large amounts and the results are always the same, I have tried letting my hair air dry with the product on, air drying whilst intermittently scrunching, blow drying using hands, blow drying using a diffuser, all the same dire results. I am afraid in my opinion this product is over-priced and it just isn't workable on wavy hair. i will not be purchasing again.