September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lipslicks in Daring

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by husveges

HG. I've gone through three of these in the last year and a half (daring and hipster) and it's all I use.

I can still remember my best friend showing me these in the middle school gym locker room fifteen years ago. I've tried tens of other lipglosses since then, but many have a tacky texture that's uncomfortable... this is just smooth and moisturizing. (Btw, see my notepad about my new favorite secondhand designer clothing store.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG tinted lip balm. It's a gorgeous color, like a sheer berry with a slight shimmer. The shimmer mostly just adds dimension to the color, it's very fine and you can't feel it on your lips. The balm is the perfect texture, it glides right over dry patches and feels nice and smooth. It has a slight shine too. It's very comfortable on the lips, and is such a wearable color. The only downside is it smells like cheap lipstick, but you can't smell it on your lips and it has no taste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a beautiful lip balm, looks like a bright berry plum raspberry. Hipster is not quite as bright, but still in the same rose/plum family. Love them both. Very flattering with my cool toned coloring.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

These things are so retro now. I can remember wearing a shade called Sandstone. Nikki Taylor was the model for the ad in the early 90's and I had to have everything she was wearing (I was 8 years old, lol). I think they should have lowered the price by now. Back then they were less than $3 and now they are almost $5. They are a decent textured tinted balm, and the scent is exactly the same as it was back then. I don't know why they are still sold with the scent, but this shade is a very pretty pink berry. It can almost be hot berry.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I sure do love Cover Girl lipslicks! I recently began trying some lip stains and tinted lip balms (mostly with disappointment)...only to be reminded one day searching the beauty isles of this familiar favorite from my college days. This stuff is awesome! I love the subtlety of these glosses, and the fact that you don't have to keep re-applying or worry about putting it on perfectly like a lipstick. The only thing I wish was different was the smell. The smell of these glosses remind me of Halloween costume make-up. Yuk. My favorite shades are Daring and Hipster.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by annieclarkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Easiest and best lip gloss I have ever used. Most of the color choices work for me. I love this longtime favorite! Adds just the right amount of sheer color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by somethingnovel

Overall I like this product. The color is great and it moisturizes nicely. It is a subtle berry tone with a hint of shimmer and I like that. Perfect for daytime or night. The scent is a little like lipsmackers and I don't care for it, but it doesn't stop me from using it. I've gotten compliments from my boyfriend on the taste, haha. The packaging leaves a little to be desired as it feels quite cheap. It is also a little large and that makes application awkward at the corners and tips my lips. I would say this is closer to a lipstick or heavily tinted lip balm than a lip gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MissTash

I absolutely adore the colour and consistency of this product. It's a gorgeous natural sheer berry colour that gives my lips a tinted flushed look.

Unfortunately, the taste and smell of it is GROSS. It's that horrible 80's crayon flavour that is just awful. It also is quite drying on the lips so I usually apply a balm first.

The packaging isn't great but doesn't bother me too much... I've had worse.

I will probably buy again because I the colour and sheerness is perfection.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

there is nothing special about this. it has almost no staying power and the color is sheer with gritty shimmer. the smell is very lipstick-ey which i don't like, either. it's not terrible, but it's not good either. i got it on clearance, so i'm not upset. i leave it in my car for those weird moments when i have just emptied out my whole bag and my car and have absolutely no MU. it's my better-than-nothing lip product lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is a flattering glossy light red on the lips. I've been using CG lipslicks since high school. They're a bit drying so use over balm.