October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Hair Treatments - Schwarzkopf - Extra Care Leave-In Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by kelka

I have been using this product for over 10 years now (16 years old to 28!), and have never found anything that makes my hair silkier. I have seen the packaging change quite a few times but I can always tell by the smell it's the same.

Works great with flat ironed hair!!
Will never stop buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 8:09:00 AM More reviews by nuhtalie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to say i would buy this product again, but so glad i havn't even though i just finished my last tube, but that is becuase i have realised im probably allergic to this product- Been getting very itchy around my neck and gettn pimples around that area, and a little bit lower
It worked fabulously, allowing my hair to feel more moisturised, although it hasnt transformed my hair into fully shiny, sleek and smooth hair like silk, but i guess its overrated to expect that.
Even though its an overall good product, it doesn't entirely undo damage hair, but rather keep it from drying out from its already overdone stage.
It's smell is acceptable(not overly fragranced), and doesnt make ur hair greasy and heavy, and the tube is rather convenient, although you would have to use your hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by ElectroCute

After the glorious reviews praising this bargain beauty I have to say, I was expecting a little more. My hair was nice, fairly smooth, but not transformed into shiny locks cascading down my back. (I blame the shampoo commercials on the TV for this mental image) However for the price and availability this is worth buying and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 6:58:00 AM More reviews by moosemousse

I LOVE this product. I use it all the time. I once tried another brand when my tube of Schwarkopf Extra Care Leave in Treatment had finished, but I chucked the new one out within four days and went out to get this one again. Even my mom started using it when she came to visit me in Australia and the dry climate stuffed up her hair. This makes my hair sooo silky smooth and nice to touch. It smells great and it's so cheap. A definite must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 6:03:00 AM More reviews by anneh89

I got this aggges ago in a Schwarzkopf pack which was on special, but i never really tried it. My hair is really brittle and dry from too much straightening and curling (yes, most of us a guilty for frying our hair), so i thoguht i'd give this a go, and NOW i'm totally in love with this stuff. I only put it from my ears down, beacuse i'm scared it will make my scalp oily, but this stuff makes my hair smooth and soft, and not dry/frizzy....my new <3

Definately will re-purchase :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 11:46:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

I have very thick curly hair which tends to get really dry. I have used this product on and off for 3 years and find it is the best leave in treatment I have ever used. You also can't go wrong with the price too. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 1:29:00 AM More reviews by fag_hag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hairstylist urged me to use this on my fried, chemically processed hair. Makes my hair softer, more manageable and shinier than usual. Can't live without it. :) Smell could be better though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 3:33:00 AM More reviews by chocolate_bandit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this hair treatment. It was recommended to me by a friend, and it is great stuff. It works wonders on my dry, fluffy hair, especially when applied on damp hair. I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily hair, though. Oh yeah and I think a flip cap would be better, like mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2004 11:49:00 AM More reviews by faerie_bel

Well I am on my third or fourth tube of this stuff. It is amazingly good on my fine, straight, colour-treated hair. I must admit I have strayed to big brands like KMS etc but I keep coming back to Schwartzkopf. Honestly, this stuff is soooo cheap, easily available at the supermarket and works incredibly well. It is conditioning yet doesn't weigh my fine hair down too much. Huge thumbs up. The only thing I would change is to put a flip-top cap on the tube for easier use. Don't ever discontinue this, please!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 8:48:00 PM More reviews by cupcakes_yum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this product! My god it is cheap as, great packaging...you can use every last bit and it comes out slowly and controlled so you don't get loads of product. I use it as a leave-in conditioner, so technically a styling product.

I've been using for, ooh, 5 years at least! Rides high high above TiGi After-Party, BTZ Get 'n' Creamed. I have (if you are familiar with naturallycurly.com) Type 2: Wavy hair which means i need a de-frizzer, and this works wonders. What i find with lots of de-frizzing products is the texture isn't right to spread evenly throughout hair, so leave-in conditioners do a better job and are more appropiate. This works wonders, together with a diffuser i have beautiful curls. It's honestly just so conditioning.

However, this isn't the texture of Redken Anti-Snap, so straight haired ladies may not like it as much.

Update: i am now prone to flat-ironing my hair too, and this AMAZING as a product both used in conjunction with Sebastian Potion 9 on wet hair and then SUPER (i mean it doesn't say to use on dry hair on the instructions but it'sbest i've ever found, above all high-end!! so who cares :) ) as a after smoothing product to add shine and style.

The Extra-Care range has just been extended (must just be too good!) by Schwartzkopft. It's a copy/take-off of the salon range.
The Leave-In Treatment is the take off of Sealed Ends and i like it way better (Sealed Ends doesn't de-frizz as well however they are equal in terms of moisture).

Lastly, it's available in Aust but not US so get one of the reveiwers to CP for you (AUD 5.10).

continued >>