November 23, 2014 | 1018 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Creamy Coconut Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

this smells more like vanilla or pina colada which i dont like:(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lavenderfleur

I actually like the pineapple scent that I get right off the bat when applying this. Unfortunately, most of that fades and most of the coconut too, and I am left smelling like a vanilla cookie. It's not bad, but not what I was looking for either. I'll continue to use it, but I'll be on the search for a more true coconut scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by TranquilityBreeze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered all 3 classic coconut scents, so was excited to open my box of goodies. This isn't a bad smell, but not what I expected. I read a review that described it as smelling like a car air freshener... the ones that hang from your rearview mirror. I was thinking to myself, "How can that be; that's just plain crazy?" Well, I found out today when I tried it on. It smells exactly like one.

In all fairness, everyone's chemistry is different. It might smell better on someone else.

I could detect the coconut smell as well as a hint of vanilla if that helps with the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ArtGirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this lotion on eBay, having never smelled it before. When I received it in the mail, I was initially disappointed in how artificial it smelled (like a strong, pineapple-coconut-vanilla air freshener). However, once I applied it to my skin and let it set for few minutes I began to smell a delicious, creamy vanilla fragrance without a trace of pineapple (I hate pineapple!); my boyfriend loves it! While the fragrance is fantastic and warm, I probably won't repurchase this again unless I want a good vanilla fragrance. If you're looking for a true coconut scent (or even a suntan lotion smell), this isn't the lotion for you, as Creamy Coconut is nearly all vanilla with a vague, minute touch of coconut. Again, a wonderful, comforting fragrance, but not what I was looking for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lotion smells great in the bottle--just summery and yummy! But on me, sadly, it turned into a very fake vanilla-y scent after a while. Maybe not a problem for vanilla lovers, but I had to take a shower

At least it was cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I always grab a few of these when I see they they are being "brought back" as a classic, which they do periodically. They're normally on sale around $5, too. I have to say, I just love this scent. It's a true coconut scent, rich and warm with amazing staying power, especially for a lotion. It's like the scent of tropical sunscreen in the best way possible. Which is why I love it as a staple in the summer, and as a pick-me-up in the winter. I'll keep buying it if they keep making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by biker

LOOOVVEE this stuff! Bought a bunch at the huge sale and I am sooo glad I did. Smells sweet, very coconut/vanilla. My hubby and 3yr old daughter also love it. My mom loved it and said it smelled like coconut cream pie. I will always have this as long as they make it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

I found this today at the bath and body works annual sale. I think it was only $3.00. I didn't chose to buy this one, because it just smelled weird to me. I love coconut scents, but i just think this doesn't smell like a true coconut. Nothing tropical about this in my opinion. This kind of had a candy like smell to it. I really can't describe what I detected, but definitly something bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by cdo0208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why did Bath and Body works discontinue this? I think people who love warm vanilla sugar (from B&BW signature fragrances), should also like Creamy Coconut as well, because it is vanilla-based. It also smells like a very good smelling suntan lotion, which I see as a positive thing, since I love the beach. This seems to have a "comforting" smell that differs from the other Bath & Body Works coconut scents, although I do like Island Coconut too. However, this is definitely the best coconut I've tried yet. I like how it has a creamy, fresh coconut scent instead of an overly sweet coconut smell. Creamy Coconut is definitely a summer staple of mine. Even though it is now rare, I will be sure to stock up during semi-annual sales!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by hshock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all the bad reviews on this one! It smells like suntan lotion and reminds me of the beach! This is one of my favorite scents and I wish it wasn't discontinued! I stock up each time they have the semi-annual sale.