Yon-Ka Juvenil

3.4

This stuff is the bomb for eradicating acne, as quickly as any other product I've ever used. It's not a cure, because the spots will return when I stop using it, but it has been 100% effective in resolving my problem with moderate cystic acne.
I'm 47, had problem skin as a teenager / 20-something (even did a few courses of accutane), but things were much better in my 30s and early 40s. The acne is returning now likely due to mid-life hormonal shifts.
I will always return to this product when spots are a problem. It's expensive but so is a facial... one bottle lasts 3 weeks, so I cut back on daily Starbucks and skip the salon facial, doing the facial at home using this stuff as my 'treatment' phase.
Brilliant. I love the Yonka range.

on 8/7/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Pros. Very effective at clearing acne, Doesn't dry out skin
Natural - Nice alternative to Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid
Great for Sensitive Skin,

Cons: Expensive, Viscosity is very liquid, Smell

I use this stuff in the morning before putting on the moisturizer sunscreen. Its so expensive which is why I'm looking for another product otherwise I would continue to buy it.

on 4/28/2011 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love Juvenil overall. When you use this with Cream 15 and have a good night sleep, your acne just clears up like a magic next morning. I found the scent a bit off, almost too disgusted to apply this during the day, but can bear it at night. Also, even though it's a pretty small, it lasts long which kind of justifies the price.
I recommend this product to people who are willing to use this together with Cream15.

on 2/12/2011 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Amazing product! It's a little runny but it absorbs very quickly into my skin. I'm currently on Differin and my skin has cleared up massively but I still get scattered white heads here and there. Therefore, I dab this product onto any whiteheads at night and in the morning, it's nearly all dried up. The scent can be a bit strong but I enjoy it. My first HG item! I'll definitely buy it again!

on 7/10/2010 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I actually did not have luck with this product. I have used it for 6 months straight with creme 15/PG but I was still getting cystic acne. I then stopped using it but kept the creme 15/PG in my regimen and my skin looks soo much better....maybe i was doing too much?

on 3/14/2009 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's to expensive for what you get. That is the only con and its still not stopping me from buying it. I love this. Honestly, I think I just love the scent and the fact that its a great blend of essential oils. Unfortunately, the way I use this (douse my face morning and night) - it lasts only 2 weeks - yup. I find it refreshing and the scent is addictive. It is strong and herbal but spring time herbal. My skin has gotten better BUT dont know if its because of this product alone because I have been using this in conjunction with: Replenix green tea serum, Jansen Beckett C&C serum, and a SPF, with differin at night. I will admit my skin was wrecked before I started this regiment and has improved greatly - whether due to juvenil alone or to the combination of products - i will continue to purchase this annoyingly expensive product - its like aromatherapy spa for your skin.

on 12/11/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This really seemed to reduce the redness of my pimples overnight, and over a couple of weeks I did notice a difference in my skin texture and clarity. It's not my Holy Grail product, but overall I think it does what it says and purifies my skin. So far it has not helped my hyperpigmentation scars from past acne lesions, but I may not have been using it long enough to notice a difference.
I find the splashy-liquid texture refreshing, but the product is too expensive to be so wasteful, and it doesn't last.
The other thing I don't like is the smell--I'm not a fan of that strong medicinal scent. My boyfriend says I smell like shoe polish when I wear it at night! I also would never wear it during the day, for fear people could smell me from a mile away.
If not for the smell and texture, I would give it a higher score. I will continue to search for my HG for my acne and hyperpigmentation, but I will keep this in my arsenal in the meantime.

on 6/20/2008 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The viscosity of this product sucks. It's too runny, which is nice on your face because it absorbs quickly. Unfortunately your hands absorb it too. I went through this product too quickly because of that... it was relatively effective but I think I might just buy cream 15 for spot treatments instead. The smell is strong but I didn't mind. You can also put a few drops and mix with your moisturizer, it's detoxifying though so you'll probably break out if you have lots of clogged pores.

also not an easy product to travel with, it does leak when on a tilt

on 4/13/2008 12:40:00 AM

I have tried this product because I had gotten an facial. It work the first time on my pimples. The 2nd, 3rd & 4th time it didn't work. It just smells good. It didn't clear my pimples. It's pretty pricey too for a some bottle.

on 3/22/2007 11:10:00 AM

I used it to try to improve my back-then acne prone skin. It was better than nothing, but did not really help my skin conditions at all. I guess I am just not suitable to this line. the smell is quite nice though....