September 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A staple and a must have for so many uses and it's cheap - but - the tub packaging is unsanitary and it's PETROLEUM jelly (mineral based. Eeew)

There are many better alternatives nowadays.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by seristoff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love vaseline. If you use it on dry spots, in 3 days they literally disappear. I also have some premature wrinkles, and I have started a thin layer of vaseline over my wrinkles and they are starting to slowly to become less apparent. Love vaseline, but never put it all over your face or it will feel super gross and goopy. Just remember to put as a thin layer, and not to thick or it will become super goopy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by JackJoe1231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is terrible, I have terrible dry skin on my face. I started using this and it was heavy and greasy and just yuck!!! Never buying again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by bags2777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this, it comes in handy when my skin is especially dry , but if my skin is just fine it causes me to break out. So I guess I'll keep it around for those especially dry days and it works really well as a moisturizer for my lips so yeah I'd repurchase but it last so long I don't see myself running out anytime soon

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by starbright3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had suffered from chronic dry lips for many years. Vaseline did temporarily help but i hated wearing it. It was thick and heavy maybe thats why my lips never healed because lips couldnt breathe. Im using this snail serum now that cured it. Im glad im no slave to petroleum jelly anymore. lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin, especially during winter and I have been using Vaseline whenever my cheeks felt really dry and sore. However I struggled with really dry skin for the past few weeks and nothing worked. Normally my skin is just a little dry but in summer it's normal to oily, but this time my skin was completely dehydrated from too much sun exposure (even though I used SPF30)

My under eye area was so dry that whenever I smiled or laughed I started getting deep wrinkles. My normal skincare regime that has always worked for me didn't do anything and not even the Vaseline helped my skin, because it was so dry that it wasn't able to absorb the Vaseline and the product would just sit on my face.

I guess that this isn't a miracle product. It's just cheap petroleum jelly and if you want to do your skin a favour then spend a couple of bucks on something decent.

I got the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate and within 2 weeks my skin was back to normal and it has actually improved my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Skin69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, during winter/autumn this is an absolute MUST for me, I put it all over my face. It doesn't sting the most sensitive of skin, it has so many uses and gives an extra moisture protection boost to anything when I need it. There's a lot of rumours floating around on beauty blogs saying Vaseline is unsafe and doesn't let your skin breathe, NOT TRUE! Your skin does not breathe, therefore you don't suffocate while using this. In terms of pore clogging-'ness', I put it on my acne-prone areas and I don't get any additional break outs and it actually creates a protective moisture barrier which prevents further flaking and irritation in inflamed areas. Whether you break out to a product depends on your skin, everyone's different but lets say I think Vaseline is UNLIKELY to clog pores.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by dvm92

Well....I thought Vaseline was good for you, apparently Jennifer Aniston swears by it (outside of all the wonderful spa and face treatments probably). However after reading that it can actually completely clog your pores with God knows what, I use it only as an emergency eye cream if I run out of mine. What it does is create the illusion that the skin is softer, but in fact it is doing more harm than good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by TammieCavender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best thing ever. It works for just about everything. If your baby has a diaper rash it works just as well as diaper creams. And it's a lot cheaper. It also works on chapped lips and if you have been blowing your nose a lot such as during cold and flu season it will help get rid of the dryness or stop it before it starts.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by eridanshamanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to used this for years & years. I used it to remove all of my eye makeup or as a lip gloss. Generally, Vaseline BRAND is regarded as highly refined, non-carcinogenic and safe, but many other knock off brands are not. Please exercise caution. After I started realizing what it is made of and what I am smearing onto my body which is accepted into my pores and possibly my blood stream, I decided the possible toxins & downside were not worth the risk. it's a byproduct of the oil industry and therefore an unsustainable resource (read: not eco-friendly). Like the reviewer below, I too switched to extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil. It's pure, doesn't smell bad at all and I can also use it on my hair ends before bed to make them soft and help smooth dry ends. Coco butter is another viable alternative. Here is an interesting article with some good food for thought: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/vaseline-petroleum-jelly_n_4136226.html
Cheers!