December 20, 2014 | 1581 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by meggan808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I'm oily but can get a bit dehydrated in dry fall/winter weather. I'm acne/clog-prone, and this stuff is one of the only heavier things I can use on my face. Makes a great lip balm, too. Moisturizes/hydrates beautifully, helps heal irritated skin, and is dirt cheap. Not the most cosmetically elegant thing in the world, but due to its excellent performance and price, I can easily overlook that.

To address the claims of "toxicity," petroleum jelly most certainly is not. It has been used for many many years. It is recommended by doctors and dermatologists all the time. Look up some actual scientific research, not biased crap from people with "natural product" agendas.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Truly disgusting to use on skin, especially on facial skin! I can't stand it even on my hands or feet!
The first time I applied it on my face, few years back, it clogged my pores in hours and gave me pimples and deep cysts in places I would never have them. Also made my skin feel very uncomfortable as in red and dry patches on my cheek bones and a greasy shiny look. Bleah.
It was the only time I used it on my face. When I used on my lips, they ended up being dry and they were peeling.
I then used it on my hands and feet but I just couldn't get over the disgusting feeling even if I applied it at night.
I now use it to give my shoes a nice shine and protect them from the water or snow. I also use it for the squeeky hinges.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have super oily, acne-prone, clog-prone, sensitive and very flaky skin. I think the flakes come from my anti aging skincare (retinol, peptides etc) and acne medication (BP, AHA/BHA).

Do you know how annoying it is to have flaky skin? No foundation looks good after a few hours and I'm so tired finding ways to keep my face smooth. I've tried oil cleansing, microfiber cloths, emollient moisturizers on top, hyaluronic toner, switching foundations, methods of application, sunblock and powder but nothing really works. Then I stumbled into people's testimonies in MUA about using Vaseline on face. Initially of course I was scared. Acnes have been my number one enemy since puberty and I've had disasters trying on different stuff on my face. Then one night I took the plunge. I don't know why, I can only say I go bananas time to time. After using night serum and let it sink, I use Vaseline mixed with a bit of water on top and after 30 minutes pat with tissue.

And in the morning I had the surprise of my life. No redness, no extra zits, no flakes when I put on my make up! My skin seemed very calm, soft, plump and serene. A fluke? You know how sometimes you are good with a product then BAMMMM here comes the pizza. So I kept on using it almost every night on top of whatever skincare on my rotation, examining my skin obsessively every morning to notice any negative effects... and ladies, it's been months and I've never found a reason to stop using Vaseline on face. I find it non clogging and it provides a barrier for my skin against the world, creating a safe oasis that does not disturb my acne monster. I have neither flakes nor redness.

I am aware about the debate on petrolatum and I am firmly on the camp that believes it is not poisonous. However, I do believe that skincare is a very individual thing. Just because it's safe it doesn't mean it's for everyone. My point is that this works wonderfully for me. I've never thought that the flakes that had been haunting me for years could be banished with just Vaseline! A cheap product that I normally use for my feet! If you have similar problem and would like to try this, I wish you all the best.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by karenzxc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fair skin and when it is cold and dry this is great for getting rid of red rashes. It calms my dry, irritated winter skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Evelin13

I really love using this stuff for under my eyes over night so moisturizing and gentle a little goes along the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by sugapie1

Love, Love, Love Vaseline.

I use it as a lip gloss, I use it for dry, chapped lips. I used it on a babies toothbrush to brush my eyelashes to coat them and to ensure they aren't stuck together before I apply mascara. I use a tiny bit on my finger pads and do an eye massage, 30 circles going around one way, then 30 backwards, to firm my eyes and to help with dehydration. I use it as a hand massage. You can use this anywhere, everywhere. Just a brilliant product. Simple and cheap.

It is greasy, thick, etc a little goes a long way and the tub last forever. Also love there new range in a tin for lips only which has a colour tint.

Only down fall is if I use too much around my eyes I wake with puffy, baggy eyes, but that's only because I have silly, sensitive eyes. I know some people who coat their face in it, massage it in and leave it for 10 minutes. They have amazing skin. Tried it once, had a shiny, greasy face for days with spots but that's because I have silly skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kiyoshi001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has become my HG it's done wonders for me. My lips were terrible for a very very very long time. I bought lipsticks but wouldn't use em cuz of how they'd look on my horrible lips, it was so embarrassing I didn't want to talk to people cuz I didn't want em to notice my overly dry peeling horrible lips. I read a lot of articles on exfoliating your lips and blah blah nothing worked. Anyways I got this and it cleared my lips in 2 days. 2 DAYS!!! I so very felt foolish for having not tried it sooner and going through all that. Now I use it every day I sleep with this thing on my bed. My lips are super smooth and soft. I love it. You don't need to pack it on a little will do just fine. The packaging doesn't bother me I keep it and my hands clean and I don't share cuz my face and lips quickly react to things. I keep a big size for my friends and family who wanna use it but keep the tiny one for myself only.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this when I color my eyelashes, it works and it dosent irritate my skin :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh Vaseline, what would I do without you? The only thing I use this for is my lips. I slather on a layer before I go to sleep at night and I wake up with soft, moisturized and plumped up lips. For years I've had this weird allergic reaction that caused my lips to swell and blister from time to time. Ever since I started using vaseline, I haven't had that issue. People complain about how unsanitary the packaging is, but honestly how else would you package a thick petroleum jelly like vaseline...? At least the tub ensures you get your bang for your buck! I will repurchase this forever :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A staple and a must have for so many uses and it's cheap - but - the tub packaging is unsanitary and it's PETROLEUM jelly (mineral based. Eeew)

There are many better alternatives nowadays.