November 26, 2014 | 975 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Glaze in Pervette

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I love the color, hate the gritty texture. It is exactly the lavender pink type shade I have been looking for. It doesn't make me look dead, but is soft and subtle. This type of color can be very hard to wear, but Pervette has enough shimmer & softness to make this less over powering (like say NYX Castle, Power or Kat Von D Coven) when you are craving that type of look. I have been fascinated with recreating the soft pink look (MAC Well Dressed & MAC Creme Cup) I wear in winter, but instead of pinks, using lavender / lilac shades. Pervette is the most wearable version of this look I have been able to recreate. The only reason I did not give this a full 5 lippies is because much to my dismay, it can feel gritty going on the lips. But my love of the color out weights this discomfort. If the color is your focus, go for it. If texture is a big issue with you, you may not be a fan of this lipstick. I am Nw20, almost black hair, brown eyes, deep soft winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by miafiona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Totally stunning colour! I bought a bunch of mac lippies recently online. Decided to give this one a try as I saw a video on youtube with a guru wearing this and thought it looked super pretty. This doesn't seem to be one of the super hyped up lipsticks and I had actually never heard of it until watching a youtube video. Think this lipstick is a gorgeous lilac/pink that has little flecks of shimmer in. Totally unique colour that is very versatile. I think this has to be one of my faves and think it deserves more hype! Also this is a glaze which happens to be my favourite formula of lipsticks by mac. Possibly my new favourite?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I only tried this on lol where the color? it was a very sheer shimmer of purple I wouldn't buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by 08fonsecac

Love the colour, but it literally lasts about 10 minutes on my lips!! Its a sparkly (not that frosty on me, more just...glitterball-ish) purple-y pink colour. It is very pretty, and it looks gorgeous with MAC clear gloss on top (or any clear gloss really), but I think the stickiness of the MAC one (really really REALLY sticky) helps to keep the colour underneath on. Not reaaaally sure how I feel about it to be honest, I like it but I don't love it - the wear time really brings it down for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Used to be my HG lipstick! It's quite flattering on bottle red-heads :) I love the coolness of it, and the glaze texture. But sometimes it can be a bit too frosty/shiny in a way that can make it difficult to pull off. But when it comes to lilac/purplish lipsticks, this is hands down the most wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Pervette is my favorite pink MAC lippie! Its a frosty light purple pink shade. Its not too bold, too pastel or neon, its pretty tame to wear to work. Simple enough to wear alone or I may add Mall Madness lipglass on top of it & that's still tame. Stays put for a long time but I can feel that frost sensation on the lips sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Gabbisxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a huge huge pinky-purple fan, and a frosty- glaze fan so in theory i should love this. But I am underwhelmed. For some reason this shade always seems to look rather dull on me and i don't know why! Because i really wanted to love it! Maybe i just have not found the right lip gloss to put on top.... It's just strange because unsually cool pinks and purples really work on me

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by aprlmchelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG lipstick. Wear it with everything. I once tried to switch to Snob but it just isn't the same. This has more of a light purple or lavender to it versus straight pink. It is also pretty frosty.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had forgotten the name of the lipstick I had used previously. This one was too purpley, and made my lips look shriveled.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by AnaIriz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got it for free when I turned in my 6 empty foundation bottles so I LOVED the price. It looks initially like a pale bubblegum pink in the tube but it has a blueish/ hologram-ish look to it. When I put some on the back of my hand it was so pretty (At least that's how I describe it.) I rarely wear lip color because I play up my eyes and when I do I stick to a color that is close to my natural lip color . (Rosy nudes/corals/pinks) That being said I really liked how this looked layered on top of the lip gloss I was wearing ( Ulta Brilliant Color Plush #15). It came out a fun flirty shimmery pink. I personally can't stand when lips look flush with skin so this alone would absolutely do that for me but as a light top coat for other glosses/ lip sticks it gives an interesting lilac tinted shade. I picked it in mind for my bday trip to Las Vegas this week.

I wouldn't buy it again because it wouldn't be an everyday look for me. I used my free lipstick pick on it because it was such a fun color and mainly the name is perfect! I couldn't resist!