April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Calming Cleansing Solution

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleansing solution. I use it as my morning cleanser as I do not have the time or energy to use a cream cleanser using water and cotton wool and everything. It really refreshes me and is so quick and easy to use. It leaves my skin feeling moisturised and a bit tingly. I am on my third bottle and will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin: Oily, very sensitive, rosacea and acne prone. This product isn't very effective for oily skin. It doesn't cut through the morning shine at all, so I feel like I need to wash my face afterwards. Kind of defeats the purpose of the product. Also, it's TERRIBLE at removing makeup. I go over my face with it several times in the evening and use a regular toner afterwards. There's always TONS of makeup left on the pad. Very disappointing. I've had this bottle for 1 week now and my bottle is almost 1/4 gone! That is not acceptable, considering it is $17.99 a bottle. Way too expensive for a mediocre product. On the upside, it didn't seem to upset my very sensitive skin a lot. It did leave it looking slightly blotchy (from the rose water, I believe) and a bit oily from the lack of cleansing ability. I think this would be a nice choice for those with dry, sensitive skin. Definitely not for those of us with oilier skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by megatooth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this product! it really is one that is so gentle on my face yet so strong and effective in removing makeup! i give this a thumbs up! i've tried clinique's gel-away cleanser, ZA's cleasing gel, clinique's cleansing milk and AHAVA's all-in-one makeup remover cleanser.. this honestly is the BEST i've used so far! thank u vichy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by winterlover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Micellar cleanser. I have dry, sensitive, breakout prone skin. Usually, I do not like fragrance in my products and this does have a slight fragrance (it seems to dissipate quickly). It is cooling and soothing (helps the couperose and pink blotches I get). I will repurchase as long as they keep making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic product, and much gentler than the Bioderma equivalent. Did not sting my eyes or dry my sensitive, eczema-prone skin like the Bioderma. Feels much smoother and silkier, preventing any tugging while I'm taking off my makeup. Removes my waterproof mascara and Shiseido sunscreen like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by scruffmuffin8u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Vichy’s Purete Thermale 3-in-1 Calming Cleansing Solution is a permanent staple in my morning skin care routine. Gentle and non-irritating, I use a generous amount on a cotton ball and gently swipe my face removing any excess oil and impurities that accumulated overnight. This gently cleans and sooths the skin without leaving a residue or causing breakouts. Its as clear as water and has the same consistancy too. The delicate rose scent is pleasing, yet not overwhelming. My sking is EXTREMLY sensitive, and I have never had an issues with this product. I will continue to purchase this as long as they make it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nequient

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this when looking for a cleanser to remove my sunscreen at night. It turned out rather disappointing. I don't wear heavy makeup (usually just sunscreen and a bit of eyeshadow), but cleansing my face took several passes (and a lot of product), and I couldn't do without a dedicated eye makeup remover. I also wasn't able to use this without water: it dried to a sticky, filmy feeling that didn't go away in any amount of time. Though I have to say, the scent is lovely.

Cons:
- expensive, considering how quickly it's used up
- not strong enough to remove sunscreen
- leaves a sticky residue

Pros:
- smells and feels great during use

All in all, the bottle won't last two months with regular use, the end result being a very expensive, sub par product. I will not be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by marciatsang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for several years already; I have tried other cleansing solution in between, but I ended up sticking with vichy. I have sensitive skin, but I have not experience irritation or dryness after using this product. This product is effective in removing foundations with SPF formulas; but you might need eye makeup remover for eye makeups

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very gentle yet effective cleanser. I have hypersensitive skin with rosacea and my skin doesn't have even a hint of a reaction to this product. It feels very soothing. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hahalalawheee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this at a CVS, though not all CVS's carry this. You must try this one! This is the most gentle cleanser I've ever used.

Do not squeeze out the solution. I take a cotton pad and press it against the opened top end. Then, while holding the cotton pad against the hole, I flip the bottle over twice to soak about half of the cotton pad. I gently wipe it across my skin. Just dab on the eye area, don't tug on any part of your face! After I wash off the cleanser and pat dry, my skin feels clean and refreshed, even though I don't use that much cleanser. My skin's never dry, it feels balanced. Never stripped of its natural oils. Whenever I use other cleansers, my skin always flakes, but this never happens with Vichy Calming Cleansing Solution.

I love the fact that there aren't that many ingredients in this cleanser. I don't ever worry about irritation. In fact, after I've picked at any pimples or blackheads (which are gradually decreasing in number, since I'm not drying my skin with medicated acne products and breaking the natural acid mantle barrier that naturally fights acne) I put some of this solution onto any open wounds for a few minutes. Next, I wash it off and massage antibacterial Polysporin on the small wounds for a few minutes. By the next day, the wounds are either closed or nearly closed. The solution helps the healing progress much quicker than usual.

I don't wear makeup, but I do wear sunscreen, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid SPF 70. This solution completely removes it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No