Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss- Cherries in the Glow [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), FIL

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am velcro for discontinuing products. Revlon makes every shade in this gloss. So why are they just discontinuing the most believable? Like I would wear a milky lavender shade every day?!! I contacted the company, and sadly it is true:( Oh makeup Gods...why have you spurned me again!!

on 9/3/2010 2:29:00 PM

I've had this in my makeup bag for a long time and realized today I really love this gloss. I think what I like about it is the fact that it is a subtle red shade, not to overdone and is a little on the warm side. It is the perfect lip gloss, although you have to reply often to maintain the color which is why I took off one lippie.

on 8/24/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Although I am not much into red lip colors since red either does not suit me as I dont know which one does or just cant find the one that suits me. Anyways this has great pigmentation & is sheer so its not over the top. If I want it be over the top I just wear it over l/s. But yeah the price needs to be low so I will only get it if there is a sale.

on 8/23/2010 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Eyes: Violet

Best. Lip gloss. Ever. I am totally in love with red lip glosses, and this one is by far my favourite. It's sheer, so it isn't at all harsh on my uber pale skin, but delivers just enough colour to make my lips a bit rosy, plus it lasts for quite some time, and is not all that sticky. The only downside to this product is that it is quite pricey (at least where I live), and so I have to wait for it to come back on sale to get it again. The upside to that is this year alone I've seen it on sale three times, so since I have absolutely none of this left, I'll have to wait until then to pick up more. Definitely recommend this to anyone who wants red-ish lips but has a hard time with red lipstick being too harsh.
-TBB

on 8/16/2010 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My original favorite lip gloss. I bought several tubes at 75% off and am rationing them until the next Ice Age...so sorry that this appears to be discontinued. I hate saying good-bye to an old reliable friend.

on 8/2/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this gloss for a muted red lip. The idea of red lipstick always scares me a little, so I love to wear this with a toned-down eye, and I always get compliments when I do. These glosses have a wonderful texture and are comparable to high-end, IMO.

on 7/22/2010 1:56:00 PM

I really like this gloss. It gives a nice pinkish red shine to the lips. The color is actually a bit more prominent than I expected, but it's very pretty. I like the fact that it has no shimmer.

on 7/19/2010 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOOOVE THIS STUFF! Super pretty color, although it looks really dark and red in the tube it's actually a nice subtle color. It gives more of a nice mauve red tint to your lips rather than an opaque color. Nice smooth texture and shine. I am in loooooove! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

GAH! Where have I been?! I *heart* this color.
The sheer wash of reddish pinky pigment is perfect for everyday or that first date when you don't want your date to know about your makeup habit :)
The texture is very glossy but not tacky/sticky so we get the shine w/o feeling like you put paste on your lips.
It's got a doe-foot/sponge applicator, so if you don't like those - well even if you don't like those, try this color anyway.
I'm about the color of Taraji P. Henson and it serves me well.
I got the first one from CVS for $3 and then I thought to roam the nearest Big Lots and *ka-CHING* I found 3 more.
As Revlon is my witness, I will not without go Cherries in the Glow again!

on 6/27/2010 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I happen to be a huge fan of Revlon lippies, and this one definitely delivers. It's a nice sheer red that looks great layered over red or nude lippies for a hint more color and shine. It's definitely more sheer than it looks in the tube- there's just a hint of red once it's on the lips. The formula is light and not too sticky. It lasts as long as any gloss- which isn't that long on me, but it's sheer enough that I can reapply on the go. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

Recommended for Medium Skin