Aroma M Nobara-Cha

3.6

on 4/27/2014 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My impression is that this is a fragrance that REALLY depends on your body chemistry. I strongly recommend sampling it first. If this isn't a good fit with your body chemistry, I think the rose could get cloying really really fast.

Happily, it works great on me. It's very feminine but not at all frou-frou or perfumy; I get compliments from people who say they don't like perfume. I am on my second bottle (vial?) of the Nobara-Cha perfume oil. I wear it about 4 days a week-- not every day, but most days.

When I initially apply it, the rose note comes to the fore but it quickly dries down to a sandalwood scent on me, with the rose and amber vying for second place. By the end of the day it's a very sweet sandalwood. Nobara-cha is one of my very favorite scents and is also reasonably daytime-appropriate. (I have a predeliction for borderline-raunchy ambers and dirty dirty jasmine, which do not belong in the workplace.)

on 11/9/2009 6:59:00 PM

Smells like an old lady's rose scented pot pourri, musty and totally boring and i would never wear this.

on 11/5/2007 10:12:00 PM

Oye. I hate to be a dissenter, but this STINKS. It smells like an old rose (when roses still had scent) that was pressed and left in an old box for thirty years. Kind of a gone bad, sort of sour rose scent. Blech.

on 10/21/2007 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I first received a sample of this when WTF? was still around (moment of silence, please), and it has been on my "must buy" list for literally years. Finally, I am the proud owner of this glorious scent. A little goes a long way, and has great sillage. On me, it is pretty linear pure rose and sandalwood, and it lasts flippin' forever. A drier rose and wood rather than sweet, though it has a richness. I am a big fan of the Aroma M scents as they work beautifully with my chemistry. They seem a bit pricey, IMO, but given how little you use at a time- one spritz of Nobara Cha and you're good for the day- it is a great value.

on 1/10/2007 8:45:00 PM

The gestalt of this has been rumored to be rose tea & I can see that. But it also has an amber note. By itself, the amber is strong in the opening -- a dark, dry sandalwood-infused amber, almost tannic (bringing out the tea feel). As it dries down, a soft, almost apple-y rose comes to the top, the rose of dried petals in the health food store, or in a lingerie drawer. There is a labdanum note, one that pulls a drier, resinous feel into this fragrance - it's full-bodied without being sweet if that makes sense. This is one of those rare universally wearable roses - not too strong, not too 'Rose, Yes I'm Wearing Rose!!!' (and much as I love Perfumers Workshop Tearose, it can carry a bullhorn sometimes!), not too dense as bulgarian rose based frags can be. No, it's soft, fullbodied, almost sweet but overall dry... this is quite lovely.

on 11/14/2005 3:56:00 PM

From Luckyscent: "Rose amber tea. A rose scent like no other. The breathtaking opulence of a rose in full bloom fused with rich incense. Unforgettable and striking -- like a gorgeous floral arrangement that uses a familiar flower in completely unexpected, yet perfect way. Subtle in spite of the intensity of its elements, seductive and unique. NOTES: rose, sandalwood, amber"
Wow, I like this one quite a bit. It really is an incensy rose and the musky slightly musty undertone in it makes it VERY sexy. The rose is soft yet ripe. Like freshly prepared pot pourri rose petals. There is a lovely slightly powdery finish to it likely from the sandalwood. This is lovely and gets better the more it's worn. continued >>

on 7/16/2005 11:25:00 AM

This IS the best of the Cha scents, but nonetheless, it does not work on me. The rose comes out very musty and there are very few moments where I get a beautiful, peaceful tea-rose mix on my skin.

By far the prettiest of the three Cha scents. A lush, sweet rose with a bit of powder, tea, and amber. However there's a slight bitterness that's off-putting. There are so many other rose scents I prefer to this one, so no purchase for me.

on 2/14/2005 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is really wonderful. Sampled from luckyscent.com, it has 3 notes: rose, amber and sandalwood. A full bottle is now on its way to my home (I am very cautious before buying full bottles). It is warm and rich, slightly incensy, tea rose (without being victorian), and definitely seductive. It has a great presence - it wafts about when least expected. This gets raves on Luckyscent and I have to agree with everyone - if the notes appeal to you - try this. I love Stella and I love this too - Stella is for the day - this is for nights.

on 12/11/2003 8:27:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

Nobara-Cha (wild rose tea) is my favourite of the three Geisha tea scents. It's a most lovely rose scent with a difference, very soothing and calming, makes me feel serene.

Popular Fragrances