Sally Hansen Nail Prisms in Ruby Diamond

3.9

on 9/8/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms in Ruby Diamond is a bright pink bordering on fuchsia polish with a holographic shimmer. There are actually two versions of this color - one in a short, squatty bottle and another in the taller, tapered bottle. I have both and there are differences depending on which bottle you have. This review will be for the older, squatty bottle. I will edit when I actually use the other. (For reference, though, the taller bottle has more holo effect but the color is very slightly lighter, less bright pink.) In this smaller bottle, the holo effect is barely noticeable in the bottle, on the nail, indoors, or outdoors. It is there, but it's very subtle and not very rainbow-y. The application was good but not great. I had bald patches in a couple of areas if I went over an already-polished area more than once. Like another reviewer stated, the brush that comes with this bottle is a little on the short side. The formula is very dense and I was able to get bottle color and total opacity in two coats. However, even after thinning the polish (which seemed a little thick at first), I still had dragging and pulling issues and it just didn't seem to flow easily. I'm not very impressed with the shininess of this one, either. It seemed a little on the dull side, but that may be because I'm used to using OPI, so for a drug store polish, this wouldn't be too bad. I didn't have any problems with the drying time. It was dry with about five minutes between coats and rock hard with Seche Vite in 20 minutes. I was able to get four days of wear time without any chips; however, the manicure was really starting to look dull and like it needed to be changed. While I like the color, I was expecting more from this holo polish that just isn't there so I will not be buying another one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great shade of pink and its very pigmented. I find the formula is a bit watery and takes a really long time to dry. Not a huge fan of the brush because its a little smaller than I like. It lasted a few days with a top coat but overall this didn't excite me so I don't think I will repurchase.

Very pretty shade

on 9/29/2007 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I 1st applied this on my nails I was sort of freaking out because I felt it was pretty bold and crazy esp. under lights and the sun. The color looks magenta or fuchsia with nice diamond like shimmer. Awesome color!

on 6/16/2006 2:00:00 PM

This is a terrific blue pink with holographic sparkles. It's one of the few holographic polishes that I have that I like even when there is not enough light for the sparkles to show. 3 coats for full coverage. No signs of a chip all week (but it's on my toes, not my fingers). This is ever so slightly bluer and darker than SH Prisms Ruby Presents).

on 3/21/2006 2:21:00 PM

This is a fun, holographic deep violet rose on me. Definitely one of the best unique colors in the Prisms line, but the wear was not great. My tips started showing wear the day after, and the next day some chipped. Most tips remained in tact, though, so it's not a total loss. I wore it for work because I don't work in a stuffy office, but this would probably be a bit much if your workplace is conservative. Great for spring/summer, and I'm sure it would look lovely on toes, though the nuances might not be that noticeable.

on 3/14/2006 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is simply gorgeous!! Its NOT a ruby red, like the name suggests. Its a bright medium pink with holographic micro-glitter. I really love this line of polishes - they're all to-die-for! With a good base and top coat, they last just as long as the salon brands.

on 12/11/2003 3:27:00 AM

This color is to die for! The diamond nail prisms truly are amazing! I think this is a new shade. Dont let the name fool you into thinking its red, its definately a bubble gum pink shade (much prettier than the drab pink diamond shade). And it has that amazing rainbow prism effect that looks soooo awesome in the sunlight! And all it takes is 2 coats.