November 24, 2014 | 1762 users online

Lip Gloss - TheBalm - Water My Melon

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by yluseu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best lipgloss ever. I was a lip product addict for a while, and have tried quiet a variety of products by now, mass market and prestige alike. I can confidently say this is the best I've ever tried. It's neither too sticky nor flimsy/runny, the color shows well, texture is great - slightly plumping with cooling sensation instead of burning and stinging like other plumping glosses, moisturizing and has yummy scent/flavor.

You may think what is the big deal about lip gloss moisturizing, since it's oil based - but I've tried so many highly glossy products that left my lips parched and chapped so badly. I was given this one as a gift, went on to try a few other products in this range, and absolutely love them all! (except maybe tutti frutti - not my preferred fragrance, but everything else is great).

Price - I would say it's between 2 and 3, but oh well I could only choose either two or three so I chose 2. It's not too cheap like drugstore or discount store brands, but not as expensive as department store brands either.

I would absolutely buy this again and would recommend this to others!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Water My Melon is a cheaper dupe of Chanel's Glaze glossimer; a shiny, clear pink tint that looks very natural. This is a plumping lipgloss that has a cooling sensation on the lips, rather than a swelling (like Lipfusion) or burning (like DuWop Lip Venom or Too Faced Lip Injection) one. Very pretty, with the juiciest watermelon scent :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by 4321lauren

I just purchased Water My Melon and I love the versatility of this color. You can wear it without lip liner and your lips with look natural with a slight gloss, ot you can wear it with a lip liner for a more dramatic look. This is this 5th color I have purchased and this color may be my favorite so far. Highly recommend and the gloss smells amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In an ideal MUA, I'd be able to give this product a 3.6. Since whole numbers are my only option, I had to round up. It's a nice gloss, but I'm glad I got it on sale at VS b/c I'd be disappointed if I paid $14 for it.

The forumla is very smooth--less stick than a Mac Lipglass, thinker than a Dior Ultra Addict Gloss, not as luxurious as a Chanel Glossimer. I don't think this lasts more than an hour on my lips.

The scent is light and fruity, and it produces a slight tingly feeling on my lips. I guess that's the plumping action? I haven't noticed my lips looking any fuller with this than any other gloss.

I'm disappointed in the pigmentation. In the bottle, Water My Melon is a bright pink with silver sparkles. On my lips, the color is maybe two steps above clear. Still pretty, but not anything special.

I'm glad I had a chance to try this product on the cheap, but I will not repurchase when it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by rachelalger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First, I should say that I never have finished a tube of gloss. I end up going to lip balm over lip gloss again and again, because I feel like gloss is either too sticky or wears off too quickly. I bought this gloss on a whim, and I am so happy I did.
I put it on at 8:45am, and it's after lunch, and I can still feel it on my lips (not as much as before of course, but I can feel that they are moist, and slippery from the gloss. Water My Melon is a sheer pink, and the shimmer is minimal which I love. I just but another tube from Sephora so that I never have to be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by BaileyS01

Yum! Love this lipgloss! First off, let me say, I put this gloss on on my way to work this morning at 7:50 am..it is now 11:38 am and it is still on! Now granted, not as much as when I first applied, but you can definately still see, smell, and feel (I've even been drinking water all morning!) I ordered this one on a whim from Sephora.com (after readint the reviews on MUA, of course!) and am very pleased. The color is perfect, shiny, shimmery, and slightly pink (not at all as bright as in the package) and is perfect for my lips. I think this is a color that would look great on most. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hrhausman

I loved this lip gloss. It does not get sticky and it does not burn like other plumping glosses. It is pretty sheer and there is hardly any color, but it looks great by itself and on top of a stonger color lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Cloud718

No plumping, not even some temporary plumping. smells yummy but for $14, i was expecting it to smell even better (it smells like what bonne bell lip smackers smell like). pretty moisturzing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by jbabygirl88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ahh, I love this gloss. It has a nice smell, doesn't burn my lips like a lot of glosses do and has a nice color. The only reason I took one lippie off is because it seems like I have to dip the wand in like 3 or 4 times just to get enough for my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by DREAMING8745

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

smells great , I love it !