August 1, 2014 | 966 users online

Lipstick - Kevyn Aucoin - Bloodroses lip tint

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

och! gorgeous@! this is probably my favorite vampy red for a fair girl. it's just red enough to not look brown or black or purple on someone who is very pale, but still so dark and easily layered with other dark colors of your choice. i love the formula. lasts pretty long (up to 4 hours with excellent application). i wish sephora wasn't discontinuing carrying his products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Bekll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My goodness... this is the best red lipstick I've found. Okay, I'll be honest - I've had very few red lip products in my life. Most are garish on me or too bright. This bloodroses is a gorgeous deep red with a wine undertone. The smell is very faint of roses which I love. I do *not* recommend putting this on straight from the lipstick. It's much too creamy for that. If you did that and had no lipliner on it would feather like crazy. What I like to do is pat it on my lips with a finger. Sort of a sponging effect. I do this around a dozen times, adding in more of the color, until it saturates my mouth in a stunning stained look. I actually alternate with patting it on to putting powder over my lips, then patting more on over that. The powder helps the color stay on. So that is what bloodroses does - it leaves a vampy, pigmented stained color behind on your lips. Others have complained of how it doesn't last long - use my method and you won't have that problem. I like it best paired with neutral eyes, a lot of mascara, and in the cold weather. This is a fall/winter lipstick, absolutely. If I ever want the perfect slightly dramatic, gothic look I reach for this lipstick. I'm a very fair skinned person and am so surprised at how well this color looks on me. It even makes me look paler in comparison which is great for me. (I hate tanned skin. I'm more for the classic Snow White beauty ideal.) Also, the tube itself matches the lip color and is very polished and professional looking. It's rectangular, which is unusual. I feel like a dark, elegant queen when I wear this. I don't think this color is very well known so it's my own little secret why my lips look so good when I go out with this on. ^_^

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by leiakrystine

Great overall product- dried my lips out and turned them fuschia after a few hours. I ended up returning this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by tweezerhappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just got this from Sephora. I bought this and Dantique. Couldn't decide wut I wanted b/c they both looked good. The scent is of roses which I luv. The color is a bold blood red shade. Sephora describes it as "deep burgandy red." I think the color is a neutral dark red, not too blue and not orangey. I usually don't go bold red but this color actually looked good on me so I had to buy. Sometimes dark red could look real bad! The texture is surprisingly easy to apply b/c it is isn't thick like most creamy lipsticks. It is described as a tint but it is saturated w/color so a little goes a long way. His nudes look really good too but I must contain myself and buy these at another time since they are $23 each. The price is worth it since the color seems to last pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The search for the perfect sheer, blood red lipstick (if that makes sense) is now over!! It is a dark red with blue undertones, and is very pigmented, but is applies sheer and lovely with a light hand. The color is so gorgeous, it is what I've been dreaming of for months!!

EDIT: Ok, someone said I looked like Morticia Adams with this on because of my pale skin. Hmmm.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by CallistoLuna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous burgundy red colour. Actually has a slight purple/fuschia tone to it so it's not a true bright red, more like a wine red. I love the shade it looks very elegant on my pale face and even with my red hair! It's not vampy in the least and should suit most skin/hair colors. I really like the way it sheers out on the lips giving them a stain. It also looks beautiful under lipgloss. I like to use the MAC dazzleglasses at the moment, but before that I usually put a neutral pink or golden colour over my lipstick (try MAC Nymphette lipglass or similar). I will definately repurchase when I run out. Thankfully it's not LE.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Love8Brain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes what can't a little red lipstick do for a girl!? I bought this sight unseen from VictoriasSecret.com back when they carried his line. I had to wait for MONTHS for it to arrive. It's always mildly exciting in a masochistic kinda way. I don't just mean red lipstick, which this is ... sort of. But waiting. So I waited it out. One day when I had forgotten about it; it arrived. KA's lipstick has a scent of roses to it. But that isn't annoying at all. This glides on so smoothly that yes, you can apply red-ish lipstick in a moving car and not be too concerned. It was so wonderful that when i saw it on clearance that same season, I grabbed another. I'm PPP, now incredibly blonde, due to a chemical intervention. I have green/blue eyes with gold in the center. This is the kind of lipstick that you can actually wear with smoked out eyes, or with a neutral eye. My fav way to wear this is with a white/creamy shadow on my eyes, and black liner; winged. Very Bombshell. It's very Classic Bombshell on me and I can only hope I never ever run out or lose my two most precious Bloodroses lipsticks! Love. Just love. I really do believe that KA loved women and really did want them to look and feel beautiful. And this shows in his products. Still.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love lip tints. a beauty editor suggested this for me. this color is a perfect dark red without being a clone of 'vamp'. i love how sheer it is, but how it still gives full long lasting coverage. worth the price, just a great red, even on my fair complexion.
i recommend, big time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Beautyproductjunkie

Love this color..looks more dark and scary in the tube, but when applied it's a lovely red stain (after you blot it.) Unusual lipstick case, totally squared and a pretty red metalic finish. Wish it came in a case to protect it from getting all scratched up in my bag, though. Didn't notice much of a fragrance, someone earlier mentioned it being scented like roses. Will buy when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 6:36:00 AM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

perfect =D !!! i didn't think i would like this because it's supposed to be a"sheer tint" and i'm all about color...let me tell you though,this lippie ain't a wimpy color.it's a beautiful red that isn't too strong but isn't weak either-it's perfect ! it feels good on my lips as well. and after it fades,it leaves this beautiful rosy stain.god, i just love it !